26 22.61%
  • Zombie from long ago

17 14.78%
Page 3009 of 3009 FirstFirst ... 20092509290929592999300730083009
Results 60,161 to 60,171 of 60171

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    So, in college, my signature longboard trick was The Shanker... basically a body varial where you kick the nose down, lifting the tail of the board, and pivot your front foot around the back foot.

Is that even a trick in freestyle? Does it have a proper name?
    First half of a walk-the-dog?

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    First half of a walk-the-dog?
    Kind of, but your body rotated, not the board

Earth Punk

That almost sounds like a toe spin.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    That almost sounds like a toe spin.
    Rose colored glasses made this video a LOT more cool than it actually is:

Global Moderator

Michael came through last night... It was a little worse than expected! Lost power around 10PM and the winds were super strong from 10-1 or so. Kept hearing trees/limbs snapping all around my house. My office still has power so I'm here and hoping the power is restored back home before I get off!

My whole family lives in Florida, mostly around Pensacola. Everyone did alright except my cousin and his family who live in Panama City Beach. They ended up going to a shelter last minute but the roof ripped off their house and lots of other damage and they were one of the lucky ones in that area!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Michael came through last night... It was a little worse than expected! Lost power around 10PM and the winds were super strong from 10-1 or so. Kept hearing trees/limbs snapping all around my house. My office still has power so I'm here and hoping the power is restored back home before I get off!

My whole family lives in Florida, mostly around Pensacola. Everyone did alright except my cousin and his family who live in Panama City Beach. They ended up going to a shelter last minute but the roof ripped off their house and lots of other damage and they were one of the lucky ones in that area!
    We lost power around 5 when I was starting to cook dinner. Pulled the generator out of the shed that we bought 3 years ago and hadn't used yet. had it out and ready to go for Flo but we never lost power during Flo. Power was out until about 10 this morning. Generator ran our fridges and freezer and a few other things just fine. I did have to go up on the ladder and clear leaves out of the gutter downspouts but we did fine all in all.

Global Moderator

Hey fellas - sorry i've been absent, been on tour and haven't been on my laptop (and vbulletin mobile is trash). I'm back home now though!

Earth Punk

Good deal.

I saw this earlier and it cracked me up:

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

We lost power around 5 when I was starting to cook dinner. Pulled the generator out of the shed that we bought 3 years ago and hadn't used yet. had it out and ready to go for Flo but we never lost power during Flo. Power was out until about 10 this morning. Generator ran our fridges and freezer and a few other things just fine. I did have to go up on the ladder and clear leaves out of the gutter downspouts but we did fine all in all.
    Glad to hear you guys did alright!

We lost power Thursday night and it came back on Saturday night.

Two people in my neighborhood had trees go through their roof. Luckily no injuries/deaths but quiet a few people died in VA from this storm, I think most of them were down in South Central VA (Danville area) but we had a few tornadoes and lots of wind damage up our way.

We don't have a generator and we had just gotten a TON of frozen food... So Friday afternoon we packed it all up in coolers and drove to my parents house and dumped it all in their freezer, luckily saved almost everything... Most of the stuff in the refrigerator didn't make it but if that's the worst we got then I'm okay with that!

Also, if you guys have any extra money laying around (haha) consider donating that or some supplies to the recovery efforts. Just make sure it's a legit, well managed organization (or individual). This storm was REALLY bad.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post

We don't have a generator and we had just gotten a TON of frozen food... So Friday afternoon we packed it all up in coolers and drove to my parents house and dumped it all in their freezer, luckily saved almost everything... Most of the stuff in the refrigerator didn't make it but if that's the worst we got then I'm okay with that!
    Even before we had the generator we did well when we know a storm is coming. Take a bunch of gallon and half gallon jugs of water, put them in the freezer two days before the storm is forecast to hit. Use the frozen ice jugs to keep your fridge cool and your freezer cold longer. If you keep the doors closed as much as possible you can make it almost a week with the ice jugs doing the work keeping things from spoiling.

Skate Pirate

Even before we had the generator we did well when we know a storm is coming. Take a bunch of gallon and half gallon jugs of water, put them in the freezer two days before the storm is forecast to hit. Use the frozen ice jugs to keep your fridge cool and your freezer cold longer. If you keep the doors closed as much as possible you can make it almost a week with the ice jugs doing the work keeping things from spoiling.
    Now that's clever!