• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3042 of 3094 FirstFirst ... 204225422942299230323040304130423043304430523092 ... LastLast
Results 60,821 to 60,840 of 61861

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

That was a good one. When it's not getting preachy Death Or Prison Eventually (Hosoi, Adams, Martinez, Logan) was a good one. After they all got clean and found Jesus it kinda got preachy.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Hey there everyone. Computer was stolen recently, and anyone who has ever tried to get on one of these sites on your cell phone knows how annoying that is....so I was gone for a bit. Back now.

This virus shit has put my career at a halt. I'm down $8,000 so far and losing more, that stimulus check barely covers what I still owed in taxes for 2019 so that's being mailed right back, and I don't qualify for unemployment. So, this has been a really fun month for me.

On top of all that I lost work events in Japan, Europe/UK, Australia and New Zealand. Basically, half my year's income as well as all of the only things I was looking forward to this year are gone.

So I'm a crabby guy as of recently. All phoenix skateparks are closed as of now, and my work at home is shut down. I'm just a sitting duck with no money in my apartment. Hoping things clear up soon so I'm not like...ya know...fuckin homeless soon lmao

Retired Staff

That sucks dude. I've been watching a lot of movies on Shudder and playing more bass. I'll probably start recording some stuff soon.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

There's a rumor going around and a TransWorld web article saying Jeff Grosso has died. No details. Calling this one an April Fools fakie. We'll see though. Hopefully it's a prank.

God

I think he passed.....

Damn trev, sorry to hear bro. All our skateparks are closed too, pretty much everyone in lockdown while im working away

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I think he passed.....

Damn trev, sorry to hear bro. All our skateparks are closed too, pretty much everyone in lockdown while im working away
    Well, so far still no other actual news outlets have confirmed. A couple social media sites have reposted the TransWorld paragraph. I'd think they'd very clearly state that it absolutely isn't an April Fools prank. It's indeed very tragic if it's true. TMZ is probably going to be the first to confirm it if it is legit. At the same time, I'd think they'd (TransWorld) shut down and come clean at this post if they did post it as a hoax. The tributes are very heartfelt.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    There's a rumor going around and a TransWorld web article saying Jeff Grosso has died. No details. Calling this one an April Fools fakie. We'll see though. Hopefully it's a prank.
    He was active on Instagram just a few hours before reports of his passing began going around. Don't know if he had health issues; maybe a sudden heart attack?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    He was active on Instagram just a few hours before reports of his passing began going around. Don't know if he had health issues; maybe a sudden heart attack?
    Maybe. Thrasher just echo'd the TransWorld post. Still really weird that no other actual news outlets have confirmed this. No other major pro skaters have confirmed it as factual.

I think it very well could be real because TWS wouldn't allow it to go on this long if it were a hoax/joke. But, is TWS even still in business at all??

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK Tony Hawk has chimed in. He'd have the connections and ability to confirm it directly with the family to be sure it's real. Didn't follow Grosso but it sure sounds like he was one of the coolest of the era.

Retired Staff

His "Love Letters to Skateboarding" series is great.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Yeah grosso def passed, seeing tons of pros chime in on it now. Grosso fuckin rocked, super huge loss for skateboarding.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Yeah grosso def passed, seeing tons of pros chime in on it now. Grosso fuckin rocked, super huge loss for skateboarding.
    According to Reddit, it was some sort of weird-ass complication from Rona...something about the infection causes your entire cardiovascular system to go into overdrive, so the symptoms actually mimic a heart attack.

Rip in peace, Grosso!

GrossoSlalom.jpg

Global Moderator

If my man was suffering symptoms that bad from corona idk if he would've had a video up like 12 hours before he passed away of him dancing around his living room next to his son

Can definitely buy a heart attack though

God

yo Trev, isnt your government helping poor fuckers like you who are out of work in this time? In australia im still luckily enough to be working but everyone whos been laid off is getting 750 a week payments from the gov and theres been a 6 month eviction freeze if you cant pay rent

Gravity Slave Moderator

It's going to be a looooooong brutal journey for this crap to play out entirely. All we're really doing is trying to slow down the rate that it cascades through the entire population locally and globally. We'll still have to keep up the distancing and no large gatherings restrictions until we either have an effective vaccine (impossible f it mutates like the flu) or until everyone, everywhere has already been exposed to it everywhere and either died, or survived building up antibodies to it. There hasn't been anything as contagious and deadly as this since measles. H1N1 was deadly but not as contagious. Even with the new test, you can test negative today, get it out in public from someone else tomorrow, and be contagious without any symptoms for days and days after that. No way we can have concerts and sports events with stadiums full of people anytime soon. We'll probably go back to most businesses re opening but everyone wearing masks in public in a month or 2 but the large gathering stuff ain't happening again anytime soon.

God

2020 is a write off boys

Gravity Slave Moderator

The year of no fun.

Retired Staff

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Gravity Slave Moderator

State parks are closed. We're still allowed to go to a few city parks. There's a frisbee golf course 2 miles from my house. Took my son there today and he did well. Been about 5 years since we tried to play on a camping trip, but got rained out after 3 holes bak then. Used to play more often long ago. Kid canned a 50 footer as we were finishing up. Beginners luck LOL!

Also hit this little bitch today for a few minutes. I'm actually getting a little better.. This was a couple years ago right after I finished building it. Sketchy as hell LOL!