• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 2533 of 3036 FirstFirst ... 15332033243324832523253125322533253425352543258326333033 ... LastLast
Results 50,641 to 50,660 of 60707

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I was thinking $70 is crazy for a basic deck. The kid will need decent trucks though if he's on the heavy side. Still could probably get a suitable starter complete for eighty bucks, less if you can score something gently used.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I saw it click and the wheels starting to turn so to speak so I stepped up my game and said, "Think about it like this and it's an adult concept 'Return on investment'. ...
    Nice. Now let him know that the "opportunity cost" of skating is he doesn't get to play a game. However, the "marginal benefit out ways the marginal cost" because he will be getting exercise.

I just finished a semester of Microeconomics (as in, literally finished the final an hour ago). I'm pretty stoked I got to actually use it for something :-)

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^And the "utility" of meeting more women out in the world than he would being home on the couch jerking off.. and the utility of being better looking to those women thanks to the exercise/cost. One aspect of exercise is a cost and one is a benefit.. pain AND gain so to speak.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Quote Originally Posted by cdragon1 View Post
    Can astronauts put on deodorant in space?
    If it's something that sticks like Speed Stick I don't see why not but I'd prefer not to because astronauts don't get to shower in space so using the deodorant will cause an uncomfortable build up. For spray ones definitely no, with no gravity any fluids are extremely dangerous as they will float and are a risk if you breathe it.

Escapist

Earlier today I was walking down the sidewalk when I passed this older couple that was pushing a little baby girl in a stroller. The baby got all excited when she saw me and pointed at me and yelled "Is THAT my daddy?!". At the same time me and the mom wen't "Noooooooooooo".

The weird part is that the couple was white. I think mommy has some explaining to do..

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    35 for trucks? Not at any shop that I know of and who ever pays for ''mounting hardware'' and griptape?
    My Tensors were about $35 if I remember correctly. I haven't really been checking out anything else as I don't really have a reason to yet. Tensor interlocking bushings are a bitch to get though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I was thinking $70 is crazy for a basic deck. The kid will need decent trucks though if he's on the heavy side. Still could probably get a suitable starter complete for eighty bucks, less if you can score something gently used.
    Yeah, I realize that looking back at the initial conversation. One of my coworkers who was also in on the conversation said you can get used decks at DLX for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodily View Post
    Nice. Now let him know that the "opportunity cost" of skating is he doesn't get to play a game. However, the "marginal benefit out ways the marginal cost" because he will be getting exercise.

I just finished a semester of Microeconomics (as in, literally finished the final an hour ago). I'm pretty stoked I got to actually use it for something :-)
    Beautiful.

^^^And the "utility" of meeting more women out in the world than he would being home on the couch jerking off.. and the utility of being better looking to those women thanks to the exercise/cost. One aspect of exercise is a cost and one is a benefit.. pain AND gain so to speak.
    God we should start a business doing this.

I went crazy with my first new board and got something top of the line. I kind of went fanboy and got an Almost Mullen Uberlight, Tensor, Mullen Trucks, and Powell Mullen Wheels. Put in Spitfire Bearings, Plan B Prospec Griptape, and Thunder Hardware. All from about 4 different online shops so I probably could've saved on the griptape and mounting hardware if I got everything from the same place.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Pat Burke was up at the park yesterday, never skated with him before. He's so gnarly

Escapist

I wonder how long I could pretend to speak like a pirate before everyone I knew just learned to deal with it.

Global Moderator

This video is super old but I had never seen the full video, I'd seen parts of it but this is fucked. Hope this guy got locked up for life.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Oh man, just came back from Canada's Wonderland (amusement park) and me and my friend had the luckiest day ever. Lines were short, we went for lunch at Subway and the automated change machine gave me 2 dollars extra and when the roller coaster came to a stop a loonie hit my friend in the stomach. lol

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    Oh man, just came back from Canada's Wonderland (amusement park) and me and my friend had the luckiest day ever. Lines were short, we went for lunch at Subway and the automated change machine gave me 2 dollars extra and when the roller coaster came to a stop a loonie hit my friend in the stomach. lol
    Some weren't so lucky this week in Texas. I've been on this ride..

Witness: Woman killed while riding Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags ‘didn’t feel safe’

ARLINGTON, Texas — Investigators will try to determine if a woman who died while riding a roller coaster at a Six Flags amusement park in North Texas fell from the ride after some witnesses said she wasn’t properly secured.

The accident happened just after 6:30 p.m. Friday at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington. Park spokeswoman Sharon Parker confirmed that a woman died while riding the Texas Giant roller coaster — dubbed the tallest steel-hybrid coaster in the world — but did not specify how she was killed. Witnesses told area media outlets the woman fell.

Escapist

This is for Turtle, hope it helps you learn the piece.

Your Mother

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    This is for Turtle, hope it helps you learn the piece.

Thanks dude, I'll get something recorded today or tomorrow hopefully.
    Edit: Question. In the actual recording the violins come in at around 0:40. Am I coming in at around that point or at the same time as you. I feel like it's the same time as you.
    Last edited by _Turtle; 07-25-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Escapist

I think it would sound cool if you came in around 0:26 when I hit that D octave in my right hand. So about the same as the recorded version you heard, but you start a few measures earlier.

Your Mother

Okay, thanks, that helps a lot

Global Moderator

My good homie just finished up a new back section at the indoor park I used to work at. The original idea was we were going to try and change it up once a year, similar to SPoT but I got a new job and he got held up. Well he single handedly rebuilt it and it looks great. I've only skated the gap so far (and the miniramp in the far back) but he just finished it last night. Won't be able to get up there until Sunday probably but it looks fun.

here are some shots of what it used to look like and one more of the new stuff

for some reason this is the only photo I could find of what it used to look like.
    this photo was taken from ontop of the vert wall you see in the bottom picture, it's the only thing that didn't change.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Some weren't so lucky this week in Texas. I've been on this ride..
    Remember, the only way to make the annual roller coaster accident rate 0% is if we simply don't ride roller coasters anymore. There will always be the small possibility of it happening. I also avoid the old bumpy wooden coasters because their chances of failing are much higher. One of the coasters in Canada's Wonderland has noticeable cracks on the wood which is holding the whole thing together.
    I really don't like to think of death even though this is the reality. I have yet to have anyone I know die and I'm grateful for that.

So here is the coaster we rode 4 times, the biggest one there. So much fun.

Gravity Slave Moderator

So, Mrs NoSwitch's friend is paying her for occasional daycare of her 1.5 year old son. We also have our 9 and 10 year old kids helping and earning some of the money the friend is paying. Today is one of those days. I'm working (telecommute) in a back bedroom trying to block out the noise best possible. I walk out to take a little break and rest my eyes from screen stare. Mrs. NoSwitch is sitting in a chair doing an online seminar .. something she's doing to re-validate an advanced professional cert while she is between jobs. Not sure where her helper kids are. I see the little tot wobbling around the living room where he walks right up to a pencil cup and pulls out a 10" pair of heavy duty scissors. Nobody but me is noticing this so I snatch them away and say "not on the approved toy list today". Oh well, guess I have to do everything today hahahaha..

Thats Me!

went for a skate yesterday and got the worst shin ding it deadset dropped me for 3 miniutes then i had to get up and finish filming my line which i got..

but now its so sore and swollen no skating today i guess...

Scrubs Nerd

Had a good session today, it's great to have all the boys down at the park skating and having the park to ourselves. Feels like the good old days.