• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 2940 of 3094 FirstFirst ... 1940244028402890293029382939294029412942295029903040 ... LastLast
Results 58,781 to 58,800 of 61861

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

Welcome home.......son.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Welcome home.......son.
    I'm currently re-watching scrubs. Such a good show.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

What's everyone been up to lately? I myself just finished my first year of university. Really makes you rethink about your career choice.

God

Hahah nick, i love scrubs man. I need to rewatch that for sure.

Im good NR, still living in vancouver, thinking this will be my last year here then heading back to Australia. Planning to head back to Toronto during the summer. What are you doing at University/what is your chose career path?

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Computer Science. I have a linear algebra exam tomorrow followed by a few more that will kill my GPA. Send me prayers.
    I like Toronto, my university is in Scarborough so that's basically Toronto. I've been skating here and there so hopefully during my measly 1 week break between this semester and the summer semester I'll hit up some skateparks there.

Scrubs Nerd

Don't want to hog the question but myself I've been at a crossroads for the better part of a year. I don't know what I'm doing or where my life is going. Went back to school for accounting and quit after a month so I've pretty much been on unemployement since I was let go from my job in May last year. I still live with my parents and I've been looking for a job but everything is so dead here there's nothing coming along that doesn't require schooling of some sort.

I signed up for a welding trade that I'll be starting in September. My plan is to see this through no matter what and come out the other side with a minimal direction at least to get started living in the real world. I think the first step after that is gonna be to leave town because our whole economy is based on the mining industry and it's been in the shitter for years. I don't see it picking up soon.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I really hope I picked the right field so I don't end up like that. I'm always contemplating dropping out but I have a relatively good average and I'm pretty competitive in the field so I'm almost guaranteed a job this year as a software tester/developer. However, deep in my heart I love driving, and I would absolutely love making a living off of it. Whether it's a truck driver or whatever, I can see myself working overtime for something like that. If I were to drop out, people (my parents mostly) would be disappointed as I have "potential", but I don't want to do something if I don't truly love doing it. To prevent myself from acting on impulse, I'll stay in school at least until I'm at my first co-op term working for some company and I'll see how my experience goes from there.

If I don't succeed in the industry but do end up getting my degree, my plan B would be to become a high school math teacher. They get paid decently here and they receive lots of vacation time and I do love teaching others about things I already know. That's the only plan B I have right now so my degree doesn't end up being just a piece of paper framed on my wall.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    I really hope I picked the right field so I don't end up like that. I'm always contemplating dropping out but I have a relatively good average and I'm pretty competitive in the field so I'm almost guaranteed a job this year as a software tester/developer. However, deep in my heart I love driving, and I would absolutely love making a living off of it. Whether it's a truck driver or whatever, I can see myself working overtime for something like that. If I were to drop out, people (my parents mostly) would be disappointed as I have "potential", but I don't want to do something if I don't truly love doing it. To prevent myself from acting on impulse, I'll stay in school at least until I'm at my first co-op term working for some company and I'll see how my experience goes from there.
    That actually is my problem. I have plenty of potential, I'm a smart kid. I quit three college programs and I had good grades but I didn't like what I was doing. I just never knew what I'd like to do so it's hard to picture yourself doing what you love for 30 years if you have no idea what that is. I'm a good learner, I'd say it's one of my better skills but you have to know what you want to learn to learn it...

Retired Staff

I'm thinking about going back in the fall for Music Business and a couple of production classes.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

After the next few weeks I've got to buckle down and figure out what my next move is too! I hate driving an hour each way to a job that isn't even worth it. Can't afford to go back to school right now so hopefully something will work out!

As for the next couple weeks, they're going to be insane. Leaving on Friday to go with a big group of friends up to NYC for a skate trip/bachelor party for the weekend. Then the weekend after that is my wedding, then the weekend after that I had up to Baltimore for the weekend and then head out for a cruise to Bahamas that Sunday night. Then come back the following Sunday afternoon!

Luckily I'm finally feeling better for the most part. I'm still struggling to put any weight on (I'm underweight) but I'm not feeling as weak or nauseous so hopefully things will continue on this path!

God

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    That actually is my problem. I have plenty of potential, I'm a smart kid. I quit three college programs and I had good grades but I didn't like what I was doing. I just never knew what I'd like to do so it's hard to picture yourself doing what you love for 30 years if you have no idea what that is. I'm a good learner, I'd say it's one of my better skills but you have to know what you want to learn to learn it...
    This. I knew if i committed to something and enjoyed it i could do a good job at any field i went for but the thing was i never knew what i wanted to do, i liked certain things but never enough to want a career out of it. Its super hard, i never want work to consume me, anyway in the end i landed on a trade that i didnt hate, got through the 4 year apprenticeship now ive had my ticket for 3 years, still working in the industry just in Vancouver. I just wanted to do something that allows me my own hours, the chance to start my own business one day and be my own boss which i plan to get the ball rolling once i move back to Australia.

Retired Staff

I've lost 2 pounds over the last 2 weeks. I think it has to do with working out for an hour and a half a day 5 times a week. Since my workout centers around using my body weight and body resistance I'm pretty sure as I lose weight and gain flexibility there is going to be a bit of diminishing returns on that. So I'm up in the air between either accepting where my body is when I hit that point or starting to use dumb bells and leg weights when that happens.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

God

What kind of work out are you doing currently for the hour and a half a day?

Gravity Slave Moderator

im gonna kick him in the nuts. Randomly tried this site tonight and realised it was back up
    Ya me too tonight. I thought Trump cut the SC budget for the foreseeable future.

Scrubs Nerd

This. I knew if i committed to something and enjoyed it i could do a good job at any field i went for but the thing was i never knew what i wanted to do, i liked certain things but never enough to want a career out of it. Its super hard, i never want work to consume me, anyway in the end i landed on a trade that i didnt hate, got through the 4 year apprenticeship now ive had my ticket for 3 years, still working in the industry just in Vancouver. I just wanted to do something that allows me my own hours, the chance to start my own business one day and be my own boss which i plan to get the ball rolling once i move back to Australia.
    That's what I'm aiming for. I have done some basic welding and I don't hate it. It's not something I love but at least I don't hate it. My friend just moved back to Tofino and he's saying he might be able to get me a job if I go over there. I just might do it as a kind of summer vacation job thing. The 60 hour drive itself will be one hell of an adventure.

God

I did a little bit of welding when i was testing out working as a plumber when i was like 19, it was okay....but i wasnt huge on it so i moved on. Haha would be a crazy adventure the first trip. Im actually headed to Tofino at the end of this month, never been before, excited for it.

Retired Staff

What kind of work out are you doing currently for the hour and a half a day?
    The New York City Ballet Workout. The stretches alone are insane and take me about 45 minutes. A lot of it is about balance, coordination and range of motion. I had/have a theory that started when I started skating again that skating and dance use a lot of the same muscles and principles of movement. For example an Ollie is just a Plie, a pop and a leap into another Plie. Freestyle skating gets compared to ballet quite often. I've found some things like paying attention to posture, frame, and spotting (where you look when you do something like dance or skate) have helped my skating tremendously. Plus I've gotten an amazing amount of body awareness like about how I am carrying my weight, what muscles I'm using to do things and subtle changes to all of these things really helps. Plus with the flexibility that I've gained those times when I do something stupid like miss my tail when stepping back on my board after pushing off and accidentally doing the splits doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I'm thinking about making a YouTube Conspiracy Theory Video about YouTube Conspiracy Theory Videos. It's like a Coffee Table Book about Coffee Tables. It opens itself up to something truly surreal. Can you make a 3 hour conspiracy theory video about 3 hour conspiracy theory videos?

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Discovered this band yesterday randomly on youtube, gave a few of there songs a listens and loved them straight away. In a few songs the lead singer sounds like freddie mercury, think queen heavily influenced them

Scrubs Nerd

Hey guys, just popped out a Mac Demarco cover.