• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 2536 of 3087 FirstFirst ... 15362036243624862526253425352536253725382546258626363036 ... LastLast
Results 50,701 to 50,720 of 61724

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

One of my best friends recently moved to LA and he got to go to the launch party for Stevie Williams new company Asphalt Yacht Club. He was texting me during it, saying how much money they threw into this party then he texts me a picture of Paris Hilton, then told me John Stamos came... I guess skateboarding is fashionable now?

here's a link to the photos. My friend (Reese) has a couple photos in there haha
    http://skateboarding.transworld.net/...src=SOC&dom=fb

Chillin'

What the fuck is this asphalt yacht club? Prada for skateboarding? Keep the shit real and stop that shitty ass companys who are nothing about skating. (Well atleast it's run by a skater, but still...)
    And what the holy fuck is Paris Hilton doing at a launch party for a skateboard clothing company?
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 07-29-2013 at 12:50 PM.

KYS

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    What the fuck is this asphalt yacht club? Prada for skateboarding? Keep the shit real and stop that shitty ass companys who are nothing about skating. (Well atleast it's run by a skater, but still...)
    And what the holy fuck is Paris Hilton doing at a launch party for a skateboard clothing company?
    Yeah, it looks pretty fucking awful... Their team is stacked though, I guess that's what money buys you...

They have:
    Stevie Williams
    Stefan Janoski
    Nyjah Huston
    Figgy
    Riley Hawk
    Ben Nordberg
    Derrick Wilson
    Blake Carpenter

Escapist

haha Stevie just knows how profitable celebrity endorsements are. Did you guys hear about that clothing line Kanye West started recently. A plain white t-shirt priced at $120 was able to sell out worldwide in a matter of days. Lets think about that for a moment. People (granted, they are idiots) bought a cotton t-shirt with nothing on it for $120 just because it was associated with kanye west.

Yeah, I'd probably give Paris a ring myself lol. Gotta pay that mortgage somehow right. Stamos on the other hand needs to take his ass somewhere. He's starting to look like that creepy uncle that spends a little too much time with the kids.

Global Moderator

That reminds me of Dylan Rieder's new company or the company he's riding for or something... $85 shirt with some birds on it...

http://www.3shadesofblk.com/collections/all

Escapist

Not just birds Marley, tasteful CROWS. Get it right! And wtf? Do they literally only sell that one shirt and a matching bag. How do you launch a clothing company that sells one shirt???

I did find another company a while ago called "Imagination Foundation" their shirts are sold for around $30 or so but at least their designs are interesting. Actually thought about getting this one.

Global Moderator

$30 seems like the new normal for shirts... I can pretty much guarantee this Asphalt Yacht Club bullshit will be over $30 for a shirt. I personally wear blank shirts, pack of 4 for $12...

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK time to trademark the spoof shirts that will be out within a week of this BS..

"Asshat Yacht Club"

Chillin'

I normaly only get skate shirts in discounts AND only the ones wholook good or atleast look like someone put some effort in the design. 30 bucks is a hell lot of money. But for real? 120$ for a plain white shirt? Can't believe people are that dumb. I'm already sick of this Diamond shit. 50€ for a shirt and 60€ for a cap with just the logo on it? And AYC sure are atleast as expensive as Diamond.

But whatever, atleast I can still decide on my own what companys I want to support.

KYS

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    OK time to trademark the spoof shirts that will be out within a week of this BS..

"Asshat Yacht Club"
    I have too much free time at work...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Doodily View Post
    You should check out Five Knives. If you sign up for their mailing list, you can get a free download of their new EP. Never heard of them until I checked out the line up for warped tour this year. I love their EP.

http://fiveknivesmusic.com/warped/
    eh it doesn't have the industrial or orchestral elements that I had in mind, it's just like electronic/punk

But when it comes to similar music, Nine Inch Nails all the way

Their names are awfully similar though

Retired Staff

"Asshat Yacht Club"
    How about Asshat Not Club. Or Asphalt Not Club.

Unrelated I want to start an organization called NAAA! The National Association for the Advancement of Albinos. Support the real White Minority. All races welcome.

C/S,
    Rev J

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'm really getting into industrial/electronic/orchestral-ish/noideawhatgenre soundtrack music

There's a good chance I'll make my own song or two

(things pick up at 1:32)

What's funny is that I can point out the use of Evolve Mutations and Damage libraries :U
    I wouldn't be surprised if the composers used ni Massive too...
    These kinda sound like cheesy half time drum and bass/dubstep tunes made by people who know nothing of the real thing haha.

Heres some of the real ting
    https://soundcloud.com/shogunaudio/rockwell-the-rain

https://soundcloud.com/organikismnes...organikismness

https://soundcloud.com/j-sparrow/jac...kspin-a-winter

https://soundcloud.com/sleepermusic/zombies

This kind of music is my life these days haha

Getting flown out to a few places in Europe to DJ this kind of music at the end of August, can't wait
    wubwub

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    How about Asshat Not Club. Or Asphalt Not Club.

Unrelated I want to start an organization called NAAA! The National Association for the Advancement of Albinos. Support the real White Minority. All races welcome.

C/S,
    Rev J
    What? What's up with this guy?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    The National Association for the Advancement of Albinos. Support the real White Minority. All races welcome.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    What? What's up with this guy?
    Which part? This is the "Post your random thought thread". I thought those to be pretty random thoughts.

C/S,
    Rev J

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by andius View Post
    These kinda sound like cheesy half time drum and bass/dubstep tunes made by people who know nothing of the real thing haha.
    Different tastes I guess, heh
    I really dig the links you tossed in, I'm really getting into the chill dnb/dubstep stuff
    Would you consider stuff like this to be liquid or something? I really want elements like this under my composition belt but I have like nowhere to look
    The only synths I have that 'could' make something like this is massive, fm8 and absynth, I haven't really went farther into that

Escapist

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I see everyone getting flat spots on their wheels yet I do a ton of powerslides and skated my wheels for almost 2 years and at this point I skated probably at least 100km and they are still functioning perfectly.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    I see everyone getting flat spots on their wheels yet I do a ton of powerslides and skated my wheels for almost 2 years and at this point I skated probably at least 100km and they are still functioning perfectly.
    Yeah, I do powerslides a lot and I've never got flat spots from that... I don't get it.

EDIT: So I just read on SLAP that Asphalt Yacht Club's business license is under the same name as Trukfit's business license.
    Last edited by ben_larsen; 07-30-2013 at 08:59 AM.