The OFFICIAL UFC Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread

Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Lesnar won tonight, but in my opinion he still doesnt belong in the UFC. He took ground control but really, he didnt do a whole hell of a lot. A few hard punches and thats really it. He never advanced his position, he just laid ontop of herring. GSP defended his title, and as was rumored for weeks now, GsP/Penn2 slated for November in Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
    From what Tom said it doesn't.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

I just have a deep hate for Lesnar's "fighting technique". My buddy I saw the fight with liked that match too, but I personaly don't see how people can like Lesnar. His upper body is so huge that once he gets ontop of his opponent, in ANY position, the guy on the bottom wont be able to get him off simply cause of his weight distribution. Thats all that the Herring/Lesnar fight was. Les would throw a few hits standing up, take Herring down and pretty much lie ontop of him while throwing a hit here or there, but he really made no advancements once he was ontop. Sure, it's scoring him points, but it's not really entertaining.
    Now I know he's constantly learning better ground game, but at the moment I can't stand watching him fight. He's too big to be in the UFC

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Boss

I guess DT likes when a 285lb man is sitting on top of another guy. Jk haha.
    Lesnar vs Kongo would be worth watching.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

IAMCANADIAN

Lesnar fight was the best of the night, but if he doesnt work on his ground game and just lies on top of his opponent like that he's going to experience another 'Frank Mir' very soon.

Lesnar's fight the best? Far from it! I'd go even as far as to say the Kongo fight was better. The only mildly exciting part of the Lesnar fight was when he knocked Herring down in the first few seconds and herring did a backwards summersault or whatever it was. The rest of the fight was just lesnar lying ontop of Herring most of the time, not advancing at all. The Fitch/GsP fight was 100 times more excitign to watch, if not more.

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Boss

Boob.
    - call me Aj.

IAMCANADIAN

grrr, somewhat unrelated to UFC but Fedor vs Arlovski is not going to happen...apparently Fedor broke his hand. That suuuuucks

Fedor might be making the jump to UFC btw. His contract is only signed for one more fight with Affliction. His agents have been talking to Dana for a while now, but Dana's been a ****. Hope it works out though!

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

the pitbull vs fedor, hell yeah that would be sick.... FEDOR PLEASE COME TO THE UFC!!!! i am begging you to fight forest griffin and take his title

Lesnar vs Couture UFC 91. Should be uhh..interesting >_> Lesnar's like 5 times coutures size >_<

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Ray that lucky bum is prolly enjoying the fights right about now

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

haha this isn't ufc but

KIMBO SLICE IS FIGHTING KEN SHAMROCK on october 4th in the Elite XC

a no talent vs a washed up fighter in my opinion, god i hope shamrock makes kimbo tap

^ I heard about that. I predict 3 punches being thrown. Ken gets clipped and falls, end of fight. not cause I like kimbo or dont like Ken, but because Ken's no longer in his fighting shape, hasnt been for years.
    Now I gotta run back to watching breakthrough! see if I can catch ray on tv haha!

Just gotta look for the guy with the moustache

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Boss

Didn't the Iceman want to fight kimbo or the other way around. I hope they do fight because kimbo will get a taste of a real punch instead of fighting chumps.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

I dont think it matters now if Chuck wanted to take on Kimbo. After the KO he got from Evans, I sadly don't see him having a long career ahead. He's already 38, I see a soon retirement, atleast that'd be in his best interest before he suffers any serious injury fighting.

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Boss

I dont think it matters now if Chuck wanted to take on Kimbo. After the KO he got from Evans, I sadly don't see him having a long career ahead. He's already 38, I see a soon retirement, atleast that'd be in his best interest before he suffers any serious injury fighting.
    Dang i was hoping he would win. But yah, he'll retire a legend.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Evan Tanner died!!!!!
    Anybody that follows U.F.C. can tell you that Evan Tanner was a legend. He died camping, they say from overheating. I'll try to post more details.

R.I.P. Evan Tanner
    Merging doublepost
    Here's the link:
    Merging doublepost
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,419161,00.html
    Last edited by j-unit; 09-09-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Boss

Dang what a shame. I enjoyed watching him fight.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

^ yeah, which I posted about yesterday morning >_> check the news section next time bud

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

^ yeah, which I posted about yesterday morning >_> check the news section next time bud
    oops.