Share your day of skating - Page 147
Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3133

Thread: Share your day of skating

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    How does everyone knows it's Five Guys? On Facebook everyone could identify it lol. It can get really awkward if you're skating the drop and there are Five Guys employees sitting on the ledge smoking on their break. I'll wax it next time I'm there, I've only been doing tricks down the drop.
    First go to home depot and get a rub brick. Make the ledge smooth, then wax it. Wax alone will get it slidy, but it will take a rub brick or time to make most things grindy. Trust me, you can make the best ledge in town for 12 dollars.

Speed Junkie

Salba Sauce (clear spray paint) works really well to make a smooth surface...especially before you wax
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar

How does everyone knows it's Five Guys? On Facebook everyone could identify it lol. It can get really awkward if you're skating the drop and there are Five Guys employees sitting on the ledge smoking on their break. I'll wax it next time I'm there, I've only been doing tricks down the drop.
    I have one relatively close to my house so I recognized the FIV
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

Speed Junkie

It rained last night so my normal sunday morning downhill skate in the graveyard was washed out, I know the park would dry out eventually but by the time it did the young rippers would have slept off their hangovers and the Groms would be out of church so I dug out my freestyle board in headed to highschool to dust off my footwork. OK so maybe bang the rust off it is a better description....I can't think of the last time I skated freestyle so I guess I felt like a klutz for a reason. Took a while to get comfortable stepping up to my rails though oddly I hit ever rail flip, toe or heelside. Hit a few 50-50's with a lot less effort than I was expecting. Walking the Dog was a complete disaster, fell in my ass trying a rolling casper made a handful of stationary ones...all in all not a bad session it felt good to play around.

Хой!

got rained out after 15 minutes at the park and no one cool was there except for this skater girl, she was aight

walked 5 miles home cause i waited across the street for the bus and still fucking missed it cause i dont have a way of telling time atm

Speed Junkie

an hour and a half of clean fast backside slappies, some sketchy no-complys and some really crappy Casper's. At least my curb is near perfect though I still haven't hit a clean frontside slappy

Thats Me!

went for a big night skate last night hit up a plaza under lights and then a few manual pads in a parking lot was good fun but i got home so late and now im so tired

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Quote Originally Posted by Xgecko View Post
    Salba Sauce (clear spray paint) works really well to make a smooth surface...especially before you wax

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    First go to home depot and get a rub brick. Make the ledge smooth, then wax it. Wax alone will get it slidy, but it will take a rub brick or time to make most things grindy. Trust me, you can make the best ledge in town for 12 dollars.
    Five Guys will kill me if I do this on their property lol, I need to go at night.

Хой!

All Five of the Guys will kick your ass

Thats Me!

nah he could take one down but then the other four would sort him out..

Retired Staff

Dude it's only 5 you can probably skate faster than they run. I'd do a little recon and figure out which of the 5 is the leader. That's the guy you want to smack in the head with your board before you bolt.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Speed Junkie

Five Guys will kill me if I do this on their property lol, I need to go at night.
    of course you do....all spot improvements happen at night hit it with the Rub brick before you salba sauce it

Thats Me!

went for a very hot skate today so hot we were the only ones skating at this popular park during school holidays..had a fun sesh and set up my new deck there and saw this little kid riding a chipped up deck so i gave him my old one..

he was so stoked and could not believe it, he set the deck straight up and then skated with us till we left..

Quote Originally Posted by stumbles View Post
    went for a very hot skate today so hot we were the only ones skating at this popular park during school holidays..had a fun sesh and set up my new deck there and saw this little kid riding a chipped up deck so i gave him my old one..

he was so stoked and could not believe it, he set the deck straight up and then skated with us till we left..
    good man. I would give you a rep for this but i have no idea how
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

Global Moderator

Weather's been great. Went out yesterday after work and skated this pretty gnarly bank under an overpass. Then it got dark so we skated in a park garage, pretty much just bombing hills and doing wallies. It was pretty fun.

It has been a long, miserable and wet spring and today was the first day of decent weather as well as being a public holiday. Saw lots of wobbly and out of practice skaters and longboarders (me included!) out today and it felt so good to finally get the board out of the cupboard and ride it again after so many months.

Hello folks, I read line in article - Turning Pastime to Passion
    "Skateboarding is one of the most adventurous and daring hobbies in the history of sports. Its even exciting for spectators, many of whom look on to witness often unfathomable twists and turns mid-air."

How you really enjoy skateboarding?

LeftLaneClosed

Quote Originally Posted by KitChase View Post
    Hello folks, I read line in article - “Turning Pastime to Passion
    "Skateboarding is one of the most adventurous and daring hobbies in the history of sports. It’s even exciting for spectators, many of whom look on to witness often unfathomable twists and turns mid-air."

How you really enjoy skateboarding?
    let me answer your question with another question.

For decades, nay, centeries, humans have had unfathomable questions they ask themselves, desperately hoping for an answer. Not for the answer, but just for knowledges sake. They constantly strive for more understanding and realization that we are, in fact, the smartest race of animal. So my question for you, bot, is simply this: what is the last digit of pie?

Boss

My buddy who I see more often now but for the previous 4 years had been with the Army came by In the morning yesterday. He was the first person that got me Into skating more or less to out do him, ha.
    Since we both were just starting out at 14/15 It was hella fun to just go around the hood and fuck around. Anyways he never skated pass learning how to ollie so It was fun to throw up a flip trick and stick It In his face. lol all In good fun.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Boss

Bro got this cool ass setup which I'll have to post a pic sometime soon of the graphics. Grip and board are tight.
    It's gotta be bigger then an 8 and has massive wheels to match. I see myself skating a lot more just riding down the street like tonight when I went to the station I rolled over everything with no bite It was awesome.
    Even If he takes It since he got It for the graphics It's self which I'm sure he'll just end up leaving It In my room to never come back for It I most definitely will be getting myself a new big ass deck with big ass wheels. So fun.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.