• Still no

9 7.14%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.17%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.02%
  • Zombie from long ago

25 19.84%
Page 3060 of 3063 FirstFirst ... 2060256029603010305030583059306030613062 ... LastLast
Results 61,181 to 61,200 of 61255

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    All those, and Anonymous Man.. Dale's favorite ChiTownRon LOL

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Buckle up folks. Covidiots are now about to collapse the healthcare system in Utah and several other states. If it weren't for the election a lot of these states would be back to lockdown mode. But, until November 4th all they can do is watch the disaster continue to get worse and worse. Protect yourselves and I hope you don't need to go to the ER or ICU or respiratory ward of any major hospitals anytime soon.

Retired Staff

That's why I'm glad I'm in California. Even though we have among the highest covid infections we have among the lowest per capita.

We still have some Branch Covidians here though.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

The pandemic is a farce and a plot to strip away our civil liberties. Mask mandates are tyranny created by the left to suppress us and our personal freedoms.Thank gawd we have a smart, fearless and wise president that can show us the way to drain the swamp and eradicate the far left cabal of child molesters and non gawd fearing heathens all the while keeping us on the road to making America great again!

Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-26-2020 at 12:59 AM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Ohio's struggling. This state is in the purgatory of half the state being redneck and the other half being liberal. Hence about 85% of people aren't wearing masks, practicing safe social distancing, or if I can assume by how dirty people are in this county, probably not washing their hands either. Might I add that the pandemic isn't curbing the drug addiction problems in this tri-state area either. One of my friends has a traveling job through this family business, tells me that Huntington, WV and Athens, OH are like small junkie communes in the streets right now

Skate Pirate

Snowed last night. That means that skate season is over

Retired Staff

If I have the energy I'm going to try and start skating on my days off.

Once the rainy season starts I'll probably do more recording.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

Like always I find this dudes videos pretty solid.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    If I have the energy I'm going to try and start skating on my days off.

Once the rainy season starts I'll probably do more recording.
    Just a personal thing for me - skating ends on Halloween or at the first snow, whichever comes first. Skating begins on April 1 or whenever snow leaves the forecast.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Just a personal thing for me - skating ends on Halloween or at the first snow, whichever comes first. Skating begins on April 1 or whenever snow leaves the forecast.
    I hear that. In a couple of weeks rainy season will start here.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Depends on the climate where I live. Up north in wintery places there's a bunch of sand and salt on the roads from late October in to April until the spring rains wash that all away. Not good skating streets. Down here the roads are much cleaner (but sketchier driving when it does snow or ice up) year round so that warmer day is skatable.

Here it's only optimal to skate from March-mid November. There's that 3 and a half months of mundane, but I used to skate in the carport growing up or just grab a deck and practice tricks on the carpet. There used to be a guy about 7-8 years ago that had a building with a mini from an old indoor park that closed down about a decade ago. No idea where the mini went but that was some of the smoothest wood transition I've ever skated that wasn't prefabricated.

Here's a video of some random cat skating the mini I was talking about back in the day
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGInMlcoaVU

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Here it's only optimal to skate from March-mid November. There's that 3 and a half months of mundane, but I used to skate in the carport growing up or just grab a deck and practice tricks on the carpet. There used to be a guy about 7-8 years ago that had a building with a mini from an old indoor park that closed down about a decade ago. No idea where the mini went but that was some of the smoothest wood transition I've ever skated that wasn't prefabricated.

Here's a video of some random cat skating the mini I was talking about back in the day
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGInMlcoaVU
    The carport thing is where having a freestyle set up comes in handy. They're small, it doesn't take much room and even if you aren't into freestyle it is a good way to develop board control, maintain balance etc. In some ways smaller boards are harder to skate because it doesn't take much effort to get them to move so you kinda have to get zen and soften your movements. You have to develop finesse rather than strength. I kinda feel like Master Po here:

C/S,
    Rev J

I definitely think having a smaller size deck makes it harder; I always liked 8.25" after trying one for the first time because I felt more at home on it. (being a bigger guy) I skated probably 3 or 4 years on a 7.75" and it definitely helped me with bigspins. The problem with bigger decks is the under-rotation aspect. If you don't flick/shove/scoop it at the perfect angle it's gonna Fall trucks up or on primo virtually every time

Retired Staff

Yeah. When I get to skate I generally freestyle so I went from a 7.75" with freestyle wheels to a straight 7.12" freestyle set up and the difference was night and day. I'm thinking about going up a size since I keep over rotating shit.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

This was a great weekend for me in terms of ground scores. Yesterday just in time for Halloween I found a copy of Clive Barker's "The Hellbound Heart", today I found an audio plugin suite.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Remember the last time we boarded up all our downtown businesses for election day aftermath chaos?? Me either..

Retired Staff

It is fucking nuts. They're even securing the perimeter of the White House.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Nope, but it hasn't always been sunshine and rainbows in our recent history. I remember as a kid seeing tanks deployed in rioting hot spots like Detroit on TV. You can google that... 1967 Detroit riots.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

^^They talked about that in "Standing in the Shadows of Motown".

C/S,
    Rev J