• Still no

9 8.33%
  • Really, not new here

3 2.78%
  • Yes, I am new here!

22 20.37%
  • Zombie from long ago

16 14.81%
Page 2959 of 2967 FirstFirst ... 1959245928592909294929572958295929602961 ... LastLast
Results 59,161 to 59,180 of 59330

Thread: Post your random thought.

Irma is doing this to Florida right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0J...has_verified=1

God

Anyone else catch the Bam epicly latered? Pretty sad but a good watch for sure, stoked for the guy to be getting back to skateboarding.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Anyone else catch the Bam epicly latered? Pretty sad but a good watch for sure, stoked for the guy to be getting back to skateboarding.

ya, i'm stoked for epicly latered to be back.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by goatdick View Post
    Irma is doing this to Florida right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0J...has_verified=1

Dude seems to have had no idea Irma was a southpaw LOL!

Global Moderator

Hey guys, sorry for the absence for a little bit! Just been getting settled into my new home of Scottsdale, Arizona. New apartment is rad, it's still hot down here but i'm stoked for the future here!
    So stoked to see him back!! Watched the epicly later'd earlier today

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the absence for a little bit! Just been getting settled into my new home of Scottsdale, Arizona. New apartment is rad, it's still hot down here but i'm stoked for the future here!

Hell yeah man! Hope everything goes well for you out there.

What brought you out there?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post

Ya, it's soooo much hotter there your rep turned platinum sun here!

Skate Pirate

Totally just spent $15 on a real (made of wood), nice (has bearings in the wheels) fingerboard, and I can honestly say it's completely worth the extra money over a Tech Deck. Everything feels so much better. The pop is livelier, the foam tape makes catching fliptricks easier, and there isn't that gross grindy feeling when the wheels lock up. It's got me curious though...would simply adding nice trucks, wheels, and foam griptape make a Tech Deck better? My inner 10-year-old still geeks out over the licensing and graphics on Tech Decks, but my outer 30-year-old power-slacker has begun appreciating the nicer things in life.

Can't wait to bring my new fingerboard to work tomorrow and get some sick combos off the barstools into the sink, or maybe off of the work bench, getting a Natas spin off of a discarded electric motor...

I'm also known to have thereifixedit.com up while I'm browsing webstaurant or partstown for maintenance pieces. I call it "power loafing."

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Hell yeah man! Hope everything goes well for you out there.

What brought you out there?
    Bigger city, cheap cost of living, better music scene, closer to the festival merch company i work for, tons of friends out here, it's not the south, etc

Skate Pirate

Couldn't sleep, so I watched this on Youtube.

I guess I didn't realize it at the time, or maybe the video put it into better context, but the era of skateboarding I grew up with evidently wasn't about skateboarding at all. Tony Hawk plastered his name all over videogames...Bam and crew were all up in MTV, to be followed by Dyrdek and Sheckler...Even my passion, longboarding, went corporate with the Gravity Games; look at all the toy and energy drink logos splashed on the leathers that Biker Sherlock and Gary Hardwick (both RIP) wore. Straight up, when I think of skateboarding in my formative years, I think of Tony Hawk, Bam Margera, and Biker Sherlock...by association, that's Activision, MTV, and Sobe.

I've got more thoughts on this, but can't quite figure out how to put it on paper...I'll get to it later.

Earth Punk

Since Bams skating career was during my break from skating I only knew him as that douchebag from TV. Granted I also only knew Jason Lee from his acting career too.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Veteran Member

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Skater View Post

Gravity Slave Moderator

R*ckstar's shilling his old leftovers on Silverfish. I try to match mine up with more gear I don't need. Latest shuffle of decks, trucks, and wheels left me with some orphaned Gullwing HPV Pro IV 9" and a set of early 80s OJIIs. Went looking at decks and came across a Tony Hawk event prize that was hand signed by Hawk.. "to Chuck".. It's an early to mid 90s Powell and Peralta shape but looks drilled new school, definitely a reissue with the event graphics on the bottom and blank on top.. Will probably fill the new school holes and drill old school before grip tape and truck hardware goes on.. Not going to ride a signed deck, just a wall hanger

I'll be down to a set of late 70s Kryptonics 70mm once that Hawk gets set up. Everything else is all used on something complete.

God

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Since Bams skating career was during my break from skating I only knew him as that douchebag from TV. Granted I also only knew Jason Lee from his acting career too.
    How long was your break? Jason lee skating was early 90's and bams mtv height of fame was 2003-2005 haha. Bams skating from his younger days was awesome though, i got no beef with him, i like him as a skater and as a entertainer.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    R*ckstar's shilling his old leftovers on Silverfish. I try to match mine up with more gear I don't need. Latest shuffle of decks, trucks, and wheels left me with some orphaned Gullwing HPV Pro IV 9" and a set of early 80s OJIIs. Went looking at decks and came across a Tony Hawk event prize that was hand signed by Hawk.. "to Chuck".. It's an early to mid 90s Powell and Peralta shape but looks drilled new school, definitely a reissue with the event graphics on the bottom and blank on top.. Will probably fill the new school holes and drill old school before grip tape and truck hardware goes on.. Not going to ride a signed deck, just a wall hanger

I'll be down to a set of late 70s Kryptonics 70mm once that Hawk gets set up. Everything else is all used on something complete.
    Ya know, Stage 8 Indys are drilled for both. If you don't like 126's, CORE baseplates will pretty perfectly match the wider offerings from Indy

Having said that though, I haven't even posted my spare decks! I've got a 90's Birdhouse Tony Hawk, an early 2000's Bill Danforth Stink, a Creepshow Drunken Superhero, and a pretty rare Zero Rebel Punk (still in shrink).

Gravity Slave Moderator

If I want to leave it new school there are tons of affordable options including different gullwing base plates which would work. Just looking for the cheapest, easiest thing which is just covering the new school extras and drilling two farther out for old school plates. The deck was only $30 so I'm not sweating adding 4 holes that won't be noticeable to anyone when the trucks are on it.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Couldn't sleep, so I watched this on Youtube.

I guess I didn't realize it at the time, or maybe the video put it into better context, but the era of skateboarding I grew up with evidently wasn't about skateboarding at all. Tony Hawk plastered his name all over videogames...Bam and crew were all up in MTV, to be followed by Dyrdek and Sheckler...Even my passion, longboarding, went corporate with the Gravity Games; look at all the toy and energy drink logos splashed on the leathers that Biker Sherlock and Gary Hardwick (both RIP) wore. Straight up, when I think of skateboarding in my formative years, I think of Tony Hawk, Bam Margera, and Biker Sherlock...by association, that's Activision, MTV, and Sobe.

I've got more thoughts on this, but can't quite figure out how to put it on paper...I'll get to it later.
    (continued)

Watching that Epicly Later'd was strange for me. I guess I didn't realize how much the man himself influenced my life, style, and to a certain degree, skateboarding. Viva La Bam was on when I was in high school, and while I didn't really watch it, it was certainly part of my formative years. In college, I discovered HIM, and didn't go full goth, but did subdue my color pallet and began dressing a lot more like Bam and crew...something that carries on to this day.

The one that stung the most was when Bam said he hadn't been on a board in a decade. I had a gnarly wipeout in 2014 that caused me to reconsider skateboarding as a hobby. I spent the following 2 years just *having* my skate stuff, not using it. It wasn't until this year, after a crapload of stress and life changes, that I sought therapy and, per the doctor's request, got back on a board. Having seen Bam struggling to get back to his old ways was, in a way, inspiring to me. I've come through life older and wiser, and can safely approach skateboarding with a more mature mindset.

Earth Punk

How long was your break? Jason lee skating was early 90's and bams mtv height of fame was 2003-2005 haha. Bams skating from his younger days was awesome though, i got no beef with him, i like him as a skater and as a entertainer.
    Close to 20 years. My last board before the break was a BBC Jeff Phillips. I'm thinking that was around 91. I tried skating for transportation for a minute in college after Phillips killed himself.

I have nothing personal against Bam he just always came across as kind of douchy to me. I don't even hold Scientology against Jason Lee.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Veteran Member

the jackass crew isn't complete without bam, love him or hate him you can't deny that, glad he's figuring shit out