• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 2978 of 3033 FirstFirst ... 197824782878292829682976297729782979298029883028 ... LastLast
Results 59,541 to 59,560 of 60658

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    That's the only reason to fester in anything about the past. It's DONE. Change what you can today, but nothing positive comes from beating yourself up about what is now over. Maybe you'll have younger kids in your life who can be helped by you sharing your experience, good and bad. It might be sooner than you think, but for today, just worry about what you an do today, If you have one foot stuck in the past and the other stretching out to the future then you're pissing on the present..

I've seen you make a LOT of good decisions the past two years. You're definitely on the right track and actually a bit ahead of where I was in life at age 24.
    Yes, the past is past (and the future's now), but a little introspection is healthy. Nobody knows you like you know yourself, and by reflecting on past experiences and reminiscing, you can identify patterns and set yourself up for the future. The hard part is not getting stuck living in the past, but rather, honoring it and learning from it.

Retired Staff

That's the only reason to fester in anything about the past. It's DONE. Change what you can today, but nothing positive comes from beating yourself up about what is now over. Maybe you'll have younger kids in your life who can be helped by you sharing your experience, good and bad. It might be sooner than you think, but for today, just worry about what you an do today, If you have one foot stuck in the past and the other stretching out to the future then you're pissing on the present..

I've seen you make a LOT of good decisions the past two years. You're definitely on the right track and actually a bit ahead of where I was in life at age 24.
    It's like that old saying "And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped.."
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

I can't remember the password to my TGIMUNDAY account, so here I am! Who's still here?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SkaCtopus View Post
    I can't remember the password to my TGIMUNDAY account, so here I am! Who's still here?
    I knew that was you. All I can get you is the email address from the original account if you wanted to try the password reset tool PathTek4 owns the joint now but is too deep in real world stuff to check in all that often.

I'll PM you the email address from your Munday acct..

Skate Pirate

I'm definitely not here.

Veteran Member

I knew that was you. All I can get you is the email address from the original account if you wanted to try the password reset tool PathTek4 owns the joint now but is too deep in real world stuff to check in all that often.

I'll PM you the email address from your Munday acct..
    lol I messaged Mike to try to reset my RS password 2 years ago, and again just a few weeks ago, no reply yet

Veteran Member

Just checked, it looks like the account got banned, that's cool :/

Retired Staff

I am.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I'm alive! Update on life, lost my job 6 weeks ago. Literally just got off the phone from being offered a job at the same pay plus sales incentive bonuses. Why am I so magnanimous?
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    I'm alive! Update on life, lost my job 6 weeks ago. Literally just got off the phone from being offered a job at the same pay plus sales incentive bonuses. Why am I so magnanimous?
    Welcome back member formerly know as Dr Skatopus and Ionlybla bla bla on Mundays. We're all pretty much alums here. Some of the Silverfish folks started a new forum last year when the fish died. Facebook groups seem to be the most active skate talk places I still venture around..

http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Wait, so is gnarwheels the new Silverfish site? I was surprised when it died, seemed like it was doing well and the ad revenue with how many members it had must've been at least somewhat decent. Guess they saw the writing on the walls, like with what you said, Facebook groups are really the new forum. It's so much easier and more accessible.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Gravity Slave Moderator

Wait, so is gnarwheels the new Silverfish site? I was surprised when it died, seemed like it was doing well and the ad revenue with how many members it had must've been at least somewhat decent. Guess they saw the writing on the walls, like with what you said, Facebook groups are really the new forum. It's so much easier and more accessible.
    I think, like here, a hack is what snagged the fish. They ended up with a bad security label from Google which triggered AV programs to throw up warnings when people tried to visit Silverfish.. like for several months. People left, most people... and not many returned after that issue was resolved so they shut it down.

Skate Pirate

That's one old-guy refuge. The forums at Skullandbones are stumbling as well, as the result of a similar malware attack to the one that killed Silverfish. I've got a few dozen threads from Silverfish saved on my Google drive, and have been posting them on my blog, linked in my signature here. Most recently, I posted two threads about the future of skateboarding, which offered a unique perspective, being that we're literally in the future...one thread from 2007 asked where skating would be in 2017, for instance.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Weird how all that worked out. I guess people don't have anything better to do than to hack skateboarding websites.

Global Moderator

facebook groups are the new forums and it's sad because they're not quite the same.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    facebook groups are the new forums and it's sad because they're not quite the same.
    The biggest benefit that forums had was indexing...the ability to quickly search through thousands of posts to find that little tidbit of information buried deep in the archives. Facebook and Reddit can't hold a candle to that. Where FB and Reddit shine is that you only need one username and password...because let's face it, it's a PITA to remember 14,000 usernames and passwords for your 14,000 random hobbies.

Retired Staff

Also the reports that I've read about the personal information that Facebook keeps and archives is frightening. I'm glad I'm not on there.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Also the reports that I've read about the personal information that Facebook keeps and archives is frightening. I'm glad I'm not on there.
    Same risk everywhere and we're ALL exposed. Every time a major credit reporting agency gets hacked ALL of our personal, banking, and credit card data is breached. Already happened with EquFax last year. Note that the authorities hardly mentioned it other than saying any or all of us might be screwed but carry on.. What happened at Facebook is they sold personal information that is usually sold for marketing products based on user preferences, same as you google search history to a 3rd party data firm that used it to target potential Trump supporters and blitz them with fake news convincing them Clinton was more sketchy than Trump is..

Retired Staff

Same risk everywhere and we're ALL exposed. Every time a major credit reporting agency gets hacked ALL of our personal, banking, and credit card data is breached. Already happened with EquFax last year. Note that the authorities hardly mentioned it other than saying any or all of us might be screwed but carry on.. What happened at Facebook is they sold personal information that is usually sold for marketing products based on user preferences, same as you google search history to a 3rd party data firm that used it to target potential Trump supporters and blitz them with fake news convincing them Clinton was more sketchy than Trump is..
    The report I read about Facebook included call info, metadata on pictures, sms info. There is a way that you can see what info they have on you.

There are plenty of other reasons I'm not on Facebook. I'm not one of those paranoid conspiracy types. As a matter of fact I mock them quite openly. There has always been something kinda screwy about Facebook that I can't quite put my finger on.

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Speaking of all of that, I can't believe I missed the conversations that probably went on on the site during the election. This is offtopic section though, where politics are not allowed. Don't make me ban you, NoSwitch.