• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 2563 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 15632063246325132553256125622563256425652573261326633063 ... LastLast
Results 51,241 to 51,260 of 61675

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cdragon1 View Post
    I landed a kickflip off a drop funky and ended up doing this
    Yeah my left ankle has permanently stretched ligaments from doing that repeatedly not on a board. I have to skate with a brace.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    So, I watched Bully the other night. Great movie, but really sad. As weird as it might sound, I related to a lot of it, having been bullied during my entire school career. The teachers and authority figures are and probably still are as powerless as they were in the films. I know telling people when I was getting bullied made things worse a lot of the time. It's kind of funny, now how I'm confident and get along with everyone. I guess getting bullied taught me humility, before most people or something. Haha
    Same boat but if gave me a self depreciating sense of humor, sharp tongue and fast fists when the time comes.

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
    Loved that documentary. I was really sad and related as well. during 7th grade and before that I was pretty much an outcast until I moved to utah. Same @ bold.
    I think it's also because after middle school and high school people stop being as shallow, and start getting to know people for who they are. That or you just lose contact with all the assholes, anyway. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    I was always told as a kid that if someone ever hit me, just hit them back twice as hard. Worked out pretty well, excluding that one kids face in 2nd grade that is.
    I was a really tiny kid growing up, up until about 8th grade when I finally had a growth spurt and was normal sized. A lot of the bad bullying was in high school, and I still tried sticking up for myself at least.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Yeah my left ankle has permanently stretched ligaments from doing that repeatedly not on a board. I have to skate with a brace.
    I'm thinking that's what I'm feeling. I think the ligaments kinda got pulled for lack of a better term. I can't really move my foot except for regular walking motions without it hurting.
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

So, this girl I used to work with. She has a kid and is out of her mind and is crazy religious, but is constantly in and out of relationships with both men and women. I want to do such gross things to her. She's just retardedly hot.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Retired Staff

I think it's also because after middle school and high school people stop being as shallow, and start getting to know people for who they are. That or you just lose contact with all the assholes, anyway. Ha
    I honestly think this is a part of the reason I didn't skate for 20 years. I had about 3 friends who skated. One I saw only on the weekends. One was on the Hockey Team and the Wrestling Team. And the other was on the Soccer Team. I was always the slow guy while skating so I was the one who kept hearing "Come on McGill" (Bones Brigade reference for our younger readers). The one who would hang out on the weekends quit skating and started playing metal guitar (I followed on Bass). The one on the hockey/wrestling team got sucked into the group think of team sports (one guy on the wrestling, and/or hockey team had a problem with me and my "Friend" would either join the fun when it was happening or stand back and laugh). The other dude was/is pretty cool but he gave up skating too. It left me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cdragon1 View Post
    I'm thinking that's what I'm feeling. I think the ligaments kinda got pulled for lack of a better term. I can't really move my foot except for regular walking motions without it hurting.
    Get something done before you're in my shoes (although Vans Christian Hosoi's aren't that bad).

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I honestly think this is a part of the reason I didn't skate for 20 years. I had about 3 friends who skated. One I saw only on the weekends. One was on the Hockey Team and the Wrestling Team. And the other was on the Soccer Team. I was always the slow guy while skating so I was the one who kept hearing "Come on McGill" (Bones Brigade reference for our younger readers). The one who would hang out on the weekends quit skating and started playing metal guitar (I followed on Bass). The one on the hockey/wrestling team got sucked into the group think of team sports (one guy on the wrestling, and/or hockey team had a problem with me and my "Friend" would either join the fun when it was happening or stand back and laugh). The other dude was/is pretty cool but he gave up skating too. It left me alone.

Get something done before you're in my shoes (although Vans Christian Hosoi's aren't that bad).

C/S,
    Rev J
    Skating just isn't as fun, when doing it alone. Well, for me, anyway. Some people manage to deal with it and get pretty good (RockenPunk on here), but I liked doing it while also being with friends and almost competing. I was always the slow guy, too. Haha. Not so much slow, as careful though. I can push up to around 20 mph (then again, I'm usually on a longboard, now.)

Edit: And I was talking to my friends about that girl I hung out with the other day, and apparently I missed SO MANY FUCKING HINTS. "Oh, you look like you're going to fall asleep on me at any second!" Or when I spilled something and she insisted we move my couch and clean it up I'm like, "Oh, where will we sit?" "We can sit on your bed, it's not the end of the world." Couch didn't need to be moved, we cleaned what I spilled and could've sat there, since it all got on the floor, and we had our feet up. And this girl I've been into at work for a long time is getting a new job and is leaving after the 26th. We were talking all day at work, and I shirked my duties and hung out with her in the bread aisle and just talked to her for like an hour before I got paged to leave. Went back to grab some stuff for a thing at my friend's place, and I invited her and she's like "Oh, where is it?" Right down the road. "Ah, I could probably come later, I have a project due at midnight tonight." (She has Summer classes), and I just walked away. I was with my best friend's girlfriend at the time (since somehow, all my closest friends and I ended up working at the same place) and she's like "You just missed the perfect opportunity to get her phone number." God. Damnit.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

All the bullies that bullied me and my friends in elementary (no middle school in Canada) are now stoners that are failing applied classes. Me and my friend just sit and watch them ruin their lives.

being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar

C/S,
    Rev J
    At least this isn't a regular thing for me. I was rolling up to the drop, pooped and flicked, then someone honked their horn on the turnaround right next to the spot and I lost my focus for just long enough to fuck up. Luckily I landed more on the side of my foot rather than my ankle, so I won't miss much time, if any.
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Ah got lust peged.

Edit: And I was talking to my friends about that girl I hung out with the other day, and apparently I missed SO MANY FUCKING HINTS. "Oh, you look like you're going to fall asleep on me at any second!" Or when I spilled something and she insisted we move my couch and clean it up I'm like, "Oh, where will we sit?" "We can sit on your bed, it's not the end of the world." Couch didn't need to be moved, we cleaned what I spilled and could've sat there, since it all got on the floor, and we had our feet up. And this girl I've been into at work for a long time is getting a new job and is leaving after the 26th. We were talking all day at work, and I shirked my duties and hung out with her in the bread aisle and just talked to her for like an hour before I got paged to leave. Went back to grab some stuff for a thing at my friend's place, and I invited her and she's like "Oh, where is it?" Right down the road. "Ah, I could probably come later, I have a project due at midnight tonight." (She has Summer classes), and I just walked away. I was with my best friend's girlfriend at the time (since somehow, all my closest friends and I ended up working at the same place) and she's like "You just missed the perfect opportunity to get her phone number." God. Damnit.

Musta had me about 15 Doctah Peppahs.

Retired Staff

Talking about bullying and now TGI you talking about this chick got me in another tangent while I was showering. Skater Groupies always pissed me off. Not chicks who skate. They'll almost always be cool with me. It's the chicks who hang out with skaters you know the ones with the permanently flared nostrils like someone is holding a pile of dog shit under their nose. They seem to always be shallow, stupid and arrogant. Usually they are wearing an Independent Hoodie. I remember the first time I ran into this phenomenon I was about 13 and one if those stupid bitches called me a poser because the only Vision Street Wear I wore were my sneakers. I thought that shit burned out after about 20 periods but I found out in my mid 20's it didn't I worked in a video store with this girl in her early 20's with a fat ass, muffin top and tramp stamp who always wore the Indy Hoodie, saw the movie Clerks one too many times, wanted to be Randell and thought she was cooler than everybody else. These fuckers seem to reproduce themselves. I keep seeing this archetype over and over.

Fuck sometimes I feel like Rodney Mullens less talented borderline alcoholic cousin.

C/S,
    Rev J

Escapist

One time I ate this weird flavored salsa that tasted so horrible it made me question why the Mexican people had forsaken me.

angry, young & beautiful

Well I used to worship whiskey, now I only drink the lord
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageSk8r View Post
    Well I used to worship whiskey, now I only drink the lord
    I have 2 thoughts when I read this (Both Irish):

Life is a waste of time,
    Time is a waste of life,
    Stay wasted all the time,
    And you'll have the time of your life.

and:

May the sun be in your face,
    May the wind be at your back,
    May your road rise before you,
    And may you be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

C/S,
    Rev J

being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

evil vibes

ok
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

Global Moderator

Just ordered this dope ass Polar shirt.

EDIT:

I'm going to the premiere next friday of a local shop's video called "Old Dominion" it's the shop Gilbert Crockett rides for and he has a full part along with some other really gnarly local dudes. Check out this photo, it doesn't even look possible and if you saw this spot in person you'd be even more confused...

you can pre-order the dvd and see a couple more gnarly photos at their site
    http://olddominionvideo.com/
    Last edited by ben_larsen; 08-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.

LeftLaneClosed

Skating just isn't as fun, when doing it alone. Well, for me, anyway. Some people manage to deal with it and get pretty good (RockenPunk on here)
    Yeah, I've been skating for 3 years now, and I have a few people per park that I know and have small talk with. I still don't know names though. But! I have two skate friends now (they were friends of my cousin, who skated like crazy, but died in 2009 at the age of 17. I never got to skate with him) and I hit them up whenever I have a lot of time to skate. They aren't always free, but they are passionate about skateboarding.

Escapist

I need to go school shopping. But it's my first day off in 9 days and I don't wanna move..

EDIT - Dafuq, I posted a photo on tumblr a while back of a marine joking around with this little Filipino girl in a classroom. Now I got all these 15 yr old girls sending me essay long messages about why imperialism is wrong. Get the fuck out of here. It's not that serious. And you are not the new Marcus Garvey preaching to me on a friggin blog site.
    Last edited by SkateboardG; 08-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Turbo Raptor!

In two weeks I will finally be a 9-5 monday-friday hero. FUCK THE RESTAURANT TRADE I'M OUT BITCHES.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.