• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 2971 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 1971247128712921296129692970297129722973298130213071 ... LastLast
Results 59,401 to 59,420 of 61675

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Speaking of drinking.. make sure you got UBER loaded on your phones and working before going out partying tonight. So much easier to avoid DWIs now that we have so many more options in that regard to transportation. Also take care of your friends... everyone has one or two friends that act stupid after the 4th or 5th drink. Make sure they don't wake up in jail or worse..

Caveman

Sound advice @NoSwitch, but what do you mean "after the 4th or 5th drink"?

Just dropping in to wish all of you a Happy New Year! Best wishes in 2018 to you, your family, and friends.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Global Moderator

Ending 2017 with a bang with a horrendous chest cold

Retired Staff

Hey Feelgood. You should take your new girl to Outback Steakhouse and tell her it reminds you of home.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Speaking of drinking.. make sure you got UBER loaded on your phones and working before going out partying tonight. So much easier to avoid DWIs now that we have so many more options in that regard to transportation. Also take care of your friends... everyone has one or two friends that act stupid after the 4th or 5th drink. Make sure they don't wake up in jail or worse..
    My wife and I are such beer nerds that we track our beer consumption on Untappd. It's got a built-in ride hailing feature if'n we ever get too toasty...but, we both try REALLY hard to keep it within our limits. Depending on how potent the beer is, we're both perfectly happy to stop after one or two.

Caveman

Well, I guess it's legal to buy the herb for recreational purposes now. Sheesh, too late for me.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-13-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Banned

Well. Been on the 'café for about a year now. Here is to another good year with all y'all.

God

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Hey Feelgood. You should take your new girl to Outback Steakhouse and tell her it reminds you of home.
    I could go for a steak, unfortunately i dont think Vancouver has any outback steakhouses

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by goatdick View Post
    Well. Been on the 'café for about a year now. Here is to another good year with all y'all.
    How many years is that in goat years?? Or, in dick years???

Veteran Member

happy new year everyone (yes even you dale)

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I could go for a steak, unfortunately i dont think Vancouver has any outback steakhouses
    Yeah you aren't really missing anything. Outback Steakhouse is a tacky chain of allegedly Australian themed restaurants kind of like Applebees. Pseudo rustic interior with a lot of corrugated sheet metal, napkins held in place between 2 Fosters oil cans, signature blooming onions.

I was buzzed at work when the ad came on and thought I'd make the suggestion as a joke.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

How many years is that in goat years?? Or, in dick years???
    I will say I thought it was funny when you SBC trolls came in and played mafia here. My kid and his friends play that same game only call it Warewolf using who is the monster instead of who is the hitman..

God

So i got a new deck for christmas, i really really want to break it in, i cant wait for this stupid winter to be over, i dont know how skaters survive in places that have constant rain and snow, i mean i can handle it better now but growing up when i skated every day and every weekend this would have been hell. I definitley took living in Australia for granted skateboarding wise, when you can skate year round,

Gravity Slave Moderator

So i got a new deck for christmas, i really really want to break it in, i cant wait for this stupid winter to be over, i dont know how skaters survive in places that have constant rain and snow, i mean i can handle it better now but growing up when i skated every day and every weekend this would have been hell. I definitley took living in Australia for granted skateboarding wise, when you can skate year round,
    Used to have a few indoor skate parks around.. usually a handful of features inside a climate controlled warehouse. There was one near here that closed around 2007 or so. I remember one surviving briefly when I was in Jr High back in Minnesota. Not sure why folks haven't been able to make that business model work better. Seems like enough demand... but I guess indoor trampoline parks and rock climbing walls are more popular these days..

Banned

Used to have a few indoor skate parks around.. usually a handful of features inside a climate controlled warehouse. There was one near here that closed around 2007 or so. I remember one surviving briefly when I was in Jr High back in Minnesota. Not sure why folks haven't been able to make that business model work better. Seems like enough demand... but I guess indoor trampoline parks and rock climbing walls are more popular these days..
    Are you talking about the one that was in Mankato?

Anyways it's hard to keep open since they are only busy for 4 months out of the year. Also, most skateboarders are younger and don't have a whole lot of disposable income.

Skate Pirate

Anyways it's hard to keep open since they are only busy for 4 months out of the year. Also, most skateboarders are younger and don't have a whole lot of disposable income.
    The indoor park near me was actually contained within a mall. The mall decided, sometime around 2011 or so, that they wanted to clean everything up and make it a more community-friendly "outdoor shopping center," and that they couldn't have riffraff like skaters hanging around anymore. So, the mall raised the rent to an astronomical level, thereby forcefully encouraging the skatepark to leave.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I'm talking about the old fiberglass park features that ended up outside of Eden Prarie Center in 1981. Before that they started at the State Fair, then moved to a warehouse in Bloomington before moving to Eden Prarie.

Global Moderator

Hey guys, I'm back. Had to send my laptop off in the apple store bc my keyboard stopped working. It's back now!

God

Almost been a whole year since that dork Pathtek stopped in here,

Gravity Slave Moderator

Almost been a whole year since that dork Pathtek stopped in here,
    Ya, he went off the grid for reals..