Layering?

Thread: Layering?

Default Layering?

+Rep for anyone who can give me a good link or an explanation for how to layer stuff in premier pro.

Retired Staff

I coulndn't find anything man sorry, I'll keep looking though.

Would you not just put one clip on video 1
    the next on video 2
    and the next on video 3?

I don't know anything about layers.

No. What I'm trying to do is take three shots from a tripod of three different tricks in different locations in front of the camera, and then edit them on top of each other such that it appears that there are three of me doing tricks simultaneously.

Retired Staff

What Skater14 said sounds like it should work...

ohh cloning?

like this?:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G_28mNRMrkk
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=i1YJ_RYwcow

ive got a tut for it, ill post it up if thats what you meant
    We really didn't mean to 'do a Nietzsche' as it were,
    and kill God, but then again, God's been dead for over three hours now,
    and things still seem to be going on pretty much as usual in the universe.

Retired Staff

I was going to say cloning too but i don't think that cloning would work, he has 3 different tricks filmed, cloning would make it the same trick right..?

the thread is down, but heres a shorter version of it, but its for sony vegas unfortunately

Alright, what you need: obviously Sony vegas, pretty much any version, important is that it can Pan/Crop, which is this little square on the top right side of the clip( the guy in the video shows it too), and you will also need a clip of yourself with these properties: it has to be non moving camera, meaning that you should use a Tripod or similar to make sure your camera doesnt move at all, and second, you should be moving either from left to right or right to left side of the sreen, make sure you dont go towards the camera.

This is what you do:
    You get your video, go to the pan crop thingy where you zoom in, click the box on the bottom that says masking so the check appears. Then you will have to go frame by frame (this is important, it takes very long but is the most important step to this) and create a mask around the skater in each frame, using the path tool (which i think you open by default when you check the box "masking"), and create as close to the shilouette of the skater as possible.
    Then you close the box, and when you play it, only the skater should be showing up, moving across the screen, with no background. If not, go back to step 1, and read carefully to see what you did wrong. Then copy the clip, and paste it as many times as you want yourself to be cloned. Put the clips underneath each other, in different layers, and in about 0.5 seconds distance to the above clip( depending on how fast you ride, etc.) Make sure that when you play it, none of the skaters touch each other.
    When you are done with that, find a short part in the video that shows only the background, cut it out, copy it, and put it underneath all the other clips, so they dont skate on black background anymore. And if you do all that correctly, you should now see the cloning effect. It takes ong, but its still the fastest way i know of.
    We really didn't mean to 'do a Nietzsche' as it were,
    and kill God, but then again, God's been dead for over three hours now,
    and things still seem to be going on pretty much as usual in the universe.