• Yes, I am new here!

22 20.37%
  • Zombie from long ago

16 14.81%
Page 2967 of 2968 FirstFirst ... 196724672867291729572965296629672968 LastLast
Results 59,321 to 59,340 of 59342

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

I love skateboarding so much that its 12:15am and i'm getting up at 6am to drive 30 minutes to try out a new skatepark and meet up with a phoenix local who i haven't met in person yet so I can skate and maybe make new homies before i go to work tomorrow

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I love skateboarding so much that its 12:15am and i'm getting up at 6am to drive 30 minutes to try out a new skatepark and meet up with a phoenix local who i haven't met in person yet so I can skate and maybe make new homies before i go to work tomorrow
    You could also check out local musician groups and craigslist and find folks to jam with. I used to definitely leverage hobby interests to meet new friends whenever I moved to a new location when I was your age..

Earth Punk

RIP Chuck Mosley.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

I landed ribcage first on the corner of a ledge last week and my ribs still hurt when i move LOL pretty sure i bruised them or something

God

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I hate getting up early on weekends cause im up early for work each day but throughout the summer if i knew we were going skating to a spot that gets busy through the day, id be the first to suggest getting up super early to get a sesh in at a empty park or spot, live for that shit !

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

I've apparently been out of the loop...are Element boards still shit?

Earth Punk

Am I the only one getting kind of burnt out on all of the groping allegations?

For fucks sake do all of these people run around with their dicks hanging out?
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Am I the only one getting kind of burnt out on all of the groping allegations?

For fucks sake do all of these people run around with their dicks hanging out?
    Yep. This whole thing just goes to show how deeply-rooted this culture of sexual harassment really is...or rather, how backwards many of our powerful men expect the world to be, and how complicit everyone around them have been.

Earth Punk

I will say though that although I find Al Frankens actions terrible I give him props for how he is handling the situation. He isn't denying that it happened. He isn't calling his accuser a liar. He isn't calling it a witch hunt. He isn't bringing up his accusers past. He isn't slagging her in the press. Or threatening to sue. Unlike Donald Trump or Roy Moore. He issued two apologies. His accuser has forgiven him. And he has opened an ethics probe into himself.

This is what we should be teaching our fucking kids on top of don't pull that shit in the first place. If you do something wrong acknowledge it, apologize, and try to rectify the situation. The woman in question has accepted his apology and I believe forgiven him and moved on. Given Frankens actions as a legislator I don't believe that it will turn into a Bill Cosby or Donald Trump situation. I believe that it is between those two parties and we should move along.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

A new Franken accuser came forward today.. Random lady says Franken grabbed her ass when she asked to pose with him for a photo at the 2010 Minnesota State Fair. She has the photo but of course it doesn't show their backs where she claimed he had his hand on her ass. Kinda like the Taylor Swift incident but without her reporting it and without other witnesses who were there when it happened..

Earth Punk

I hate to sound like that guy but that sounds kind of fishy to me. While I don't doubt that sexual harassment and groping takes place. I just can't help but wonder about false accusations too. I know now I am starting to sound like an apologist.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Oh, I dunno...I've worked in some VERY coarse work environments, and while there wasn't any flagrant physical stuff going on, there was most definitely some inappropriate stuff being said (by the exec team, towards some of their employees). Add in a little alcohol after work or at company events, and some people did get a little handsy (including the accountant grinding on me with the horny desperation of a single gal, while my wife was out of the room...I quickly ducked out and got a fresh drink). Having read a few first-hand accounts of sexual harassment, a lot of the recipients of said harassment were simply in shock in the immediate aftermath, and didn't realize what had happened until a long time later. It's not necessarily as flagrant as smashing a window or beating someone up; if a woman is on a bus or train and some dude grabs her boob, is it flagrantly sexual, or did the bus hit a bump and destabilize the guy just a little? If a guy in a committed relationship is at a bar and a stranger's hand brushes his crotch, was it just a mistake, or did she actually mean something inappropriate by it?

Gravity Slave Moderator

I think the biggest violations are when person A makes the move, person B gives a definitive NO to the advance but person A keeps pushing. Another huge violation is when person A and person B are strangers or almost strangers, especially with uninvited touching or groping.

Making a pass at someone you know, even someone you occasionally work with can be in bounds.. It should only take one "no" to stop someone, anyone from that behavior.

Groping a random stranger is just as bad as blindsiding them and punching them in the face out of the blue..

Earth Punk

OK now for some facts about accuser #1:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...Either-Accuser

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK! She was a Breitbart contributor! Says a lot.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK now for some facts about accuser #1:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...Either-Accuser

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK! She was a Breitbart contributor! Says a lot.
    And Fox News is claiming that the Roy Moore accusers worked for the DNC, or the Clinton Campaign, or.. insert other source of bias..'

Local media connect Roy Moore accuser to Democratic campaigns

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/10/re...ton-joe-biden/

Earth Punk

I wrote a long response to this that got erased when I timed out.

In a nutshell. I can't take seriously the allegations of a professional propagandist. The only thing worse than an actual perpetrator is someone who cries wolf and points fingers. Our friend thrahmaster/goatdick is on my perpetual shit list for following me around to salt the wound after repeatedly calling me a child molester. I also could've fucked trollskaters life up permanently for his bullshit. The language used to justify internet trolling is the same used to justify rape and sexual harassment, and the methods used to perpetuate it are the same as grooming.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I wrote a long response to this that got erased when I timed out.

In a nutshell. I can't take seriously the allegations of a professional propagandist. The only thing worse than an actual perpetrator is someone who cries wolf and points fingers. Our friend thrahmaster/goatdick is on my perpetual shit list for following me around to salt the wound after repeatedly calling me a child molester. I also could've fucked trollskaters life up permanently for his bullshit. The language used to justify internet trolling is the same used to justify rape and sexual harassment, and the methods used to perpetuate it are the same as grooming.
    In a nutshell, the accusations from the first person against Franken are true and Franken doesn't deny them. Does what he did really rise to the level of full blown sexual assault though? The woman Franken worked with isn't demanding he step down. It's certainly not rape or attempted rape which is what Moore is accused of with tons of collaborating accusations and stories. Even with some ulterior motives for coming forward, blaming the victim is strongly frowned upon. There is no doubt that the women finally coming forward against Moore did so because they don't want another probable pedophile in the US senate (I don't believe Frankin is a pedophile but it's clear that there are other legislators who are).

Blaming a true victim is wrong regardless of the level of the violation. Calling out someone for total and complete lies intended to cause harm is something different. Moore is trying to convince us that all these people are lying. Bigger problem is his supporters, and Trump's, don't care if he's guilty of raping teenagers.

Earth Punk

I agree completely. The thing is that Frankens first accuser may have just laughed it off as the tacky joke it seems to be intended as. The fact that she is a very vocal spokesperson for the right makes this an easy situation to exploit given the timing of it coming out. In the Donald Trump/ Roy Moore world it is something that they can use to rile up their easily duped base. Reading Trumps comments I just heard Pee Wee Hermans back of my head going, "I know you are but what am I!?" while Sean Connery says, "If he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!" thinking that it legitimizes the crap him and Roy Moore have done by giving them, "But look at Bill Clinton! Look at Al Franken!" and certain segments of the left are chiming in calling for Franken to step down in spite of the fact that he has been speaking out on this crap for years. Tweeden(?), Breitbart, and Sean Hannity damn well knew it. That just makes me question motivation.

C/S,
    Rev J

Earth Punk

"The Dark Night" with Christian Bale and Heath Ledger is on. Is it just me or does Christian Bales Batman voice sound either like the killer from "Scream" or like he should be making dirty phone calls?

C/S,
    Rev J

I stand with the victims.