• Still no

9 8.49%
  • Really, not new here

3 2.83%
  • Yes, I am new here!

20 18.87%
  • Zombie from long ago

16 15.09%
Page 2954 of 2956 FirstFirst ... 1954245428542904294429522953295429552956 LastLast
Results 59,061 to 59,080 of 59102

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Ben I was in your neck of the woods the other day and completely forgot to hit you up. I went to busch gardens on sunday!
    Damn my dude! haha I live like 2 miles from Busch! Hope you had a good time though!!

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    If you are out here for Outside Lands, or Hardly Strictly Bluegrass hit me up. There is a vegan soul food resturaunt in Jack London Square. If you weren't vegan I'd say let's hit up The Home of Chicken and Waffles.
    I've spent so much time in California that I think i could technically say I actually lived there (Especially since I have to file taxes with you guys too), and have been everywhere from Chinese Camp to Barstow to San Diego to Redding, i've even been to San Jose and Mountain View, but I still have never been to San Francisco. I'll hit you up if I ever find myself over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Damn my dude! haha I live like 2 miles from Busch! Hope you had a good time though!!
    Verbolten fucked me up LOL

It wasn't planned though, I was at my friend's house near the outer banks for the weekend and he was just like "hey, wanna go to busch gardens? it's only like two hours from here". I was like ehh idk about spending $80 to get in and he said he would pay for it so i was like WELP LETS GET IN THE CAR THEN I GUESS haha

Turbo Raptor!

Just dropping by to say Chad Muska is the absolute shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Just dropping by to say Chad Muska is the absolute shit.
    Dude is a legend. Him and Smolik made all those old shorty's videos classics.

Earth Punk

I love this guys style:

I dig guys like this, Kilian Martin, Jason Park etc obviously because of the freestyle influence but I'm glad there aren't more skaters like them. Kind of like in the early 90s when there were only a handful of guys doing big gaps, stairs, ledges etc. For me it was cool but when it got to the point where everyone was doing it it just got boring for me to watch.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Guys, even though it was mad sketchy, i learned regular backside gazelle flips today.

Tech gods blessing me again.

Earth Punk

Good job man!

This is the only reason I subscribed to GQ's YouTube channel:

For the most part I think GQ is fodder for the Patrick Batemans of the world. I have no interest in their fashion tips, tech, music articles etc. I feel like it is written for a lifestyle that I have no interest in but this running commentary is worth the watch.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Does it make sense to anyone that I can do nollie, switch and fakie varial heels 4/5 times but regular varial heels I can only do like 1/20?

i hate skateboarding

Earth Punk

It sounds more psychological than physical. Either that or you have all of the movements programmed into your muscle memory one way but not the other.

Unrelated, the Strike Brewing Screaming Hand Imperial Ambe Ale is pretty tasty. Hoppy but not as hoppy as an IPA.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

All the other stances just came way easier for me. I landed nollie varial heel first try ever. That's a staple for me in games of skate, switch and nollie varial heels. Fakie I gotta put a valiant effort in but i can land them, regular just don't work lmao i can't figure them out

Earth Punk

I don't know how to do the trick but try breaking it down to its components. Also pay attention to more subtle stuff like what you're doing with your shoulders, and arms even something like where you look when you do a trick can effect it since you figure your head is about a 10 lb weight on top of your shoulders which even by looking somewhere else can effect your center of balance. I've noticed great improvements in my skating once I started looking at my shadow.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

I'm at $750 profit from that craigslist buy of all those cameras with still quite a few pricey items left! Sold a total of $1146 so far. Definitely helping get rid of some credit card debt!

Global Moderator

^Hell yeah!

I don't know how to do the trick but try breaking it down to its components. Also pay attention to more subtle stuff like what you're doing with your shoulders, and arms even something like where you look when you do a trick can effect it since you figure your head is about a 10 lb weight on top of your shoulders which even by looking somewhere else can effect your center of balance. I've noticed great improvements in my skating once I started looking at my shadow.
    I've noticed that any trick involving turning clockwise for me is harder. Which is why I can't do frontside flips, or hardflips, i can't do a front 180 over anything/down any gaps, etc. My regular front shoves are so whack haha. For a while, I could nollie laserflip better than regular varial heel. It's super weird. I'm trying to figure it out though, having V heel in every stance on lock will be tight.

Earth Punk

How are your kick turns. I know you are a good skater. But hear me out. I am of the philosophy that before you can control your board in the air you should be able to control it on the ground. If you are having a hard time getting a rotation right in the air start with a basic kick turn. To use a music analogy it's like trying to play all of the hip jazz chords when you don't have basic triads down.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

In Freestyle and X-Games skiing there are serious additional tech points for competitors who can spin their tricks in either direction. I'm the same as most, only really comfortable spinning, clockwise for me with left foot forward. I only do backside kick turns on ramps.. used to have a sketchy frontside available but not anymore.. Not doing anything beyond 180 on flat ground counter clockwise these days.. I can still rip off 2-3 360s spinning clockwise when I focus on going for it. Used to be able to crank them out until I got tired younger days..

But, ya, always had a strong side and a VERY weak side..

Global Moderator

How are your kick turns. I know you are a good skater. But hear me out. I am of the philosophy that before you can control your board in the air you should be able to control it on the ground. If you are having a hard time getting a rotation right in the air start with a basic kick turn. To use a music analogy it's like trying to play all of the hip jazz chords when you don't have basic triads down.
    kickturning and cruising around is no biggie for me....i can kickturn both directions in regular and switch on fine both flat and on quarterpipes. I'm still trying to make myself not be scared of switch frontside rock and rolls though lol

Earth Punk

That is odd. It seems to me that the body movement between varials and kick turns is similar.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    kickturning and cruising around is no biggie for me....i can kickturn both directions in regular and switch on fine both flat and on quarterpipes. I'm still trying to make myself not be scared of switch frontside rock and rolls though lol

For me, the problem with frontside is being harder to bail and run out of it or slide when it doesn't unhook. Backside bails you are facing forward down the feature so you can see the best escape... Frontside you feel line you are going to just fall back on the back of your head if you can't scoot backwards fast enough or twist around to your knees and slide.

Earth Punk

I think that is how I fucked my shit up. I think I was running backwards out of a fall and tripped over my feet.

C/S,
    Rev J

I also struggle somewhat with frontside kickturns. Backside came much easier for me.