• Still no

9 7.14%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.17%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.02%
  • Zombie from long ago

25 19.84%
Page 3003 of 3063 FirstFirst ... 200325032903295329933001300230033004300530133053 ... LastLast
Results 60,041 to 60,060 of 61255

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

At least nobody burns shit during DC protests. I'm in a position where if there is one in Oakland or one at UC Berkeley I can smell the smoke. It's hard to sleep when there's a helicopter hovering over your house.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    At least nobody burns shit during DC protests. I'm in a position where if there is one in Oakland or one at UC Berkeley I can smell the smoke. It's hard to sleep when there's a helicopter hovering over your house.
    I get that several times pretty much every night. We're in the flight path for the Duke Hospital 2 miles down the road. Also, whenever Duke or UNC win a big basketball game the news choppers are flying over the crowd celebrations nearby, which is at least twice a season, often more with ACC playoffs then NCAA tournament.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Jesus man, that's heavy. Hope you guys land on your feet quickly! What profession are you and your wife in?
    She's an HR Benefits Analyst and I'm a business data analyst. Market's good so it shouldn't take too long to find something else. Just sucks that the timing hit us both at the same time.

Skate Pirate

So, there's a small but dedicated group of guys that hang out here...

And there's a small but dedicated group of guys that hang out on gnarwheels...

And there's a small but dedicated group of guys that hang out on a small-time freestyle skateboard forum...

All 3 groups have a tiny bit of overlap, but are predominantly different. I gotta wonder if there's some kind of way to merge the 3 userbases into something useful...it's apparent that there are at least a dozen of us that crave the forum experience without messing with Facebook.

Retired Staff

What's the freestyle forum?
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

What's the freestyle forum?
    http://alwayswill.freeforums.net/

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    She's an HR Benefits Analyst and I'm a business data analyst. Market's good so it shouldn't take too long to find something else. Just sucks that the timing hit us both at the same time.
    Oh, yeah, you guys will be back at it in no time! Good luck to both of you!

I get that several times pretty much every night. We're in the flight path for the Duke Hospital 2 miles down the road. Also, whenever Duke or UNC win a big basketball game the news choppers are flying over the crowd celebrations nearby, which is at least twice a season, often more with ACC playoffs then NCAA tournament.

You guys should come try living where I do... Pretty sure it's the largest military presence in the US?

Just within a few miles we have Langley AFB, NASA, Ft Eustis Army Base, Naval Weapons Station and the "secret" CIA training camp (called Camp Peary AKA The Farm for anyone familiar with the CIA) which is less than a mile from my house... We get some weird ass noises in the middle of the night.

Skate Pirate

Ah, bummer...Just found out another forum buddy passed away. Rest in peace, one of the coolest forumites I've ever met...RIP Colin "Skaterat" Schumate

Caveman

I've been in a funk. Got s layoff notice a couple weeks ago and Friday is my last day. Wife got s layoff notice yesterday. NC only.gives 6 weeks of unemployment. However, it just occurred to me we might be free to go protest if Trump fires Mueller.. which is imminent now..
    That's awful news. Hope you guys land on your feet and are okay.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Ah, bummer...Just found out another forum buddy passed away. Rest in peace, one of the coolest forumites I've ever met...RIP Colin "Skaterat" Schumate
    Damn! I remember him... From Ramprage, right?

Any idea what happened? That's a bummer to hear.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Damn! I remember him... From Ramprage, right?

Any idea what happened? That's a bummer to hear.
    No idea, honestly. I followed Jonny Thriller Miller on Instagram recently, and he had a RIP Skaterat post up in February of this year, then Skaterat's Insta went radio silent around the same time.

Retired Staff

This Op Ed was in the SF Chronicle yesterday:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertai...s-13180455.php

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

This Op Ed was in the SF Chronicle yesterday:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertai...s-13180455.php
    They came up short in their analysis. They should have gone for the kill in the conclusion by also adding that in it's infancy, skateboarding appropriated it's dynamics from surfing. Now, surfing is appropriating it's most technical new maneuvers from skateboarding.

Global Moderator

Life is weird.

Retired Staff

Indeed it is. What's happening now?

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Girlfriend was in the city for surgery on Friday. Went down on Thursday night, slept in the hotel room on the floor (it was one bed and her parents were there). Go to the hospital the next morning, doctor asks us all to leave the room. Leave (except for my girlfriend) we go back in and her Mom asks "What was that about?" girlfriend responds, "Well, apparently I'm pregnant." Surgery got cancelled and now my poor girlfriend is having to make the choice of whether she wants to keep the baby or not. Personally I don't think we're financially sound enough to have a child and she doesn't think so either, but she's finding that when it's growing in YOUR body it's a tough choice to make. Told her that I trusted her to do whatever she felt was the right choice for both of us, and that since it is her body I'll be behind whatever choice she makes. Interesting few days!

Also, I went to the Nintendo World store for the first time in almost 10 years AND went to the Museum of Natural History and got to see the show inside the Heliosphere. Neil deGrasse Tyson did not make an appearance, so I couldn't confirm if the source of the Universe's dark matter laid within his mustache.

Had to edit the post to include some fun stuff.
    Last edited by TGIMUNDAY; 08-27-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

A lot of people don't feel and aren't financially ready to have a kid when it happens. Ultimately, it depends on age as much as anything. If you aren't ready by mid 20s you can either knuckle down and go all in to finding more/different ways to up your income or might just give up and admit you're never going to want kids that badly.

My sister found out she was pregnant right after breaking it off with an abusive spouse and more than halfway through law school. She ended it, finished school, re married, and did OK financially but couldn't have a kid with that guy. She divorced him and went back with the guy who hit her and they had a kid together. I was pretty skeptical, but that was almost 20 years ago, the kid graduated high school last June and my brother in law hasn't ever hit her again as far as I know. So, either road is doable, but my sister was and still is still a little emotionally messed up over ending the first pregnancy even though she eventually ended up back with the guy and they had another change they took advantage of.

That's a pretty heavy decision to be made there and either way things will be very tough to navigate, either choice will leave lifelong lasting feelings and hardships..

God

Ive had one pregnancy scare in my life and i was praying the girl would make the right decision....It happened in Canada with a girl i wasnt overly that into, just sleeping with but it wasnt going anywhere. She made me sweat it for a while but didnt end up having it. Thank christ. Would have been selfish to bring a kid into the world with two non financially secure parents who dont love eachother and where im not gonna be here forever, eventually im going back to Australia, scary times.

best of luck on whatever decision is made TGI, big love buddy

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

A lot of people don't feel and aren't financially ready to have a kid when it happens. Ultimately, it depends on age as much as anything. If you aren't ready by mid 20s you can either knuckle down and go all in to finding more/different ways to up your income or might just give up and admit you're never going to want kids that badly.

My sister found out she was pregnant right after breaking it off with an abusive spouse and more than halfway through law school. She ended it, finished school, re married, and did OK financially but couldn't have a kid with that guy. She divorced him and went back with the guy who hit her and they had a kid together. I was pretty skeptical, but that was almost 20 years ago, the kid graduated high school last June and my brother in law hasn't ever hit her again as far as I know. So, either road is doable, but my sister was and still is still a little emotionally messed up over ending the first pregnancy even though she eventually ended up back with the guy and they had another change they took advantage of.

That's a pretty heavy decision to be made there and either way things will be very tough to navigate, either choice will leave lifelong lasting feelings and hardships..
    I know it's probably going to be something she thinks about for a while. I told her that I would support whatever decision she made. I do honestly think I'm going to marry her some day, but she needs to get her surgeries taken care, we need to find a place together, she needs a better paying job as the one she's in she's only in for the health insurance FOR her surgery. It's weird. After her surgeries are all said and done I told her I'd put out all the money for a place, she's very independent though and doesn't want what she feels is a handout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Ive had one pregnancy scare in my life and i was praying the girl would make the right decision....It happened in Canada with a girl i wasnt overly that into, just sleeping with but it wasnt going anywhere. She made me sweat it for a while but didnt end up having it. Thank christ. Would have been selfish to bring a kid into the world with two non financially secure parents who dont love eachother and where im not gonna be here forever, eventually im going back to Australia, scary times.

best of luck on whatever decision is made TGI, big love buddy
    This is my 2nd pregnancy scare... I just love boning without a condom... Haha. Big love back my friend from across the world who is usually in Canada!

ON ANOTHER NOTE. How come nobody from here has ever made a closed group for Skaterscafe on Facebook? I know I'm on the page for Skaterscafe, but that's pretty dead.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Retired Staff

One of the things that frosts my ass about so called "Pro Lifers" is they seem to act like ending a pregnancy is the easiest thing in the world.

I'm glad my girlfriend has an IUD. Personally though I think if we did have kids they would be beautiful little mutants. I'm not pulling a Donald Trump but I tested a 138 IQ when I was in 8th grade and my girlfriend has a photographic memory and handles high asset divorces for a living.

C/S,
    Rev J