• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 2982 of 3035 FirstFirst ... 198224822882293229722980298129822983298429923032 ... LastLast
Results 59,621 to 59,640 of 60691

Thread: Post your random thought.

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Hey Mike. Ya, forums are pretty obsolete. Good to see you anyway. Hope life is treating you OK.
    Life is perfectly fine right now. Glad to see all the old faces are still alive on both forums. I get nostalgic every few months and have to check in on all my homies.

Hope you're all doing well.

Edit: I've had this account for 7 years this month. Happy anniversary to me.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    The death of these forums hurts man. I cant even comment on SBC now, the website is so fucked.

Everyone feel free to add/follow me, before the slow heat death of skate forums takes us all out.

https://www.instagram.com/dr_rollinstein/

https://www.facebook.com/mike.norris.771
    I think it was always fucked. Now that you have grown up a bit you see it more.

As for forums being obsolete I'm on about 4 different ones based on different interests. 2 are still huge and off the hook. The other 2 are smaller and not as busy. I think it depends on the focus of the forum. I honestly think that SBC still shows up on Google as the biggest skate forum has more to do with bots than actual activity. They have also pissed in their own well so to speak and fucked it up down the list.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I think it was always fucked. Now that you have grown up a bit you see it more.

As for forums being obsolete I'm on about 4 different ones based on different interests. 2 are still huge and off the hook. The other 2 are smaller and not as busy. I think it depends on the focus of the forum. I honestly think that SBC still shows up on Google as the biggest skate forum has more to do with bots than actual activity. They have also pissed in their own well so to speak and fucked it up down the list.
    SBC is/was fucked in what way? I mean, skateboarding's key demographic is 14-18 year old males...there are HUGE links between skateboarding and behaviorally- or developmentally-troubled kids...add in the passion that drives one to join a forum, and the inherent narcissism of social media in general, and skateboard forums are just a powder keg ready to blow.

And now, those kids have grown up in a world where Facebook and Reddit are their one-stop shops (and yes, I'm aware that Facebook is now what old people use, leaving me at a complete loss as to where the youngsters are seeking their hobby information these days)...nobody wants to remember 48 different logins, when they can just pop onto Facebook and ask which deck is best for kickflips, or if Shorty's hardware is better than Lucky.

Forums are an interesting breed though. Guitar and music forums seem to be BOOMING. Bike and skateboard forums have faltered over the past 3-4 years, as the hobbies have waned, and the members have gone elsewhere. The automotive forums I'm on have corresponding Facebook groups, and only seem to use the VBulletin forums as a point of reference or tutorials.

Now...it's widely regarded as a fact that longboarding is in decline. Given that skateboard forums seem to be slowing down, and I know at least locally, there are fewer and fewer kids getting into skateboarding...is skateboarding in general, in decline? Or, is it just the niche of longboarding?

Retired Staff

Dude 27 year olds making accounts claiming to be 15 is fucked. Cheering on a 27 year old pretending to be 15 is fucked. Promoting trolls to mods is fucked. Having troll mods who seriously post "the other day I skated for the first time in 7 years" is fucked. Finding everything that a member has posted anywhere on the internet ever to make into a punchline without context is fucked. Coming up with multiple accounts to fuck with one member is fucked.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

Dude 27 year olds making accounts claiming to be 15 is fucked. Cheering on a 27 year old pretending to be 15 is fucked. Promoting trolls to mods is fucked. Having troll mods who seriously post "the other day I skated for the first time in 7 years" is fucked. Finding everything that a member has posted anywhere on the internet ever to make into a punchline without context is fucked. Coming up with multiple accounts to fuck with one member is fucked.
    Shut the fuck up rev.

Its fucked because Tom-E stopped caring, so now the website is literally broken. Half the threads dont work, and its extremely difficult to post. Rev J is just a poser that got laughed off SBC for being the most annoying fucker ever. It has nothing to do with the content of the site. The site itself is broken, so even more people quit going. Its apparently not even a hard fix either.

Retired Staff

Poser. That's fucking hilarious. Poser being one who poses as something that they aren't. If anything I was too honest. At my age I don't have the time or energy to put on an act. I always claimed to be a shit skater, and more than a little bit of a geek.

You were one of the few people there that wasn't a total cunt. What I saw over there was a bunch of kids from middle America acting the way that they thought skaters acted. Maybe it is because I spend a lot of time in a skate town and see how bullshit that is. I walked away and am much happier now. If you want to fool yourself into believing that is a true representation of skate culture be my guest.. Either the rest of the world is retarded or they are. Trolling bullshit is gaming culture not skate culture. It's pretty fucking gutless.
    Last edited by Rev J; 04-20-2018 at 03:14 AM.

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

Rev, you just couldnt hang out properly over there. Dunno why. I saw a lot of the shit that went down. Most of the people you argued with didnt even skate anymore, so your 'skater boi attitude" theory isnt a good one. Quit acting like the issues were everyone being edgy skater boys.

There have been literal 16/17 year olds over there that have caught more shit than you, generally deserved, and they continued to hang out just fine. You couldnt deal and removed yourself to the tamer forum. Thats fine, but quit being a salty bastard about it. You're too goddamn old to hold grudges over internet forums.

Skate Pirate

Having troll mods who seriously post "the other day I skated for the first time in 7 years" is fucked.
    You mean like the Cafe before the mass exodus?

Scrubs Nerd

Rev, you just couldnt hang out properly over there. Dunno why. I saw a lot of the shit that went down. Most of the people you argued with didnt even skate anymore, so your 'skater boi attitude" theory isnt a good one. Quit acting like the issues were everyone being edgy skater boys.

There have been literal 16/17 year olds over there that have caught more shit than you, generally deserved, and they continued to hang out just fine. You couldnt deal and removed yourself to the tamer forum. Thats fine, but quit being a salty bastard about it. You're too goddamn old to hold grudges over internet forums.
    I've said this multiple times but any time SBC is mentionned he just goes off ranting like a child again.

God

Sbc sounds funny haha. Ive never been there cause my brother uses it, i stick to this place and browse Slap every so often cause theres always 3-4 pages of new threads daily which are usually interesting.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Sbc sounds funny haha. Ive never been there cause my brother uses it, i stick to this place and browse Slap every so often cause theres always 3-4 pages of new threads daily which are usually interesting.
    Yeah its always just been more of an jungle than this place. Nothing too fucked up, just a lot of shitting on people who say dumb shit or make idiotic decisions. Hell i joined there in 2009 and missed the REALLY hardcore years by like 2 or 3 years.

A moment that i still remember, one dude got laughed off the forum basically because he was bragging about his rad new tattoo that covered his ribs. It was a long ass quote, and one of the words was misspelled, and he didnt notice until he posted a picture of it. Became such a big joke that they changed the description of the General Off Topic forum to include the misspelled word.

Good times.

Edit: Has Dogtown really not been on here in like 3 years?

Second Edit: Searched his name and was reminded that the site was transferred to Pathtek.
    Last edited by Demon; 04-21-2018 at 03:14 AM.

God

Yeah its always just been more of an jungle than this place. Nothing too fucked up, just a lot of shitting on people who say dumb shit or make idiotic decisions. Hell i joined there in 2009 and missed the REALLY hardcore years by like 2 or 3 years.

A moment that i still remember, one dude got laughed off the forum basically because he was bragging about his rad new tattoo that covered his ribs. It was a long ass quote, and one of the words was misspelled, and he didnt notice until he posted a picture of it. Became such a big joke that they changed the description of the General Off Topic forum to include the misspelled word.

Good times.

Edit: Has Dogtown really not been on here in like 3 years?

Second Edit: Searched his name and was reminded that the site was transferred to Pathtek.
    Hahaha hilarious. Whats your username over there dude? Yeah dude i havent seen dogtown in these parts forever, pathtek disappeared too. ITS ANARCHY NOW, we run this shit. Im waiting for the day they give me complete control and power of the cafe and continue to pay the bills
    What do you guys think of this plan? Genius right?!

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Banned

You gotta admit rev. It was pretty funny when they found that shirtless pic of you on that hippy forum and all the creepy shit you said on there.

Retired Staff

Why is that funny?

And why are you so obsessed with that picture?

And what was the context that those statements were made?

And when were those statements made?

The fact that those comments ended up where they did and how they got there is weird and creepy.

The original site has a minimum age requirement. The discussion was between adults, in context were intended as satire and appropriate for the site that they were posted on. For the most part I don't talk about sex on a skating site especially one with teenagers as it is not appropriate for me to talk about sex on a skate site with teenagers. It wasn't funny because I didn't post it there, it wasn't intended for that audience,

On top of that. The fact that those things ended up on a skate site without my consent and in a context that weren't appropriate are what galls my ass. I have no regrets about what or where I posted them as I have no reason to it is perfectly fine to discuss sex with adults in an adult forum.

Your fascination with me and my sex life is unhealthy. You should probably get checked out.

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Hahaha hilarious. Whats your username over there dude? Yeah dude i havent seen dogtown in these parts forever, pathtek disappeared too. ITS ANARCHY NOW, we run this shit. Im waiting for the day they give me complete control and power of the cafe and continue to pay the bills
    What do you guys think of this plan? Genius right?!
    My name on there is SkaterTillDeath. Or STD for short. I was an edgy 12 year old.

Maybe you'd breath some new life into this place. It isnt technically dead yet.

All we need are all 134 guests online right now to make accounts and post, then we'd be back on track.
    Last edited by Demon; 04-22-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Global Moderator

life hasn't been too sick lately, man.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    life hasn't been too sick lately, man.
    What's happening?

C/S,
    Rev J

Banned

Why is that funny?

And why are you so obsessed with that picture?

And what was the context that those statements were made?

And when were those statements made?

The fact that those comments ended up where they did and how they got there is weird and creepy.

The original site has a minimum age requirement. The discussion was between adults, in context were intended as satire and appropriate for the site that they were posted on. For the most part I don't talk about sex on a skating site especially one with teenagers as it is not appropriate for me to talk about sex on a skate site with teenagers. It wasn't funny because I didn't post it there, it wasn't intended for that audience,

On top of that. The fact that those things ended up on a skate site without my consent and in a context that weren't appropriate are what galls my ass. I have no regrets about what or where I posted them as I have no reason to it is perfectly fine to discuss sex with adults in an adult forum.

Your fascination with me and my sex life is unhealthy. You should probably get checked out.
    I'm not fascinated with your sex life, you were talking about beating off in your car in public and I think that's fucking creepy.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by goatdick View Post
    I'm not fascinated with your sex life, you were talking about beating off in your car in public and I think that's fucking creepy.
    That's bullshit. Given the fact that I don't have a drivers licence and never have, and I've never owned a car and have repeatedly stated that. I can pretty much rest assured that I've never talked about it, let alone done it.

As I recall and this is from probably about an 8 year old thread on a forum that I've made thousands of posts on and couldn't possibly remember everything I've ever posted on the conversation went something like this:

Person 1: I like to jerk it in my car.

Person 2: I wouldn't suggest doing it in front of a grade school.

Me: (sarcastically) I would it might be a learning experience.

A couple of more posts.

Me: It was a joke. Being arrested, incarcerated and put on a sex offender list would definitely teach you something.

So first off you didn't even get the post or claim right since it didn't happen. Then you took one post out of context because it wasn't put in context. Then you jumped to the conclusion that I'm some type of weird creep. But the bullshit that you started started way before that was dropped on SBC.

C/S,
    Rev J