• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3041 of 3043 FirstFirst ... 2041254129412991303130393040304130423043 LastLast
Results 60,801 to 60,820 of 60850

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

Yeah that 50 hour a week work schedule is seriously cutting into any time I have for anything else. Although I did download the Shudder app for my phone and watched 3 From Hell and Kuso on my phone. I'll probably watch 31 after work tonight.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

Best "Skaters vs....." video ever:

I've been watching a lot of horror movies during the "Shelter in Place" order.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Anybody getting news oversaturation besides me? As a distraction, I've been watching climbing movies like Meru....

Been raining off and on in Norcal, so no skating. Hope everybody else is having better weather and a chance to go skate!

For all you mods, we have another spammer:
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.php?10004122-Josepsh
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya guys, I've been working from home and just chilling. I take a lap around the block on a skateboard almost every day. Weather's been decent. Might hit the mini ramp for a few minutes tomorrow. Stay safe. I thing this will be sort of the new normal unfortunately. It's going to take awhile before many people have the confidence that there's safety in numbers again. Weird new world we're heading in to.

God

I wonder if this social distancing and isolation will bring old members back here. I think NSW is on the brink of a law ordered lockdown..... im somehow considered essential which is bullshit so im still at work every day. shouldnt complain with the amount of people losing there job but yeah i wouldnt mind a little lockdown action

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Anybody getting news oversaturation besides me? As a distraction, I've been watching climbing movies like Meru....

Been raining off and on in Norcal, so no skating. Hope everybody else is having better weather and a chance to go skate!

For all you mods, we have another spammer:
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.php?10004122-Josepsh
    Yeah, I definitely got that when I was working with my client in the hospital. Now that he's home it's not so bad. I don't have a TV, at home I only have internet access on my phone and usually use it to play games or watch horror movies. Fulci's movie Zombie isn't recommended during a pandemic but is generally entertaining.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Another movie not recommended for these time... I am Legend with Will Smith. I thought of that movie when I heard of all the possible "cures" being fast tracked today.

We got our boards and our loved ones, we'll get through this. Stay safe but don't let that stop you from having a little fun.

Skate Pirate

I gotta bust out Lords Of Dogtown again...

Retired Staff

Lords of Dogtown is a classic. So is Dogtown and Z Boys.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I took a couple runs on my little mini ramp today. Still totally ridable.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Lords of Dogtown is a classic. So is Dogtown and Z Boys.
    I've always wanted to see a Tony Hawk style game about old-school skateboarding like LoDT.

Retired Staff

To me a great afternoon marathon that shows the history of skating from the 70's through the early 2000's is Dogtown and Z Boys, The Bones Brigade an Autobiography, and Steve Rocco: The Man Who Souled the World in that order. Even though I think Rocco is a petulant little shit the doc is pretty good.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

If you're looking for silly laughs, check out Skateboard Madness.

Caveman

2 of my favorite flicks are Stacy Peralta flicks... Dog Town and Z boys and Riding Giants. Great storylines. Thanks for the reminder.

Retired Staff

Stacy's son was a prodigy keyboardist:

If you look closely in the background during the interview between songs you see Stacy laughing in the background.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

This is one of my favorite Jazz standards. He died a few hours after this was shot from pneumonia exacerbated by drug use.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Wow, that's really sad.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    To me a great afternoon marathon that shows the history of skating from the 70's through the early 2000's is Dogtown and Z Boys, The Bones Brigade an Autobiography, and Steve Rocco: The Man Who Souled the World in that order. Even though I think Rocco is a petulant little shit the doc is pretty good.
    I watched the hell out of the Bones Brigade documentary in 2012 and 13 during the Iong weekends at the skateshop.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Wow, that's really sad.
    Yeah, he was only 22. Thats's also the combination that killed Charlie Parker and Billie Holiday. The other interesting connection to the Z Boys period of skating is the drummer in the first clip Ronald Bruner Jr. and his brother Steven "Thundercat" Bruner were the rhythm section for Suicidal Tendencies for about 10 years. (Suicidal Tendencies singer) Mike Muir is the brother of Jim "Mad Dog" Muir who was on the original Zephyr team and founder of Dog Town skateboards.

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I watched the hell out of the Bones Brigade documentary in 2012 and 13 during the Iong weekends at the skateshop.
    I can imagine. Theres an old SNL sketch with Tim Robbins "Sweet Jimmy the Sensitive Pimp" that kinda reminds me of Peralta.

Actually, it was that documentary and Rodney Mullens first TED talk that got me back into skating.

In that doc you never heard the questions asked or how they were asked and only saw a response. So I went to YouTube looking for interviews with Mullen to see if he was as nuts as he comes across in that documentary and caught his TED talk:

I almost walked into traffic for a couple of weeks thinking about what he was saying and decided to take up skating again.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I watched the hell out of the Duane Peters biography, and a few others, but then got yelled at for the curse words.