What part of Australia are you from..? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What part of Australia are you from..?

Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    Used to live on the North Shore of Sydney if it counts. I miss all the ledges and smooth pavement everywhere, there were spots everywhere.

Feelgood, you lucky bastard, I used to skate with so many awesome kids from around the Shire, sucks being on the North Shore, not enough cats up there. D:
    Yeah bro, it counts.

Which park is everybodies favourite?

The two best parks I've skated would have to be Frankston in Melbourne and Maroubra if only for the bowl.
    Peace and love.

My favourites, i'd have to say Monster, Slam factory, Berowra and my local St Ives. I'm dying to skate waterloo one day but I just haven't gotten round to it, it looks like a more fun version of Berowra.
    There's time to rest when you're dead
    Let's Live

Quote Originally Posted by bkolvolcom19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Sled
    Probably not. I think phlap is right. The guys would end up wearing tight spandex. That would be disgusting
    yeah but most likely if they have a mens skateboarding in the olympics they will have womens also...so yeah

waterloo, hands down
    love that place

Probably Bondi for me, so much crazy **** goes down between my and my pals down there, not even skating related. I skated that Berowra park once, it's so new and abstract. The tiny euro gap and the stairs are so fun though.

Never got a chance to actually skate Waterloo but I'll definately go next time I'm visiting. Everytime I've been planning to go there, everyone just decides to skate the city instead. D:
    :P

Probably Bondi for me, so much crazy **** goes down between my and my pals down there, not even skating related. I skated that Berowra park once, it's so new and abstract. The tiny euro gap and the stairs are so fun though.

Never got a chance to actually skate Waterloo but I'll definately go next time I'm visiting. Everytime I've been planning to go there, everyone just decides to skate the city instead. D:
    Bondi is fantastic . . .

If you can get a line in. It's so packed there, it's crazy! Waterloo looks good but far more street based, I'm more into ramps and minis and bowls.
    Peace and love.

Quote Originally Posted by pooldogfromoz View Post
    I'm from Lithgow in the wrong end of the Blue Mountains. It's a great place to grow up but a crap place to spend your late teens. We've got one fairly limited skatepark but your usual selection of Streetspots.

We have one kinda fun drainage ditch, some stairs ranging from 2 - 8 stairs and a handfull of manny pads but thats about it.

It a large town but a very small City.
    I was in Lithgow a couple of months back. Had dinner at an italian place. I could have sworn that I saw a pretty sweet flat rail. I think it was outside of a car dealership?

Anyways, I'm from Glebe, in Sydney. There is a mini-ramp a little ways from where I live and only a short bus ride to Waterloo park. It's a pretty decent street park. Too small though. I went there today, but snapped my crappy blank deck in about 15 mins. First time I skated it too. I'd have to say it is the first time I ever snapped my tail doing a front 180 flip. Usually, I'd get the nose.

I'm pretty stoked that I get to go skate my hometown park in Canada, in a couple of weeks. Thing is sick. Check it:
    http://www.coastalbc.com/skate/victoria.htm
    Last edited by TemperMode; 07-02-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TemperMode View Post
    I was in Lithgow a couple of months back. Had dinner at an italian place. I could have sworn that I saw a pretty sweet flat rail. I think it was outside of a car dealership?

Anyways, I'm from Glebe, in Sydney. There is a mini-ramp a little ways from where I live and only a short bus ride to Waterloo park. It's a pretty decent street park. Too small though. I went there today, but snapped my crappy blank deck in about 15 mins. First time I skated it too. I'd have to say it is the first time I ever snapped my tail doing a front 180 flip. Usually, I'd get the nose.

I'm pretty stoked that I get to go skate my hometown park in Canada, in a couple of weeks. Thing is sick. Check it:
    http://www.coastalbc.com/skate/victoria.htm

There's only one place that I can think of. A possible crooked grind but aside from that it's fairly un-skateable. There are about 10 of the little rails, all within a foot of each other, you'd have to pop out. That and the added danger of hitting a 20 000 dollar car and it's enough to deter most of us back to the small sets and the metal skatepark.

I'm not complaining though, we've got some great spots.
    Peace and love.

there is this sick as vert ramp near my school. and riverslide is good as.

In live in Melbourne (I cannot believe there is SOOO much more sydney action on this thread then Melbourne, thought it would be about equal!). I'm in the exact centre of the city pretty much, about a thirty second walk from Flinders St Station. This city is great for cruising around in, I don't know much about the parks and spots etc. as I only skate freestyle and the less people around the better But I've seen the riverside park and it looks pretty good, also pretty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanjatart
    Wantirna in Victoria about 1 hour drive from melbourne. loads of parks
    I used to live in ringwood/fern tree gully/wantirna and the skating was pretty good I agree. But you are certainly not an hours drive from Melbourne, not even an hours train from Melbourne!! I can drive speed limits all the way and get home from Wantirna in about 25 mins tops. You should come to the CBD more, its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pearso View Post
    My favourites, i'd have to say Monster, Slam factory, Berowra and my local St Ives. I'm dying to skate waterloo one day but I just haven't gotten round to it, it looks like a more fun version of Berowra.
    yeah the slam factory is ****ing sic I travel'd for about 4 hours just to skate there + few street spots in newy after

God

Quote Originally Posted by emenikmatis View Post
    waterloo, hands down
    love that place
    I love that a dubbo repper like you has skated sydneys local park and i havent ever been there

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

OOOOH My God. New park just opened in North Sydney and it's F*ckin sick from what I've seen on youtube. I'm heading out there tomorrow to skate it all day, can't wait. Doc, and any other Sydney siders, come out for a sesh with me one day, from what I can see this park beats Waterloo in it's on little abstract way.
    Let's Live

Probably not. I think phlap is right. The guys would end up wearing tight spandex. That would be disgusting
    yeah but most likely if they have a mens skateboarding in the olympics they will have womens also...so yeah

God

^ Im so there, im going for my license soon, so i would be keen to drive up that way for a sesh. Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    ^ Im so there, im going for my license soon, so i would be keen to drive up that way for a sesh. Got any pics?
    ****kk it owned today. Best park in Sydney hands down, everyone got out there today, about 100 skaters there, it was awesome. No bikers either, nothing for them to do there

I'm going back on Wednesday with a mate, we'll probably be there all day again, so anyone who can get out there, it's a great park, you won't be dissappointed.

Oh and if you wanna see the park, I haven't got any pics, but theres about 3 videos on youtube, just punch in Cammeray skate and there'll be a few there for you to drool over
    Let's Live

JeremeRogers.

****kk it owned today. Best park in Sydney hands down, everyone got out there today, about 100 skaters there, it was awesome. No bikers either, nothing for them to do there

I'm going back on Wednesday with a mate, we'll probably be there all day again, so anyone who can get out there, it's a great park, you won't be dissappointed.

Oh and if you wanna see the park, I haven't got any pics, but theres about 3 videos on youtube, just punch in Cammeray skate and there'll be a few there for you to drool over
    That park looks golden. I'm not much on skating parks but i think i'm gonna hit this park up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitta Blonde View Post
    there you go jaames... i voted for you!!

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

Quote Originally Posted by zerohalo21 View Post
    That park looks golden. I'm not much on skating parks but i think i'm gonna hit this park up soon.
    Yeah man it's crazy, where abouts in Sydney do you live?
    Let's Live

JeremeRogers.

Yeah man it's crazy, where abouts in Sydney do you live?
    I live in Penrith. Western Sydney

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

Quote Originally Posted by zerohalo21 View Post
    I live in Penrith. Western Sydney
    Ahh ok awesom. Do you trek it into the city much?
    Let's Live

JeremeRogers.

Ahh ok awesom. Do you trek it into the city much?
    Yeah man i work in there so everyday. I gotta start skating there more.

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

God

^ What do you do for a job in the city man?

Also pearso looked up the clip, that park looks so fun, me and ooder are gunna head up there soon for a sesh
    Merging doublepost
    Feelgood, you lucky bastard, I used to skate with so many awesome kids from around the Shire, sucks being on the North Shore, not enough cats up there. D:
    Where abouts in the shire did you skate dude?
    Last edited by Dr_Feelgood; 07-13-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost