North Carolina - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina

swansboro has no spots, avoid it at all costs

Global Moderator

damn lot of people from north carolina on here, I know tons of people who are always making trips down there to Durham, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Outer banks. I've only been to the outer banks, got a couple parks. YMCA, 158, the new aviation park, and manteo. But man just go to NC state in Raleigh I think it is, has some gnarley ass benches and has that big ass 3 stair that Chris Cole skated in his Fallen video part, and is in this video of a kid out of virginia beach. and most of these spots are somewhere in NC

Global Moderator

^Greensboro is SICK for skateboarding. UNCG is the bomb. SO many spots there, and they dont' care about skateboarding.

I also know that rail at :15 seconds. Pretty sure it's in High Point. Pretty much everyone that skates handrails around here goes there haha

Supreme Member

stay away from nc state unless you want to get your board taken
    There's a like panel of Judges in skateboarding you know? the dudes who deem its cool then its cool-Marc Johnson

Nowadays I just think its just what the biggest rail and who can do the most tricks. It's more like hammers hammers hammers on videos rather then pushing -Nate Jones

Watchin videos I'd watch more about people how they did the trick then the trick they were doing-Nate Jones

I spent a little time skatin in charlotte. Skate dowtown there is alot of crap to skate on. And its not a crowded city so its not to bad.

maybe rocky mount? honestly i've like rode around in the car seeing spots thinkin damn that'd be fun to skate but sometimes you think that then try it out and not so much. cops don't usually bother me though. idk i live 40 minutes from it anymore.

anyone know if greenville's got anything worthwhile?

also, when you say it's a bust what do you mean? like cops or people messing with you or what?

Supreme Member

The 3 block is at duke not state

Ecu has spots i believe

theres 2 skateparks in greenville as well i believe

When people say its a bust it usually means the cops will mess with you,threaten you and etc.
    There's a like panel of Judges in skateboarding you know? the dudes who deem its cool then its cool-Marc Johnson

Nowadays I just think its just what the biggest rail and who can do the most tricks. It's more like hammers hammers hammers on videos rather then pushing -Nate Jones

Watchin videos I'd watch more about people how they did the trick then the trick they were doing-Nate Jones

Gravity Slave Moderator

Looks like there are some cool features all around downtown Durham, especially near Chapel Hill and Morris St. Do the cops hassle kids a lot around there? I only ride at the park and on hills near my house, but if I were younger and bored I'd certainly play around on some of that other stuff as long as the cops aren't Nazis about it

Quote Originally Posted by Higher-Class View Post
    anyone around Durham? I'm 90% sure that I'm moving there in less than two years.
    The Durham skate plaza is dope... only thing that sucks is its across from a police station haha
    DeathBros

Quote Originally Posted by brainscratch138 View Post
    The Durham skate plaza is dope... only thing that sucks is its across from a police station haha
    Yea and the park says you should wear pads, no one ever does. I think the cops arnt that strict there though.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Never seen anyone hassled for not wearing a brain bucket at the Durham skatepark. I believe that is just like all other skateboarding ordinances. It is only there so they can kick out anyone they want to and have instant justification. I've skated lots pf places that have no skateboard signs in plain sight but no one hassles an old man riding quiet wheels that isn't grinding on anything, just cruising around.

As for the park, nobody will hassle you about pads unless you're doing other things to attract negative attention to yourself like profanity or fighting. Not having a helmet + sign saying "helmet required" makes it very easy for them to kick you out with no other evidence of any wrong doing..

Note, no helmets on kids heads there. Only us geezers wear them there..
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 05-21-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Looks like there are some cool features all around downtown Durham, especially near Chapel Hill and Morris St. Do the cops hassle kids a lot around there? I only ride at the park and on hills near my house, but if I were younger and bored I'd certainly play around on some of that other stuff as long as the cops aren't Nazis about it

yea there is quite alot of things to skate downtown the cops don't really harass us at all nemore. Before skating at the courthouse they used to but they could really careless. Some of the sheriff's are actually quite cool and didn't really care that we'd be skating there.

Is Wilmington doing anything for Go Skateboarding Day?
    Purple, because ice cream has no bones.

Skateboard Wish-list
    GFH Rising Sun
    Travel Well Bun Board
    SMA Hand-Stained Deck
    [s]Dunkees Fish (2, one for the wall, one for the pool)[/s]
    Snowskate
    Alva 77
    G&S Warptail
    ZFlex

if anyone is in raleigh, greensboro, or high point maybe charlotte(just kinda far) and is prettyy good. hmu at chris24541@gmail.com or 434 548 3889. im a photography looking to chill for a day with some dope skaters and get some shots.

Default Delicious factory

If you can get to Wake Forest, you've gotta visit The Factory Skatepark/Delicious Skateshop

www.deliciousskateboardshop.com/

2 Stories, indoor/outdoor, and its owned by freestyle legend Tommy Harward!

wake forest is close, omw asap....anyone else down?

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by crricha13 View Post
    wake forest is close, omw asap....anyone else down?
    huh?

I heard factory really isn't that great.

Supreme Member

it really isn't from the videos i've seen