• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 2918 of 3032 FirstFirst ... 1918241828182868290829162917291829192920292829683018 ... LastLast
Results 58,341 to 58,360 of 60638

Thread: Post your random thought.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    All you guys here watch KOTR when it was on? It was god damn entertaining, pretty obvious that birdhouse were gonna win it but i was rooting for toy machine.
    Haven't watched it but I love Toy Machine. I love their graphics and artstyle not to mention the team has basically stayed the same for the past 10 years.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Just dropped a hundred bucks on another vintage set up. Been looking for one of these for a long time. In good shape this deck, trucks, and wheels fetches closer to $350. The bottom, trucks, wheels, and hardware is pretty good. The top looks rough though, literally. Looks like they slathered shellac on it right over the strips of grip tape then peeled the grip tape off at a later point. You can see the dried drips from the shellac wrapping around the edges of the bottom. I've seen these Road Rider 4 wheels go over and over for $100 alone.

Bottom looks sweet though, and will display nicely. I'll try to carefully clean up the top with some goo gone, acetone, light sanding, etc then add new grip tape to cover as needed.

Retired Staff

I just realized what my new approach to learning spacewalks should be. I have skids on my board so I'm thinking about starting in tail position and getting the rotations down then slowly working my foot to the sweet spot as I get my coordination together.

This is too good to be true:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opi...e94019107.html

If this article is true than the Trump Campaign is one of the greatest put ons in history.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I just realized what my new approach to learning spacewalks should be. I have skids on my board so I'm thinking about starting in tail position and getting the rotations down then slowly working my foot to the sweet spot as I get my coordination together.

This is too good to be true:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opi...e94019107.html

If this article is true than the Trump Campaign is one of the greatest put ons in history.
    It's satire. Lundy's like the Andy Borowitz of Charlotte. Lots of people have suggested that angle saying things like Austin Kutcher will pop out yelling "PUNKED!" at some point before November.

Retired Staff

I've read a conspiracy theory (usually I read them/watch the videos to make fun of them) that said that Trump was planted by the Democratic party so that they would win another election.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Scrubs Nerd

Hey guys, wrote a song today. I'd appreciate some feedback. (I know the vocals need a lot of polish but I think I got the general idea of what I want).

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-paqu...he-flower-shop

LeftLaneClosed

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Hey guys, wrote a song today. I'd appreciate some feedback. (I know the vocals need a lot of polish but I think I got the general idea of what I want).

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-paqu...he-flower-shop
    I like the lyrics, how they don't finish with each line, at the same time of the chord progression (if that makes sense). I may sound better if the playing was more sporadic, like it didn't have the same beat and pattern to it. So like the guitar would be more of an accent to the vocals, rather than the driving force.

Just a thought! I like your voice, has a unique sound to it.

Retired Staff

Update on Rev J vs. Spacewalks. I loosened my trucks about a quarter turn the other day. That really changed the dynamic between me and the board. I also remembered something I learned during 4 weeks of Karate classes in eighth grade about throwing a punch. In Karate they tell you when you throw a punch pivot from your hips to get the strength for it. I can get about three repetitions before I end up putting too much weight on my heel during my backstroke in my native stance switch not even that yet. I'm also trying to work little glide pauses into it to make it look a little less jerky.

C/S,
    Rev J

Feels weird to be back...haha

Global Moderator

^Welcome back dude!

Cafe Fuzz

Yeah, welcome back man. What made you think of the place?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

I almost shed a tear when I saw some threads haven't been touched in years...

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    I almost shed a tear when I saw some threads haven't been touched in years...
    Touch them all.

Booked a cruise for my honeymoon in April! Pretty hyped. It's a 7 night cruise out of Baltimore down to 3 different islands in the Caribbean!

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Touch them all.

Booked a cruise for my honeymoon in April! Pretty hyped. It's a 7 night cruise out of Baltimore down to 3 different islands in the Caribbean!
    Ben is going on his honeymoon and I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do with my life haha.

Global Moderator

^A girl from my area just won a silver medal in the olympics while I almost fell just walking today so i feel you

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Ben is going on his honeymoon and I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do with my life haha.
    Ehh don't worry! I still am too. Been at a dead end job for 4 years!

Just about every last one of my friends is establishing themselves in their "fields" whether that's skating, art or career! I've just been doing the same task everyday for over 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    ^A girl from my area just won a silver medal in the olympics while I almost fell just walking today so i feel you
    Gabby Douglas is from my area. and she's 3 years younger than me!
    Last edited by ben_larsen; 08-16-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Global Moderator

^Girl from my area is a teenager haha what am i doing with my life

Retired Staff

I've decided I'm going back to school. I was going to start in the fall but due to a timesheet SNAFU I'm probably not even going to be able to start until spring.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I've decided I'm going back to school. I was going to start in the fall but due to a timesheet SNAFU I'm probably not even going to be able to start until spring.
    Why not take something part time, one class, online, even from a different school, even if it might not transfer? You can still make a move to get your feet wet in some kind of educational effort rather than just throwing your hands up in the air because it didn't work out exactly as you would have preferred. I say this because I know hundreds of people post high school that made solid efforts to get more education, but allowed some trivial or major but temporary obstacle to derail their efforts. You can still keep the goal and objectives that got pushed back, But, when pushing back the whole timeline, just add something that can be done sooner rather than later so you stay on task..

https://soundcloud.com/abracadanny-1/4track
    Little chord progression I've been messing around with on my 4track.
    Every me and every Hsu.