Share your day of skating - Page 154
Page 154 of 157 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3124

Thread: Share your day of skating

Retired Staff

Went to my favorite handball court only to find it fenced up with construction equipment on it. So I went to another spot that I knew wasn't as level and worked on switchblades and cross foot switchblades.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Got tired of dragging the quarter out to the street and back. We don't have a paved driveway so I'm headed in this direction. Took a couple hits at it like that but definitely need a few more feet of approach or a steeper start ramp or both. I think I'll go to Lowes and pay to have several full 4x8 sheets of plywood delivered and throw something a little more solid together. Will be nice to have some more plywood down to mess with easy flat ground too.

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK Lowes delivered 5 sheets of plywood, 12 2x4s and a box of screws. Here's what I did with it all..

I need a little bit more hardware to finish her up but this is basically what my efforts add to the Fresh Park quarter I already had..

It's a sketchy 48" wide but definitely ridable.

Beautiful Loser

damn, NoSwitch - the motivation it takes working on little projects like that so you can have something to skate. rad, keep it up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    damn, NoSwitch - the motivation it takes working on little projects like that so you can have something to skate. rad, keep it up
    It's funny because the project started with the opposite of motivation. I decided it was too much trouble to drag the quarter across the yard and out to the street. Initially I was just going to toss down some plywood on the ground in front of the Fresh Park quarter. Then, I started pondering how much it would cost to buy enough to add a small approach ramp.. then that became more of another quarter...

Funniest thing is that I won't be doing anything tricky.. just pumping backside kick turns for a few minutes every once in awhile. Really psyched to have a place to do that though.. It's raining now and I need three more panels and a couple more studs to brace the platform.. add a coat of Thompson's Water Seal, wait a couple days for that to dry and I should be good to go for a couple years.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I'm dropping in with no trouble now. However, it's too narrow to carve across the top. It takes a full, tight 180 degree kick turn to come back down straight enough to hit the other side without running off the sides. If you're at the top, I can't carve and grind across the top coping and make the full kick turn required without both rear wheels popping out over the coping disaster mode. If it were a little wider I could carve around the top with 3 wheels out and still make it back down and across. Also gives less time to pump being so narrow requiring such tight turns. Quite the challenge, still fun and added excitement.. and bailouts hahaha! Eventually, I'll get some GoPro footy of me flailing around.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Finished setting up a new mini cruiser yesterday. Z-Flez with Ventures and Penny 78as. This little bitch ROCKS!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Spent a few minutes on the new mini today. Getting better at dropping in and getting through the first turn, with 3 over the top. Not quite able to pump enough to keep going past 4-5 laps though getting better. What I have now discovered is my pumping is moving the Fresh Park quarter side of it a little bit, partially killing my down pump there. Best thing is I'm gaining confidence and not so spooked dropping in. At first I was wondering if I was making a huge mistake because I was actually pretty scared the first couple times I dropped in. Yes, it's tiny and I've skated bigger stuff decades ago, but I break a lot easier these days, balance is pretty horrible, everything like that goes to hell post age 50. I'll keep doing it as long as it is fun. But, I never was very good at anything compared to others who skated as much as I did or more. I've always enjoyed riding around, simple flat ground freestyle, bombing small hills, and minor park and pool riding.

Short answer... No! I didn't make a huge mistake building that little mini half.. Will keep working on it a little here and there. Too hot outside to work more than a few minutes here and there though.. And I'm too old and out of shape to push very hard at anything like that.

Retired Staff

Good for you. I'm still nursing a knee injury from 3 weeks ago. I fell doing some footwork trick and put my knee out. I laughed my ass off at the time then tried a rail spin and felt my knee start to buckle. I'm getting it popped back in at the chiropractor but am waiting for it to fully stabilize to get back out there.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Ive been pretty stoked on skating lately, been going out every weekend for the past month and a half without fail, even a few random weeknights when im not dead tired from work we go cruise, even filmed a few tricks here and there, getting the old spark back, everyones just building off one another with me and my buds, someone will land something sweet and inspire another person to land something sweet, its been alot of fun, getting hotter though, last saturday skated from 8 am till around 10 at night with beer breaks in between of course haha but came home with a gnarly sunburn, heres to a full summer of good times and skateboarding

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Couple photos of the mini fully completed, painted.. Bar across middle is just how I lock it to make somewhat sure neighbor kids can't easily poach it when we're not home.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Dr FG, probably the best, favorite sessions I ever had were when I was 20-21 going out after the party, after the bar skating to exercise and working the adrenaline to sober up before settling down to finally go to sleep. We'd skate until we felt straight or until the cops came and kicked us out of the same spot for the 2nd time..

God

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Dr FG, probably the best, favorite sessions I ever had were when I was 20-21 going out after the party, after the bar skating to exercise and working the adrenaline to sober up before settling down to finally go to sleep. We'd skate until we felt straight or until the cops came and kicked us out of the same spot for the 2nd time..
    Nice dude but i couldnt do that, after a certain amount of beers, i lose all balance and ability, usually we skate, drink water, stay hydrated then at the right time crack a beer while still skating and casually drink more while warming down then usually end up at a bar or just chillin at a spot sipping brews talking shit. Best days.

Retired Staff

I don't even like playing music if I'm too drunk. I'm also the weird musician who doesn't play stoned either.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK today was the first day when I had session where I was dropping in and skating my mini and able to pump it well enough to where I had a couple runs where I stopped, not because I lost my momentum, blew over the top, or off the side. I am now able to drop in and pump laps continuously until I get tired. Did have a couple blow outs over the top and off the sides, but also had some good runs where I pumped laps until my quads burned... which wasn't that long, but the fact that I proved I can still do it was quite satisfying.

God

Top feeling.

Skate Pirate

Dusted off the ol' boards today and got back for the first time, really, in about 2 years. I'm completely back to the basics. Who would've thought that 2 years sitting on my ass in an office would leave me fat and out of shape?

did two hits of lsd and went skating and tried to film a vx edit but got home and my computer is a piece of shit so i wasnt finna edit a vx1000 edit on my iphone lol but this a clip of my homie i filmed/edited trippin on acid yesterday xD https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQnNwxB...ecoldstunna316
    camera setups: vx1000/mk1
    olympus trip 35
    iPhone5s

instagram: @stonecoldstunna316

God

Quote Originally Posted by sit on my face View Post
    did two hits of lsd and went skating and tried to film a vx edit but got home and my computer is a piece of shit so i wasnt finna edit a vx1000 edit on my iphone lol but this a clip of my homie i filmed/edited trippin on acid yesterday xD https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQnNwxB...ecoldstunna316
    Haha nice, i noticed Get rad commented on your clip. You been to Australia?

my go skate day experience with homies