• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3069 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 20692569296930193059306730683069307030713079 ... LastLast
Results 61,361 to 61,380 of 61675

Thread: Post your random thought.

Cafe Fuzz

I received my second shot (booster) for the Covid Vaccine. All is well on this front. Keep yourselves safe everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    I received my second shot (booster) for the Covid Vaccine. All is well on this front. Keep yourselves safe everyone.
    How'd your experience go? I heard that it has some gnarly side effects.

Gravity Slave Moderator

My cousin is a geek who worked on the Human Genome Mapping Project. They mapped the DNA of SARS COVID 1 awhile ago and that was used to develop the vaccine so quickly. Anyway, he just got his second shot and the random anecdotal evidence is that if you get the 2nd shot in the same arm you got your first one in, your arm will be sore for days. If you get the 2ns shot in the other arm, it heals up much more quickly.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya, i just had a chuckle thinking about the geezers and some fomls our age getting excited about "going out and getting shots".. That used to have an entirely different meaning that won't be advised anytime soon until everyone has gotten them.

Retired Staff

I still have to go get mine. Since I'm an in home caregiver I'm higher priority. It's just that I need to find out where the nearest site is. I cold go all the way to Oakland Colosseum but it is a trek.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Did the Freestyle section get nuked or something? I'm only seeing content back to 2013...nothing earlier.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Did the Freestyle section get nuked or something? I'm only seeing content back to 2013...nothing earlier.
    I think it was started around that time. There was also a longboarding thread that started around that time.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I think it was started around that time. There was also a longboarding thread that started around that time.
    The thread, yeah, but I thought the freestyle section was here for a LONG time before that. That's where I got my "wearing socks on my elbows" location inspiration.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    The thread, yeah, but I thought the freestyle section was here for a LONG time before that. That's where I got my "wearing socks on my elbows" location inspiration.
    The whole site got nuked, twice in two years. Not everything was recovered. That's probably what happened to that.

Skate Pirate

The whole site got nuked, twice in two years. Not everything was recovered. That's probably what happened to that.
    I wonder if the "middle east" thread is still active, where someone was arguing that "the Midwest" is actually the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming...and, since Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. are more east, we're "The Middle East."

The whole "socks on my elbows" thing was some posters debating over how to make it look like you were wearing pads in a skatepark, and which socks looked the most convincing.
    Last edited by rockst*r; 02-09-2021 at 07:54 PM.

God

one of these days im gonna kick pathtek right in the nuts......in a loving way, not a malicious way

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

I'm going to try and get my first shot tomorrow.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Oh hey there guys, long time no see.

God

hahaha what happened ? Noswitch messaged me this morning saying this place was done

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha what happened ? Noswitch messaged me this morning saying this place was done
    Ya Mike said he couldn't renew the domain because someone else owns it now. He owns the data. He said whoever owns may renew it. I guess they did....

DEUS.....EX.....MACHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.jpg

Skate Pirate

Ya Mike said he couldn't renew the domain because someone else owns it now. He owns the data. He said whoever owns may renew it. I guess they did....

DEUS.....EX.....MACHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.jpg
    Well that's depressing. Unless one of our own went rogue.

Gravity Slave Moderator

2021 seems like 2020 Groundhog's Day to me. Wife almost died end of 2020. Mom died last month. Today I found out our dog has cancer.. too old to be worth trying to go all in on chemo and stuff though. Surgery to remove the tumor tomorrow morning, full biopsy to consider if any cancer vaccine might be worth the massive costs. Dog is somewhere between 11 and 13 years old so plan is really just to keep her comfortable and put her down when she's no longer comfortable... unless she is a good candidate for that vaccine or something else that's not thousands of dollars.

Kids took the news better than I expected. They knew she is getting old and health is showing signs of decline other than the bump on her face we're having removed tomorrow.

Skate Pirate

2021 seems like 2020 Groundhog's Day to me. Wife almost died end of 2020. Mom died last month. Today I found out our dog has cancer.. too old to be worth trying to go all in on chemo and stuff though. Surgery to remove the tumor tomorrow morning, full biopsy to consider if any cancer vaccine might be worth the massive costs. Dog is somewhere between 11 and 13 years old so plan is really just to keep her comfortable and put her down when she's no longer comfortable... unless she is a good candidate for that vaccine or something else that's not thousands of dollars.

Kids took the news better than I expected. They knew she is getting old and health is showing signs of decline other than the bump on her face we're having removed tomorrow.
    I'm sorry to hear about all of that!

Cafe Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    one of these days im gonna kick pathtek right in the nuts......in a loving way, not a malicious way
    I will gladly accept it!
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Cafe Fuzz

So for more context, 2 years ago, when the server lapsed, the domain went up for sale. Someone purchased it. Whomever did, did a solid in protecting it, as I have the account under my name (the domain is separate).

Trying to get it back under me is an act of God. So if someone in here owns it great, if its some random person, cool too. I cover the cost of the server etc. No issues there.

So whomever is our secret hero, appreciate it!