Share your day of skating - Page 156
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 3,101 to 3,106 of 3106

Thread: Share your day of skating

Skate Pirate

^^Hit that parking lot entrance yesterday. There actually is a hill there, but apparently my phone's panorama function distorted it and made it look totally flat.

Today, I just kicked around the block a few times and rolled around the church parking lot...just enough to shake the stink off and get some fresh air.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Not exactly "skating" but very much skate related. The two coats of outdoor paint and top ply was peeling and cracking. Guess the wet weather is too much for the curved plywood even with two coats of outdoor paint. I slathered on a thick coat of flooring compound and laid a layer of vinyl over it. Pretty sure that ought to handle the weather better.

Skate Pirate

My skate season is done

All of my ER trips (except one) have come between November 1 and August 1, or between the first and last snow fall of the season. Therefore, I do not skate after November 1 or the first snow fall (whichever comes first)...and it fucking snowed today. Which really sucks because I was getting back into skating, and actually working on developing my skills farther than where they had been previously.

Oh well, I've got a few designs for balance boards that I want to play around with, and my wife is working on an off-season workout regimen for me, so hopefully I can bust into 2018 stronger than ever before. I'll be turning 30 this year, so I've still got a few years in my physical prime, if I should choose to condition myself (which is something I plan on doing, both mentally and physically).

@rockst*r: Those sound like some pretty rigid rules... or maybe just good discipline. Are you saying that if you get break in the weather and the roads aren't too screwed up, you won't even go out for a cruise? I can see leaving the gnar stuff behind on off season because you need to be warmed up for that and hitting it regularly.

As far as being in prime years, for me those are a long way off in the rear view mirror. Good times.
    AOMoA

Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    @rockst*r: Those sound like some pretty rigid rules... or maybe just good discipline. Are you saying that if you get break in the weather and the roads aren't too screwed up, you won't even go out for a cruise? I can see leaving the gnar stuff behind on off season because you need to be warmed up for that and hitting it regularly.

As far as being in prime years, for me those are a long way off in the rear view mirror. Good times.
    Yep, not even a cruise. My first gnarly wipeout was celebrating a break in the weather with a little bomb around campus on a slalom board, during which I hit some sand and washed out, causing me to break my collar bone. The very next day, it snowed...it snowed so much that campus was closed. That fall, I was out bombing a little bike path in mid-November where I once again hit some sand and had the board wash out on me. Due to the tight corner I was on, the board drifted out, hooked back up, and sent me tumbling. I slid across the ground on my helmet before getting stuck on some grass and violently flopping downward, giving myself a wicked bloody hipper, tweaking my knee, and spraining my ankle. It snowed the next day. Finally, I messed up my face really badly (and broke my wrist the first time), again in mid-November, while bombing another little hill on campus, getting speed wobbles, and hitting some of that gross rubberized stuff that they use to patch up cracks in the road. So, I decided that it's probably in my best interest to avoid skateboarding when there's snow in the forecast...since all 3 of my skateboard-related ER visits came from "just cruising."

-Woke up
    -went to Uni
    -legs are killing me (joint pain, leg pain etc)
    -decided to use Longboard because just want to cruise to class
    I just want to be good at ollies and get over my fear of jumping on and off curbs, might go to pharmacy to buy omega 3/fish oil pills for joints and protein bars