Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

God

Happy 2022 lovers

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

The enthusiasm for the family tat outing seems to have waned. It's like everyone's "OK I'll go and get one too of YOU really want to go get one".. and then crickets LOL..

Dr. Love

Happy New Year's!
    Every me and every Hsu.

Skate Pirate

Just got done watching Gravity's Slidefest DVD's.

Caveman

I'll be darned... gravityboard.com is still up and running....
    Wasn't Malakai Kingston in some way tied to Gravity?
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-06-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I've been pretty good about the hoarding the past year but slipped and ordered a Madrid Rampage like Max had in Stranger Things last season.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    I'll be darned... gravityboard.com is still up and running....
    Wasn't Malakai Kingston in some way tied to Gravity?
    Gravity's making a comeback. They've resurrected the BE40 shape for one of their newer riders.

Ol' Malakai wasn't really "tied" to Gravity, other than he and Michael Bream (former owner of Gravity) were homies from back in the day.

Happy new year all!

Caveman

So far 2022 feels a lot like 2021 except this year 2 of my kids got the Rona. Luckily they're both vaccinated so the symptoms were relatively minor.

2022 bah! I want a refund!

Whining aside, I know that I'm fortunate that Rona got us in the 4th spike and not the 1st (pre-vaccine) spike.

I hope that all of you riders are doing fine.

Gravity Slave Moderator

So far 2022 feels a lot like 2021 except this year 2 of my kids got the Rona. Luckily they're both vaccinated so the symptoms were relatively minor.

Whining aside, I know that I'm fortunate that Rona got us in the 4th spike and not the 1st (pre-vaccine) spike.

Haha.. Yep. High school senior's fuming because her theater project has been shut down pending isolation for positive cast and PCR tests for everyone. I tell her the place up the street is testing today. "No it isn't. Google says it's closed". We've been there three times already this pandemic. I was just at the grocery store there in the same parking lot. Definitely open. Hop on the bike and roll back there to ask their hours.. NO LINE! I text her to get ready, time to go. Weird that she's 18 and wants her privacy and to do everything herself until she doesn't LOL! Anyway, didn't take long. She also got a bunch of KN95 masks. I'd been nagging her to use the ones we already had instead of surgical masks all along. Also test they took last Tuesday at school never came back... working to resolve issues.. On well. We're all fully boosted and wear masks outside the house.. Except wife works in a COVID soup 6 floor office building and won't wear a KN95 either..

Omicron don't play.. get boosted and wear a good mask fellas.. Still probably gonna get it...

Gravity Slave Moderator

Haha.. Yep. High school senior's fuming because her theater project has been shut down pending isolation for positive cast and PCR tests for everyone. I tell her the place up the street is testing today. "No it isn't. Google says it's closed". We've been there three times already this pandemic. I was just at the grocery store there in the same parking lot. Definitely open. Hop on the bike and roll back there to ask their hours.. NO LINE! I text her to get ready, time to go. Weird that she's 18 and wants her privacy and to do everything herself until she doesn't LOL! Anyway, didn't take long. She also got a bunch of KN95 masks. I'd been nagging her to use the ones we already had instead of surgical masks all along. Also test they took last Tuesday at school never came back... working to resolve issues.. On well. We're all fully boosted and wear masks outside the house.. Except wife works in a COVID soup 6 floor office building and won't wear a KN95 either.. Just cloth or surgical.. complains that she can't breathe and feels suffocated in a good mask. Shit, wear a good mask so you DON'T really suffocate in a ventilator.

Omicron don't play.. get boosted and wear a good mask fellas.. Still probably gonna get it...

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Haha.. Yep. ...snip....
    Yeah, this genie is out of the bottle and isn't going away... I figure that getting Covid is just a matter of time... I just hope it's a milder form.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Yeah, this genie is out of the bottle and isn't going away... I figure that getting Covid is just a matter of time... I just hope it's a milder form.
    As long as it really is not worse than the flu for fully vaxxed and boosted folks we'll eventually just ride it out. Until everyone has that protection though we're stuck in mandates mode to keep the healthcare systems from crashing..

Skate Pirate

As long as it really is not worse than the flu for fully vaxxed and boosted folks we'll eventually just ride it out. Until everyone has that protection though we're stuck in mandates mode to keep the healthcare systems from crashing..
    When I posted upthread about my flu/sinus infection/CoVid in 2020, the reason I changed my mind was because I read and learned about what an influenza infection actually felt like - I had a similar infection in 1999 or 2000 that, like my 2020 infection, culminated in a sinus infection (though, 99's settled in my ears too and gave me a gnarly ear infection). So, when they say "CoVid is like a bad flu," I'd put forth the idea that very few people actually know what a flu feels like, and that they think it's merely "the worst cold in their lives," while remaining unaware of the full-body effects of an influenza.

Global Moderator

Almost everyone I know has had covid at this point. My roommate got it and had a runny nose lol. Somehow, I've still dodged it this whole time, even with working in a grocery store that had no rules at any point even while mandated, and touring in rooms with up to 2,500 unmasked people for two months AND while someone in our tour bus got covid AND while ten other people elsewhere on the tour did AND all the airports AND traveling cross country twice in December on my own accord AND......you get the point. I think my nine lives will be up soon but I have no joke at minimum fifty friends who all have gotten it in the last 3 weeks and the worst one said "Idk kinda have a fever I guess" lol, so I'm not particularly worried. I did the math and even in this omicron spike currently the ICU rate is 0.4% and I'm vaxxed/boosted so I can't say I really care and/or am worried at this point. I've had like, 3 people total describe it as even being kinda like a flu. I have one friend total who had real complications, and 1 who never got his taste back which is definitely a bummer.

Not that the vaccine matters for spread. 10 people in one bus got it on our tour, two didn't. The two who didn't: 1 guy who got covid, got the vaccine, then got covid a second time post-vaccine but pre-tour, and 1 unvaccinated guy. 10 vaccinated people got it and in the same bus, the one unvaccinated guy tested negative the entire time. Every single person I know who has gotten covid in the last three months has been vaccinated and some even boosted. We don't actually know how any of this shit works, I stopped pretending I do a while ago, I'm just trying to live life again and if I catch something that I have greater than a 99% chance of being fine, I have to be honest and say it's not even on my radar anymore personally. Only reason it is is because our Europe tour just got cancelled again. I still carry a mask around with me because I'm not an asshole, but I kinda just don't care anymore for myself. If I get it, I'm gonna have a runny nose. Might have a fever for a day or two. I'd rather not, but whatever if I do.

and if anyone is pro-lockdown or pro-cancelling even more events again, I'll invoice ya for all my bills that won't get paid while you sit at your comfy work from home jobs completely unaffected financially by what you advocate for. Don't @ me.
    Last edited by Shorty's_Kid; 01-13-2022 at 11:39 PM.

Global Moderator

But on a not covid note, I took a trip back to North Carolina for the holidays and it was really tough. I feel as far apart from my family as I ever have, felt like a stranger in the house I grew up in, couldn't really wait to leave. My dad is still on the same bullshit he always used to be, stealing shit from everyone and bumming me for money and all that shit. I ended my trip early, and it felt like I was escaping again just like it did when I moved away. The only good part about the trip really was an old friend out here in Arizona actually had to move to Winston Salem a few months ago, so him, his husband and I went camping out at the outer banks for a few days bc I needed a vacation from my trip I was already on LOL. They had a tent and I just slept in my car, like I did on my drive out there and my drive home. Didn't fly, flights were too gnarly, driving was cheaper. I really don't want to ever go back there to vicet again, I probably will just for my mom's sake and because it's grim to think about but time with mom is running out. But that was the most depressed I've been since summer 2020-winter 21.

Gravity Slave Moderator

If/when everyone's fully vaxxed there is no need to shut shit down.. It's not about me, or even really about COVID patients. It's about the ICUs and ERs being so full of fucking unvaxxed idiots that they can't treat the shit they're really there to treat like car wrecks and heart attacks. Send the bills to those unvaxxed and anti mask idiots if anybody..

Get vaxxed, wear the masks until everyone's vaxxed everywhere, and this nightmare's over..

Caveman

If/when everyone's fully vaxxed there is no need to shut shit down.. It's not about me, or even really about COVID patients. It's about the ICUs and ERs being so full of fucking unvaxxed idiots that they can't treat the shit they're really there to treat like car wrecks and heart attacks. Send the bills to those unvaxxed and anti mask idiots if anybody..

Get vaxxed, wear the masks until everyone's vaxxed everywhere, and this nightmare's over..
    Easier said than done. Don't know if you saw the news regarding IQ45 and Bill O'Reilly advocating vaccinations.... they are getting a lot of kickback from their base. Looks like the chickens came home to roost.

God

Damn trev, im sorry your trip home wasnt a positive one, sounds pretty toxic bro, im proud of you getting out and making your own moves, ive known you (through these boards/socials) for a long ass time now and you really deserve the best, you are an extremely talented human and i really hope you get everything you deserve/want in this life. Keep your head up homie...

On a covid note, im kinda the same, seems like everyone i know is getting it yet i havent, i havent really changed my life to much and i still go into work every day but yeah been lucky i guess.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up