Post your random thought. - Page 3077

View Poll Results: Do you miss 2020?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    60 81.08%
  • Still no

    9 12.16%
  • Meh

    4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

    1 1.35%
Page 3077 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 2077257729773027306730753076307730783079 ... LastLast
Results 61,521 to 61,540 of 61665

Thread: Post your random thought.

  1. #61521
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    ^Friend says the spike back down is because the delta variant spreads so quickly that everyone gets it more or less all around the same time, then there's not many places left for it to go once the majority is either vaccinated and/or has antibodies. Like, lock 100 people in an area, 50 are vaccinated 50 aren't, all the unvaxxed folks get it in the same 3 days bc it's so contagious, in two weeks that room becomes 99 people that can't catch it now. (Statistically, one of those 50 will die, so 99 lol). Doesn't have anywhere to go after that point. That's why the Delta variant shot up super high super fast then fell off super fast in those places.

  2. #61522
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    good advice trev....you are no longer shortys_kid, you are now Shortys_man.

    Australia handled covid so good last year that we got to live free and normal for the past year, weve only just got back into lockdown the past month cause the delta variant spread and shit went crazy....now our only hope is everyone getting vaccinated... My girlfriends pretty bummed cause she cant go back to canada to see her family until this shit is dealt with....We are on week 4 of lockdown with at least another month ahead of us....aint looking good for down under
    Man, your entire country reports less cases per day than just my zip code does, and 50% of us are vaccinated. You guys will be Gucci lol. However, your country's response is killing entire industries and borderline putting a lot of my friends on the street soon because you keep locking down over a dozen people nationwide combined getting it haha. You guys did a good job of keeping the virus out at first but you dropped the ball hard on not getting vaccines as early as you should have, and the vaccines you are using (AZ) aren't even gonna be accepted in a lot of countries for travel as of right now. Nationwide you have reported 36,000 cases total since the start of the pandemic, here in arizona we're at near 950,000 and we only have a little over 7 million people hahaha. I guess best comparison would be you guys with Texas since Texas is bigger but comparable population wise, Texas has had 3.2 million cases to your 36,000 so you defo did a good job at keeping the virus at bay for most of it but there's definitely some whack shit in the response as far as your government not really doing anything for anyone who works in any kind of environment where the public is necessary for it especially with how extreme the responses are for such low case counts

    My city alone reported 1,900 cases yesterday, your whole entire ass continent reported like 300 haha, it's so wild looking at other places numbers compared to ours. like half the people I know have had it at this point. Somehow, I dodged it, despite working 60 hours a week in public facing jobs with one of those (Whole Foods) never requiring masks or ever having any capacity limit or distancing or anything. It was a goddamn free for all in that bullshit grocery store the entire pandemic. Somehow, I never caught it, despite my area being #1 in the world per capita twice. But I was eligible for vaccines before the general public, so I got vaxxed back in march

    There has however also been some sketchy shit with our stuff, covid being written on death certificates of people who did not die from covid (My aunt last September, who died from cancer, has covid on hers), and multiple friends telling me their doctors told them to not get re-tested after they tested positive for covid because they were counting our case counts by positive tests collected and not individual new cases.
    Last edited by Shorty's_Kid; 08-09-2021 at 03:55 AM.

  3. #61523
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Australia, like the US has lots of people spread out across rural areas Cities aren't big on mass transit like UK and India are either. It will take longer to run its course here and get to all the people spread out in the farmland areas. Meeting up a church once or twice a week isn't as much fuel as packing trains and double decker buses twice a day 5 times a week then bars and pubs afterwards.

  4. #61524
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Don't worry NoSwitch we have that covered in the US... Sturgis!
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  5. #61525
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Don't worry NoSwitch we have that covered in the US... Sturgis!
    200.gif

  6. #61526
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Went to see Styx last night with the lady.. Really good show. Been so long even us geezers were standing and rocking for the majority of the event. Pent up energy from the past 18 months.. and a lot of drunk old farts hahaha.

    Anyway, some thoughts on the situation..

    Pandemic Psychological Challenges. First and foremost, I'm not opposed to shutting stuff like this down IF too many folks are still NOT taking the precautions available to us. If we're overwhelming the hospitals, shut it back down. But, last night's concert at the Durham Perforaing Arts Center was really nice to experience. Hope we can beat this pandemic together and SOON!
    There is something to be said about the psychological impact of this pandemic on everyone. About an hour in, I had a feeling I hadn't felt in over a year. Two thousand + people ALL just hanging out together enjoying the art happening on stage and in the air around us. Nobody cared what anyone else felt about politics or social or religious differences.. just everyone smiling and having a good time TOGETHER. Not a cure but definitely a treatment for the toxicity in society these days..

    Roughly 80%-90% of the people I saw were sticking to the mask rules. A few jack hats, most of them VERY drunk, did not. With vaccines and "good" masks available for those who want extra protection I'm good with some slackers here and there now. But again, if they're pushing the capacity of the healthcare systems shut it all down.. and say that's why we can't have nice things... AGAIN..

  7. #61527
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    ^The problem with the shut downs is it puts millions of people out of work, they're not going to give us unemployment a second time as they didn't give half of us anything the first time either, a lot of us didn't get the stimulus checks either because we're 1099'ers and had to send em all right back for taxes we owed, and you're not going to get those shows back because there won't be any crew or half the artists even left. Bands are already having a hard time finding crew right now, I've had multiple artist friends told me if another shut down happens they'll have to quit entirely, endless lockdowns hurts just as many millions of people. You shut down things again, a lot of us won't be here to come back, and your shows aren't gonna fuckin happen

    Lots of venues are already enacting rules where no vaccine card or no negative test = no entry. Close the venues who won't follow suit, don't ruin it for the rest of us. Don't encourage ruining millions of lives to protect people who don't want to be protected. I'm not going to become fucking homeless to protect some science denying neanderthal, and honestly man fuck anyone who thinks I should have to keep living the way I've been living the last year and a half to protect a bunch of fuckin neanderthals who trust Facebook more than science. You know how demoralizing it is to have your life and career ripped out of your hands by people whose incomes are completely unaffected? Having your whole life you've had the last near decade made illegal by decisions made from people sitting at desks who are completely unaffected by their own decisions? To see people you know agree with those decisions? I'm not gonna sit here and be friendly with anyone encouraging the ending of my career to be honest man, sorry. We're not on good terms if you agree with the effects more shut downs will have on people like me. Try thinking of rational solutions that won't ruin an entire industry and the lives of all those in it because they're 150% not going to give us any assistance if it shuts down again, pls and thx
    Last edited by Shorty's_Kid; 08-13-2021 at 01:10 PM.

  8. #61528
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Sorry to come in hot it's just so hard to mentally handle seeing all these people who are unaffected by their own calls, calling to end my career again. Our government wouldn't help most of us the first time and they're not going to help us again. I don't think I can mentally make it through another shutdown. Full honesty. I am the most depressed I have ever been in my life.

  9. #61529
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Sorry to come in hot it's just so hard to mentally handle seeing all these people who are unaffected by their own calls, calling to end my career again. Our government wouldn't help most of us the first time and they're not going to help us again. I don't think I can mentally make it through another shutdown. Full honesty. I am the most depressed I have ever been in my life.
    Have you seen what that neanderthal behavior is doing to the healthcare system and those who work there? I'm 100% good with vaccine passports for keeping everything open. But, without that being reality and seemingly undo able here for whatever idiotic reasons.. Stuff is going to get shut down in those places where the stupid outnumber the prudent. I have passports for my entire family. Every new round of this shitshow has me getting more serious about leaving. I'm truly sorry that the entertainment venues industry seems "expendable" at present all things considered. Fact is, there are millions about to lose their eviction and mortgage protection. Many of the jobs they did and thought would carry them through to retirement are GONE and never coming back. This pandemic sped up a lot of automation replacing service industry careers. My sister and brother also have most of their income coming from live music venue and performing gigs. Thankfully there is also some federal disability social security supplementing that. Brother in law works moving furniture when the gigs are not happening. My daughter has tried to kill herself twice since this shit started. It's impacting everyone pretty hard except those in total denial as mentioned...

    I hope you are reaching out and talking to people. We both have way too many friends and family members who couldn't when they needed to most. Sincere vibes to you and hope you can manage somehow with whatever happens next..

  10. #61530
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Have you seen what that neanderthal behavior is doing to the healthcare system and those who work there?...
    Excuse me sir, me and my clan resemble that....
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  11. #61531
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Excuse me sir, me and my clan resemble that....
    He started it.. but apologies.. to you and your facebook friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    a bunch of fuckin neanderthals who trust Facebook more than science.

  12. #61532
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    My perspective is that I was making more on unemployment than I was...well, ever. Divide my fed and state subsidies out over a 40 hour week, and I've literally never made more money than I did during the pandemic. I took a pay cut to go back to work.

    Though, I do see this as more of an indictment of the system as a whole - why am I, a college educated asshole with a STEM degree, getting paid more to sit at home and wack off than I ever have at any job I've ever held? Another facet of this lil' gem - at my parents' age, I've never made more money than them, even adjusting for inflation. I'm still taking home about half the dollars my dad did when he was my age, in 1991.

  13. #61533
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    trev coming in red hot


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  14. #61534
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Lol... no apologies necessary at all. I was trolling just a wee bit.

    Hey why doesn't my Parlor app work anymore?
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  15. #61535
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Bummer. Hope he doesn't hang on too long if it's that bad.




    It's worth dying just to stick it to DemoCRAPS?






    That's a good way to decompress from that mess..
    Yeah. My client only lasted a couple of days after that and the funeral was last weekend.

    For my dad it's less about the Democrats and more about "Muh Freedom" government overreach etc. I've got a born again Christian Trumpist coworker who said to me the other night "I'm not getting vaccinated because if god wants me to get COVID and die then it's his will and I'll except it as long as I don't get anyone else sick."

    Even though I didn't finish the Brats on the grill I did use a cast iron grill pan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Man, your entire country reports less cases per day than just my zip code does, and 50% of us are vaccinated. You guys will be Gucci lol. However, your country's response is killing entire industries and borderline putting a lot of my friends on the street soon because you keep locking down over a dozen people nationwide combined getting it haha. You guys did a good job of keeping the virus out at first but you dropped the ball hard on not getting vaccines as early as you should have, and the vaccines you are using (AZ) aren't even gonna be accepted in a lot of countries for travel as of right now. Nationwide you have reported 36,000 cases total since the start of the pandemic, here in arizona we're at near 950,000 and we only have a little over 7 million people hahaha. I guess best comparison would be you guys with Texas since Texas is bigger but comparable population wise, Texas has had 3.2 million cases to your 36,000 so you defo did a good job at keeping the virus at bay for most of it but there's definitely some whack shit in the response as far as your government not really doing anything for anyone who works in any kind of environment where the public is necessary for it especially with how extreme the responses are for such low case counts

    My city alone reported 1,900 cases yesterday, your whole entire ass continent reported like 300 haha, it's so wild looking at other places numbers compared to ours. like half the people I know have had it at this point. Somehow, I dodged it, despite working 60 hours a week in public facing jobs with one of those (Whole Foods) never requiring masks or ever having any capacity limit or distancing or anything. It was a goddamn free for all in that bullshit grocery store the entire pandemic. Somehow, I never caught it, despite my area being #1 in the world per capita twice. But I was eligible for vaccines before the general public, so I got vaxxed back in march

    There has however also been some sketchy shit with our stuff, covid being written on death certificates of people who did not die from covid (My aunt last September, who died from cancer, has covid on hers), and multiple friends telling me their doctors told them to not get re-tested after they tested positive for covid because they were counting our case counts by positive tests collected and not individual new cases.
    Although I read recently that the Navajo Reservation is completely vaccinated. I t kinda makes me wonder what they're doing right.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  16. #61536
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Bummer. Hope he doesn't hang on too long if it's that bad.




    It's worth dying just to stick it to DemoCRAPS?






    That's a good way to decompress from that mess..
    Yeah. My client only lasted a couple of days after that and the funeral was last weekend.

    For my dad it's less about the Democrats and more about "Muh Freedom" government overreach etc. I've got a born again Christian Trumpist coworker who said to me the other night "I'm not getting vaccinated because if god wants me to get COVID and die then it's his will and I'll except it as long as I don't get anyone else sick."

    Even though I didn't finish the Brats on the grill I did use a cast iron grill pan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Man, your entire country reports less cases per day than just my zip code does, and 50% of us are vaccinated. You guys will be Gucci lol. However, your country's response is killing entire industries and borderline putting a lot of my friends on the street soon because you keep locking down over a dozen people nationwide combined getting it haha. You guys did a good job of keeping the virus out at first but you dropped the ball hard on not getting vaccines as early as you should have, and the vaccines you are using (AZ) aren't even gonna be accepted in a lot of countries for travel as of right now. Nationwide you have reported 36,000 cases total since the start of the pandemic, here in arizona we're at near 950,000 and we only have a little over 7 million people hahaha. I guess best comparison would be you guys with Texas since Texas is bigger but comparable population wise, Texas has had 3.2 million cases to your 36,000 so you defo did a good job at keeping the virus at bay for most of it but there's definitely some whack shit in the response as far as your government not really doing anything for anyone who works in any kind of environment where the public is necessary for it especially with how extreme the responses are for such low case counts

    My city alone reported 1,900 cases yesterday, your whole entire ass continent reported like 300 haha, it's so wild looking at other places numbers compared to ours. like half the people I know have had it at this point. Somehow, I dodged it, despite working 60 hours a week in public facing jobs with one of those (Whole Foods) never requiring masks or ever having any capacity limit or distancing or anything. It was a goddamn free for all in that bullshit grocery store the entire pandemic. Somehow, I never caught it, despite my area being #1 in the world per capita twice. But I was eligible for vaccines before the general public, so I got vaxxed back in march

    There has however also been some sketchy shit with our stuff, covid being written on death certificates of people who did not die from covid (My aunt last September, who died from cancer, has covid on hers), and multiple friends telling me their doctors told them to not get re-tested after they tested positive for covid because they were counting our case counts by positive tests collected and not individual new cases.
    Although I read recently that the Navajo Reservation is completely vaccinated. I t kinda makes me wonder what they're doing right.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  17. #61537
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    The level of idiotic defiance to public health needs is astounding. It's no longer YOUR freedom when it impacts pretty much everyone around you putting them at well documented risk. I suspect the fact that we now have an ample supply of "good" masks and vaccine efficacy is keeping most who take it reasonably safe we'll eek on by while Darwin sorts out the idiots and their kids..

  18. #61538
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    Sydney is at the highest covid numbers we have seen since the pandemic startedm sheesh


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  19. #61539
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    At the ripe old age of 33, I had my first "smoke weed then order a burrito" night. It was amazing.

  20. #61540
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    hahaha my brother, good for you, its experience everyone needs


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •