• Zombie from long ago

16 14.68%
Page 2968 of 2969 FirstFirst ... 196824682868291829582966296729682969 LastLast
Results 59,341 to 59,360 of 59368

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

i don't remember the last time i slept a full night

Earth Punk

I have a long history of sleep problems. If you get a chance check out the sleep cycle app.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I've figured out quite a few songs lying awake in bed unable to sleep for various reasons..

Here's a couple of those reasons..

Gravity Slave Moderator

Earth Punk

"The thing about insomnia is that you're never completely asleep and you're never completely awake," Fight Club.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I've got this old guitar...

I bought the body off of Ebay (dirt cheap, for being a loaded body), refinished it, slapped the Epiphone neck on it, and got it playable. Problem is, it's got no direction. Being a lower-end Ibanez body, the stock electronics seem to be geared toward a heavier, shreddier music than I play. The pickups take distortion AMAZINGLY, but sound like damp undies when played clean...muffled, peaky in all the wrong places; just a little "off."

So, I'm at an impasse here...I want to do a pickup swap and get the electronics upgraded and sounding decent. One idea is to emulate Deryck Whibley's dual-humbucker guitar and run both pickups with a single volume and tone to get me some of that gnarly, pop-punk, 3-chord-rock-and-roll sound; fill in the unused holes in the body; and paint it matte black. My other idea is to leave the existing holes as is, but go for a sound that emulates more of a ropey, rockabilly, cowpunk thing (a'la Social Distortion and The Kentucky Headhunters) by getting some humbucker-sized P90's and wiring it up like a '57 Les Paul.

What do you guys think?

Earth Punk

I'd say kind of split the difference. Leave the finish as is. Maybe go with a set of EMG pickups and electronics. The set that all of the metal dudes love was designed for Jazz guitar.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Double Humbuckers either way, because Les Pauls fall in the Epiphone family..

Earth Punk

I'm so fucking grumpy right now. I just spent 2 months working 6 days a week first 2 covering for a coworker who was on vacation then covering for another who quit abruptly. The girl who we replaced him with called in at the last minute 4 times in as many weeks so I'm back working 6 days a week until a replacement is found.

C/S,
    Rev J

SPAM bot:
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.ph...3189-ubvngfyru

=====
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I'm so fucking grumpy right now. I just spent 2 months working 6 days a week first 2 covering for a coworker who was on vacation then covering for another who quit abruptly. The girl who we replaced him with called in at the last minute 4 times in as many weeks so I'm back working 6 days a week until a replacement is found.
    Dang, that's rough. Just enough time to take care of basics (grocery shopping & laundry). If you don't mind me asking... What line of work?
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 11-28-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    AOMoA

Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Earth Punk

In home caregiver for quadriplegics. I get them dressed, fed, bathed, in and out of their chairs, help shop, sometimes cook etc.

C/S,
    Rev J

builds character.

Global Moderator

Another old friend from NC passed away this morning.

Dont even know what to say at this point. i've lost count of how many people i grew up hanging out with who have passed. over it

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Another old friend from NC passed away this morning.

Dont even know what to say at this point. i've lost count of how many people i grew up hanging out with who have passed. over it
    I'd like to say it gets better when you're older but that's just not true. I lost a lot of friends in the 20s who either just crashed and burned or were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Settled down a little through the 30s and 40s with folks who survived that emotional rollarcoaster of early adult hood seemed to be doing well. Now in my mid 50s it seems every week another person I knew fairly well or VERY well drops dead of a heart attack or cancer. We buried my brother in law out in Madison last month. You might have known folks who knew him. He played at the same rehearsal and recording studio I used back in my New York days. I moved out here to settle down with a NC gal and less than a year later found out he was dating my wife's sister and gone in to business out there in Madison with the same guy who owned the studio we both used in NY.. He played in a band with the other guy. They started Cherry Hill Studio out your way. It failed but we were in contact more than ever being relatives now through that really weird set of circumstances.

He wasn't sedentary, worked managing a Goodyear tire shop so he was on his feet a lot working hours and in pretty good shape, strong dude.. He was overweight but we don't expect people that active to just drop dead like this... until it seems pretty common with people my age now..

It was good to see Steve, the old studio manager at the funeral, but sucks for his family for sure..

Earth Punk

What's even weirder is when you know someone who kills other people. I've had friends tell me, "You know so and so?" I'd go, "Yeah!?" They'd respond "Well the flipped out and killed somebody."

C/S,
    Rev J

C/S,
    Rev J

Earth Punk

You know I was just thinking about those "(Old Man, Old Woman, Mom, Security Guard, etc) vs. Skater" videos and can't help but wonder about what happens afterward. Do these people get arrested for theft or assault, lose their jobs, get reprimanded? Do the skaters get busted for destruction of property, trespassing, the whole thing getting twisted around for assault? I just can't help but wonder about that.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

You know I was just thinking about those "(Old Man, Old Woman, Mom, Security Guard, etc) vs. Skater" videos and can't help but wonder about what happens afterward. Do these people get arrested for theft or assault, lose their jobs, get reprimanded? Do the skaters get busted for destruction of property, trespassing, the whole thing getting twisted around for assault? I just can't help but wonder about that.
    No matter what happens, videos like that serve no purpose but to paint us (skaters) as miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, scamps, and rapscallions; obnoxious and entitled in our ways, and disrespectful of ourselves and those around us. Yes, skateboarding is inherently risky and has no real place in proper society, so we've got to deal with that, but there are certainly ways that we can facilitate a more productive public image...starting by not recording confrontations, or if a confrontation must be taped for safety and security purposes, not posting it online to gawk at.

Earth Punk

The thing is in these videos the ones kicking out the skaters are usually the ones who look foolish, making threats, taking boards, jumping in front of skaters mid trick etc. for example:

What I've found personally is if someone is respectful when asking me to leave I will with no static. It is when they start power trips or saying/doing crazy shit I generally start acting disrespectful.

C/S,
    Rev J

Earth Punk

I just had a peaceful protest idea. Everyone who is on Twitter go on and wish Donald Trump "Happy Holidays" every day from now until New Years.

C/S,
    Rev J

Earth Punk

Since I posted that I actually signed up for Twitter just so I could do that.

C/S,
    Rev J