Post your random thought. - Page 2933

View Poll Results: Are you new here?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    59 47.20%
  • Still no

    9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

    4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

    29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

    24 19.20%
Page 2933 of 3036 FirstFirst ... 1933243328332883292329312932293329342935294329833033 ... LastLast
Results 58,641 to 58,660 of 60705

Thread: Post your random thought.

  1. #58641
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,619

    Default

    We're ready. Should be some decent coverage by mid day Saturday. 6" or a little more would be great. More than a foot shuts things down here for a freaking week hahaha. I don't think they have any idea if it will be 4 inches or 14+ inches. They just know it will be frozen stuff falling and lots of it..


  2. #58642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    27
    Posts
    102

    Default

    damn bro. that sucks.

  3. #58643
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,644

    Default

    Where'd ya get that graph from, Charles? The one I saw before my sassy facebook post earlier was calling for much less than that in my neck of the woods, and said nearby counties to the west weren't getting anything at all

    I know us northwestern 4 are hard to predict because of the sporadic mountain ranges though, they usually change ours up by the hour haha. I remember in high school where we'd be out of school because North Stokes was inaccessible due to ice/snow, but down here in south/west stokes territory it was like 40 and sunny (and vice versa - I remember not being able to get out of my driveway but the NS kids said they hadn't seen anything yet). Those bigger peaks in the center of the county (Hanging rock, sauratown, brown, moore's knob, cooks wall etc) really fuck it up for us. So for our forecasts they just go "\_(ツ)_/ idk man like, snow might happen though"

  4. #58644
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Where'd ya get that graph from, Charles? The one I saw before my sassy facebook post earlier was calling for much less than that in my neck of the woods, and said nearby counties to the west weren't getting anything at all

    I know us northwestern 4 are hard to predict because of the sporadic mountain ranges though, they usually change ours up by the hour haha. I remember in high school where we'd be out of school because North Stokes was inaccessible due to ice/snow, but down here in south/west stokes territory it was like 40 and sunny (and vice versa - I remember not being able to get out of my driveway but the NS kids said they hadn't seen anything yet). Those bigger peaks in the center of the county (Hanging rock, sauratown, brown, moore's knob, cooks wall etc) really fuck it up for us. So for our forecasts they just go "\_(ツ)_/ idk man like, snow might happen though"

    http://www.intellicast.com/Travel/We...ation=USTN0268

    Up to 8 inches here..


  5. #58645
    Global Moderator
    ben_larsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Dude, we had a snowstorm yesterday and a massive one a few days ago. Two feet of snow at its lowest in my driveway. I spent a total of 6 hours clearing everything up because I also had to do my neighbor's yard. I hate snow.
    Eeek... we aren't getting anywhere close to 2 feet but our areas in VA and NC just aren't used to even a dusting so we are looking at a max of 14 inches in Virginia Beach/Norfolk and up to 12 inches where I live!

    I just got a few new video games for Christmas, I've got an insane amount of stuff to organize and I've got a garage to skate in, so I'm down!

  6. #58646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    27
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Car broke down again.....siickkkkkk
    damn that sucks. hope the best for ya!

  7. #58647
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,619

    Default

    We got mostly ice so far.. Promised 4-8 inches and only got about 2 so far. Did Donald Trump tweet the prediction for our area? I guess it's still enough for the kids to sled on but the roads will be an icy, unplowable mess for quite a few days.. with super cold blowing in for next week, lots of sand will be needed to make roads passable.

    Ben's area farther north appears to have gotten a nice dump of snow though. So jelly..

  8. #58648
    Global Moderator
    ben_larsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Yep man!! 9 inches and still falling. We've already been sledding and didn't die!

  9. #58649
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,644

    Default

    They were originally calling for 3" in my area and we got a foot haha.

    VA beach getting that much is weird. Not weird for my area though, which is why i get so frustrated with everyone for acting like it is. I have had 2 feet+ in my yard on more than one occasion, in 2014 we went the entire month of february without exceeding 30 degrees F/-2C, it snowed 2 feet in one day, we got 4 snow storms in one week a few weeks after that 2 footer in a day storm....like......it's reaaallly not that weird for it to snow. This storm was like snow #4 for Watauga county, and 30 mins north of us in Cana Virginia i know they've already had snow before this too, because I was up there two weeks ago and saw remnants of it haha. Idk if Charles remembers this one (or if raleigh got it as bad as up here), but in 2004 we got an ice storm so bad it made national news. Some people in my county were out of power for over a week, because we got 20 inches with 12 being solid ice, so trees were down everywhere and most power lines were too. We were out of school for 28 consecutive days because it never got warm enough to melt haha. So when people fucking lose their shit over a forecast of a few inches of powder it drives me fucking insane.

    Proud of my county and the surrounding counties (especially forsyth) for finally acting like snow isn't a big deal for us this time though. Roads were completely clear before lunch time today. A few years ago, they wouldn't even bring plows out until like 2 days after.

  10. #58650
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,619

    Default

    We have so much ice, thick ice in our street I'm going to put the street hockey goals and play ice hockey today. Some of the main roads are cleared, but most of the neighborhood streets have at least an inch of solid ice.. And it's too cold for salt to melt it. School will probably be cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday morning depending on how long it takes to get the icy roads sanded. Living on the north this wouldn't be a big deal because all winter long the roads have plenty of sand everywhere because they get sanded regularly. Down here if we do get some snow and ice that gets sanded.... by the time the next snow storm come the sand from the last storm has been washed away by a month of rain. Up in Boone and Blowing Rock there's always plenty of sand on the roads all winter long.. Anyway, that's a big part of the reason why winter weather areas deal much better with 2" of snow than southern areas.. They usually already have plenty of sand down before the storm even arrives. Here that isn't possible.

  11. #58651
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    It's starting to flood out here.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  12. #58652
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    It's starting to flood out here.
    All the resorts around Tahoe had to close. Too much rain, wind, lightning, and setting up for 4-8 FEET of heavy wet snow.. Gonna be avalanche city there later this week.

  13. #58653
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    Yeah. The thing is we were getting rain at a slow enough rate to relieve the drought but not wash away top soil and flood out.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  14. #58654
    Global Moderator
    ben_larsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    We ended up with 12.5 inches here. They tried to tell me I had to come to work this morning, when I was supposed to leave it was 6 degrees. They haven't plowed my neighborhood or the street leading to it, so even if I wanted to go to work I couldn't. Probably won't go tomorrow either, the roads are just a solid chunk of ice.

  15. #58655
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    We ended up with 12.5 inches here. They tried to tell me I had to come to work this morning, when I was supposed to leave it was 6 degrees. They haven't plowed my neighborhood or the street leading to it, so even if I wanted to go to work I couldn't. Probably won't go tomorrow either, the roads are just a solid chunk of ice.


    It's still going to rain like a beast out here until Thursday.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  16. #58656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    27
    Posts
    102

    Default

    winter is fine here!
    edit: weather!

  17. #58657
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    We have so much ice, thick ice in our street I'm going to put the street hockey goals and play ice hockey today. Some of the main roads are cleared, but most of the neighborhood streets have at least an inch of solid ice.. And it's too cold for salt to melt it. School will probably be cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday morning depending on how long it takes to get the icy roads sanded. Living on the north this wouldn't be a big deal because all winter long the roads have plenty of sand everywhere because they get sanded regularly. Down here if we do get some snow and ice that gets sanded.... by the time the next snow storm come the sand from the last storm has been washed away by a month of rain. Up in Boone and Blowing Rock there's always plenty of sand on the roads all winter long.. Anyway, that's a big part of the reason why winter weather areas deal much better with 2" of snow than southern areas.. They usually already have plenty of sand down before the storm even arrives. Here that isn't possible.
    We got nothing but powder up my way. Stuff only turned to ice from being plowed improperly and packed, but that was only on hall road that I've seen so far (The road that Lower Cascades is on) (I may or may not have almost gotten stuck there today btw,ironically directly in front of lower cascades. and I don't have cell service on that road so i was pretty scared). The rest of our roads were clear by lunch time on Saturday! Which is the way a county like mine should be. Makes sense for wake county to not be prepared...you guys don't get as much. Stokes....this is literally so normal. It's always so aggravating when people act like it isn't. The only people that have permission to flood the grocery stores before a snow storm are the people up in Collinstown/Francisco/Sandy Ridge/etc that don't have any nearby stores and don't get snow plows.

    But I was proud of stokes, surry and forsyth for finally treating this like it's normal winter weather for us. Roads were clear the fastest i've ever seen them be cleared, and even saw sand being used on the east side of Danbury.


    Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    We ended up with 12.5 inches here. They tried to tell me I had to come to work this morning, when I was supposed to leave it was 6 degrees. They haven't plowed my neighborhood or the street leading to it, so even if I wanted to go to work I couldn't. Probably won't go tomorrow either, the roads are just a solid chunk of ice.
    I was conveniently already unscheduled for the whole weekend and today, so i didn't miss any work, other than leaving early on Friday because it started snowing around 4pm. so we locked the doors around 6:30.

  18. #58658
    Active Member
    Trollskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    20
    Posts
    428

    Default

    our bands demo is done, so if any one of you folks wants to give it a listen, here you go:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wGwdtEoMfRhTmr
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

  19. #58659
    Scrubs Nerd
    kk360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicoutimi, QC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskater View Post
    our bands demo is done, so if any one of you folks wants to give it a listen, here you go:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wGwdtEoMfRhTmr
    It's pretty good, its got a sex pistols feel to it. I'm no great punk connaisseur so there's obviously more influences in there. Just a shame I can't understand the lyrics.

  20. #58660
    Active Member
    Trollskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    20
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    It's pretty good, its got a sex pistols feel to it. I'm no great punk connaisseur so there's obviously more influences in there. Just a shame I can't understand the lyrics.
    i would translate it but it kind of ruins the point. this is a compilation basically, because the songs i sing are more 90's punk influenced, while the guitarists are old school punk. we are gonna start making songs together soon so its gonna be pretty cool when we start combining the two styles
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •