• Still no

9 8.65%
  • Really, not new here

3 2.88%
  • Yes, I am new here!

19 18.27%
  • Zombie from long ago

15 14.42%
Page 2942 of 2945 FirstFirst ... 1942244228422892293229402941294229432944 ... LastLast
Results 58,821 to 58,840 of 58885

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

oh shit haha big day coming up!

God

Congrats and good luck ben! Enjoy the honeymoon, sounds likes it gonna be awesome dude.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Global Moderator

Thanks dudes!! Definitely hyped to relax after all of this is over!!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I don't know if any compagnies actually do this but it's such a dick move. You can drink yourself halfway to death on weekends but if you don't smoke weed you're fine. If you'd rather chill at home on the weekend and smoke a joint or two at night and watch a movie you're busted. They really need to find a way to test if you're high at the time you're taking the test. As far as I'm concerced if you smoke at home you're fine and dandy. If you you go to work sober it shouldn't be a problem, same with alcohol.

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^Yep. People jonesing for a cigarette or caffeine are less fit for work than folks who burned one two days ago.

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK Car Brand Testimonial here. Subaru sent me a letter in March telling me our 2009 Forester, 80K miles, not under warranty, totally paid off just got added to that Takada air bag recall. It said... parts will be available for the repairs in March of 2018.. a whole freaking year and not to allow anyone to ride in the front passenger seat until it is fixed. I first toyed with removing the air bag fuse but decided to go by and talk to the folks at the dealer service center. They said if they order the part directly it might come sooner and they offered me a FREE fulll size AWD SUV rental to drive until the part arrives. I took them up on it. Three weeks later, I returned the rental and drove my car with air bag replaced back home.. no charge for any of it.

These car companies are probably taking quite a beating on this problem. They really don't know which cars sold before 2015 might still have the shotguns instead of air bags in the front seat. Whenever one injures someone in a vehicle that wasn't already recalled they add that car to the recall. I had checked my VIN two years ago when the recalls started and it wasn't on the list. Apparently, they found out an 09 Forester bag failed recently so they added it... This could go on for decades and affect millions and millions more cars that haven't even been selected.. Apparently, there is no way to tell by the pre 2015 air bag product model numbers which ones have the faulty inflators and which ones don't so they just add additional car brand/model to the recall when one of those hurts or kills someone else..

Earth Punk

I forgot to congratulate Ben on his nuptuals. Better late than never.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

congrats ben!

God

Ive been listening to The Donnas alot lately, girl rock bands are my secret guilty pleasure and i find myself weirdly attracted to the lead singer

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Global Moderator

Thanks dudes!! Everything went very well, minus rain! Luckily we had a massive tent for the reception so we just moved the ceremony in there and everything worked out!

Now got to get through this work week so we can head down to the Bahamas on Saturday!

Global Moderator

200 hours worked later, coachella is a wrap. What a crazy 3 weeks it's been. Next up Stagecoach, and then Hangout fest out in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    OK Car Brand Testimonial here. Subaru sent me a letter in March telling me our 2009 Forester, 80K miles, not under warranty, totally paid off just got added to that Takada air bag recall. It said... parts will be available for the repairs in March of 2018.. a whole freaking year and not to allow anyone to ride in the front passenger seat until it is fixed. I first toyed with removing the air bag fuse but decided to go by and talk to the folks at the dealer service center. They said if they order the part directly it might come sooner and they offered me a FREE fulll size AWD SUV rental to drive until the part arrives. I took them up on it. Three weeks later, I returned the rental and drove my car with air bag replaced back home.. no charge for any of it.

These car companies are probably taking quite a beating on this problem. They really don't know which cars sold before 2015 might still have the shotguns instead of air bags in the front seat. Whenever one injures someone in a vehicle that wasn't already recalled they add that car to the recall. I had checked my VIN two years ago when the recalls started and it wasn't on the list. Apparently, they found out an 09 Forester bag failed recently so they added it... This could go on for decades and affect millions and millions more cars that haven't even been selected.. Apparently, there is no way to tell by the pre 2015 air bag product model numbers which ones have the faulty inflators and which ones don't so they just add additional car brand/model to the recall when one of those hurts or kills someone else..
    Now you've got me wondering if my Subaru's airbags are fine HAHA

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    200 hours worked later, coachella is a wrap. What a crazy 3 weeks it's been. Next up Stagecoach, and then Hangout fest out in Alabama.

Now you've got me wondering if my Subaru's airbags are fine HAHA
    I think they are using license plate registrations to track down owners of affected vehicles since people are getting killed. If your make and model year has hurt someone you will have gotten a letter. If you get the letter, go to the nearest dealer and ask them to get you a rental or loaner. Can take a few days and a couple calls to get it setup but they will do it.

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Thanks dudes!! Everything went very well, minus rain! Luckily we had a massive tent for the reception so we just moved the ceremony in there and everything worked out!

Now got to get through this work week so we can head down to the Bahamas on Saturday!
    Thanks now you got that moronic song by Alanis Moresette stuck in my head. Rain on the wedding day is supposed to be good luck though.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Just got this antique display case yesterday for some of my cameras!! Super stoked on it, it's in really good condition!

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^Nice, I decided to send my drums to the darkside for a bit.. also in my living room!

Earth Punk

Since I live in a studio apartment my bass sits on a stand and stares annoyed at me when I'm not playing.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Shot 5 rolls of film when I went to NYC the weekend before last! I've only had a chance to develop one roll though. I leave tomorrow morning for Baltimore to catch my cruise down to the Bahamas, so I'm about to shoot a bunch more to develop when I get back!!... I think this photo turned out pretty cool though!

Earth Punk

Alcohol and beard trimmers don't mix.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Have fun in the bahamas ben! that's gonna be rad

Speaking of the bahamas, I suggest every person reading this to look up Fyre Festival and read every detail about what's happened, literally fucking hysterical