Share your day of skating - Page 133
Page 133 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3123

Thread: Share your day of skating

Global Moderator

it feels so good to be able to go skate street after work again. met up with some friends today and skated for a little and then filmed 2 tricks and got my lens hit the hardest it's ever been hit, it's still good though. overall was a good little session

i landed a 540 big flip off a dock today, pretty firme guys (-:
    我很好,也我们不是

Boss

I wish I still had my board.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Boss

Cool chick gives me her Plan B board after I pick It up on her back porch and bust out a clean kflip.
    She was so impressed she recorded me doing It again and tells me she doesn't use It and that I can have. Sick chick no doubt.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

FuturePrimitive

^^^
    Nice!

I skated for the first time in a few weeks since weather and other scenarios kept me off during my usual times. I was rusty and really had my confidence low. Kept pausing to watch my friend Jimmy skate. Kid's so freaking good. Just murdering everything in the park. Sick speed lines and all sorts of tech lip tricks. Switch feeble frontside revert, front blunts on the flat bar, loooooong 5-0s across everything, high speed back smith grinds, pop tart to nose blunt stall...kid's a real natural. I remember giving him some tips on his 360 flips years back, and now he's so much better than I've ever been in my life. Great to have watched the progression.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Speed Junkie

Rolled my ankle last Saturday so today's skate session was a lot more low key more about speed lines and less about hitting tricks. I added 2 new lines that I had never seen before. Funny to hear 2 kids complain about me (and others) not stopping and skating the whole park instead of just one feature....I guess they have never been there during weekday lunch sessions
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

just been cruising to and fro work, since i ****ed my wrist up tryna grind a high ledge, started to feel better now tho, probly try some stuff today, all i can really do atm tho is like a kickflip and a pop shuvit, trying to work on the 360 shuv it but i cant get enough pop to get the full spin on it yet.

Found a pile of leaves and dirt by the side of the road and had a powerslide sesh in it with my friend on our longboards....it was pretty fun.

Got to skate yesterday for about an hour. Having some water problems in the deep end of the bowl.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

We're still digging out from a foot of snow here in MN, but I've managed to get out and bomb some hills and just cruise around. All the spots are under snow and ice. Put my OJIII hot juice wheels on my regular set up and I'm loving it. Thinking about getting the smaller hot juice wheels now.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

Speed Junkie

still recovering from a rolled ankle so I spent most of my park session just cruising
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Boss

I love busting out tricks on a deck with no trucks.
    Good times.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Woke up to rain as usual so had a carpark sesh with a mate who's learning to skate

Mostly just gave him pointers but I worked on my non-existent switch tricks and ended up landing a few switch ollies which was pleasing

It has been less than a week since the snow has melted here in south Finland and I found the smoothest stretch of concrete ever. Its an extra large - extra long "sidewalk" from black concrete, it requires minimum effort to roll and it is next to a suburban road. I had a nice warmup rolling session and worked on my ollies. I am so stocked!

I will definitely have fun this summer! F*%#$ yeah!

EDIT: Question; has anyone compared Bones STF 52s with a bigger size e.g. 56s? I was wondering if there is a difference when rolling on rough concrete. Obviously the difference is about 4mm but I was wondering if anyone has felt a difference pushing on top of cracks and peebles.

A larger wheel will roll better and a little faster.A softer wheel will roll smoother.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

I was going to skate and after walking to the market to get something to drink it rains. Couldn't skate at all.
    5/31 Psychostick

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I fell into the Pit of Carkoon while mountainboarding. It was a lot wetter and definitely muddier than it looked in Star Wars.

"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" - Sarlacc Pit
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    I fell into the Pit of Carkoon while mountainboarding. It was a lot wetter and definitely muddier than it looked in Star Wars.
    Some people have all the fun!

Boss

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post

"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" - Sarlacc Pit
    Are you being sarcastic? ^^
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Finally got a day of Skate in. Was able to cruise around a bit and practice Manuels.
    5/31 Psychostick