• Still no

9 7.26%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.23%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.39%
  • Zombie from long ago

23 18.55%
Page 3012 of 3030 FirstFirst ... 20122512291229623002301030113012301330143022 ... LastLast
Results 60,221 to 60,240 of 60587

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

I went down a YouTube rabbit hole yesterday that consisted of mid-00's emo music. My inner hesher wanted to turn in my baggy pants and trucker hat.

Retired Staff

Baggy shorts and trucker hat. I guess it's a short jump from hesh to redneck.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

An old homie of mine just went pro for Zero, he crushes... Check out his new part

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/arti...our-head-part/

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Baggy shorts and trucker hat. I guess it's a short jump from hesh to redneck.
    There was a fine line between redneck, classic rocker, and metalhead when I was in high school. Baggy shorts and a cutoff flannel was redneck; baggy jeans and full sleeves was rocker; and if any part of that outfit was black, it was metalhead. Heshers, in my little pocket of suburbia, had long hair and occasionally did DIY custom-made nuthuggers. While the classic rocker also had long hair, the rocker usually combed his hair forward, a'la the Ramones.

What I'm really getting at is that baggy pants, flannels, and trucker hats were incredibly fashionable when I was in high school.

The only cliques that didn't wear jeans, flannels, and trucker hats were emo kids (who wore colored bandanas or suits), jocks (always in some sort of team gear), or nerds (dressed like Jerry Seinfeld).

Retired Staff

I was doing the Eddie Vedder look (Flannel, cut off army pants, combat boots, long hair) before Eddie Vedder.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    An old homie of mine just went pro for Zero, he crushes... Check out his new part

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/arti...our-head-part/
    WIMER!!!! dude has a lot of ties to my hometown too. small world!

Skate Pirate

I was doing the Eddie Vedder look (Flannel, cut off army pants, combat boots, long hair) before Eddie Vedder.
    I was

er...

still am rocking that look far after it stopped being cool

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I was

er...

still am rocking that look far after it stopped being cool
    My current look is a mix between hippie, skate punk, low budget rock star, and watino (wannabe Latino) gangsta. I've also got a beard and a serious set of Rob Zombie dreads. I think you've seen some pictures of me that I've posted on Twitter.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

leaving for another tour tomorrow!

Skate Pirate

My current look is a mix between hippie, skate punk, low budget rock star, and watino (wannabe Latino) gangsta. I've also got a beard and a serious set of Rob Zombie dreads. I think you've seen some pictures of me that I've posted on Twitter.
    A few years back, I had a job that required meticulous grooming...as in, they'd actually measure your facial hair and make you sign a waiver if it got too long. Part of the requirements were that your hair had to be impeccably combed and styled. I realized that, when I combed my hair just right, I bore a resemblance to Buddy Holly. So, I rolled with it, and began fashioning my style after musicians. I've been wearing my hair sort of in a pompadour, and styling my wardrobe loosely around rockabilly motifs. I can actually fudge a few extra weeks out of a haircut, because when it gets too long and I'm still slicking it back, I look like a 70's country singer (especially when coupled with pearl snap Western shirts).

Caveman

After a nearly 2 week stretch of bad air due to all of the smoke from the Camp fire, it finally rained. The air's cleaner than it's been in a long time. For a couple of weeks, the recommendation was to stay indoors and if outside, use a N95 mask.

Really just dropped in to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving with friends and family. If you don't happen to be American, you now have another excuse to party, right?

Skate on and have a good one.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    A few years back, I had a job that required meticulous grooming...as in, they'd actually measure your facial hair and make you sign a waiver if it got too long. Part of the requirements were that your hair had to be impeccably combed and styled. I realized that, when I combed my hair just right, I bore a resemblance to Buddy Holly. So, I rolled with it, and began fashioning my style after musicians. I've been wearing my hair sort of in a pompadour, and styling my wardrobe loosely around rockabilly motifs. I can actually fudge a few extra weeks out of a haircut, because when it gets too long and I'm still slicking it back, I look like a 70's country singer (especially when coupled with pearl snap Western shirts).
    I used to make my ex crack up by imitating Conway Twitty.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I used to make my ex crack up by imitating Conway Twitty.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Its been a few years since I listened to Alice's Restaurant. We played it very Thanksgiving since the early `70's. Still have the album, but no turntable...

I hope y'all don't mind my multiple posts. Need to pad the post count so I can post pics.

My style is kind of old hippy/surfer look. Started growing my hair again 3 years ago, will post pics when can..

My go to board of about 30 I own is a carbonfiber Roe, 36" with 77mm Centrax, 73a in classic formula. Setup as a GS slalom board.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by gotants View Post
    My go to board of about 30 I own is a carbonfiber Roe, 36" with 77mm Centrax, 73a in classic formula. Setup as a GS slalom board.
    I've got a Sk8kings Maximus that tried to kill me a few years ago. I don't race slalom, but have it set up as sort of a casual pumper.

Global Moderator

Got ran off the road into two feet of snow in Kansas the other day. Tow trucks decided to hitch onto our goddamn trailer hitch, and destroyed our axle. What's normally a 7 hour ish drive from Lawrence to Denver turned into 36 hours, and then we had to go all the way from denver to sacramento in one day (21 hour drive), then all the way from sacramento to vegas.......and it just keeps going on. Hometown show in phoenix tonight, then all the way to goddamn san antonio. then later, houston tx to destin Fl, then Tampa to Atlanta, then Atlanta to NYC, then worcester MA to Lynchburg VA.....routing on this tour is so fucked.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Got ran off the road into two feet of snow in Kansas the other day. Tow trucks decided to hitch onto our goddamn trailer hitch, and destroyed our axle. What's normally a 7 hour ish drive from Lawrence to Denver turned into 36 hours, and then we had to go all the way from denver to sacramento in one day (21 hour drive), then all the way from sacramento to vegas.......and it just keeps going on. Hometown show in phoenix tonight, then all the way to goddamn san antonio. then later, houston tx to destin Fl, then Tampa to Atlanta, then Atlanta to NYC, then worcester MA to Lynchburg VA.....routing on this tour is so fucked.
    Was whoever booked that tour on drugs?

C/S,
    Rev J