Freestyle gear you have ever had... and what you thought of it - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Freestyle gear you have ever had... and what you thought of it

Decomposed Frightmare Series Deck - Discontinued long ago. I took a long break from skating after I got it. Double kick design with rounded nose, squarish tail and slight concave. Really like it a lot but I have a feeling it's about to explode.

Tracker RTS Trucks with stiff Khiro bushings cranked down. Who needs to turn? Work fine.

Sk8 kings crown jewels - old logoless white urethane version. No complaints.

Sk8 kings skid plates - They do their job.

Bearings/Grip Tape/Risers/Hardware: Who cares?

Deck Custom 'thing': 2 (it was a bart-smit deck, bart-smit is a toystore in holland but i cut is out and it had a kind of 80s pool-deck shape, very awful, but good for 360s. very funny board because i learned to freestyle on it)
    Trucks: fake, 1
    Wheels: fake, don't cover axles 0.5
    All around: 2.5

Small School flatnose deck: 5 (good deck, but a little too wide to me. had a lot of fun with it, graphic was beautiful.)
    Trucks: ACE 11 freestyle: 4. (good trucks, nice design but too wide to me.)
    Wheels: Sk8kings crown jewels: 7 (good wheels, good hardness but theyre on the axle too quick)
    All around: 6.5

Deck: Karo custom freestyle: 8.5/9 (amazing deck. i loved it. bought a blanco custom shape from never enough skateboards, its my sponsor now. i made my own graphic on it, very nice, and pasted yellow and orange griptape on it.)
    Trucks: Independent 101 freestyle: 9. (amazing trucks, but one time one of them broke.... still sad about it, because they're not availible anymore.)
    Wheels: Powell Peralta rodney mullen freestyle: 6. (good wheels, good hardness but they were too quick on the axle.)
    All around: 9.

Deck: Tracker Flipside replica: 4.5. (i bought a blanco flipside replica from yoyo schulz, made an amazing graphic on it, it was SOOO beautyful.... it was only too small for me and i had no balance on it.)
    Trucks: Independent 101 freestyle: 9 (story on the deck before this one.)
    Wheels: Sims nitro: 7.5. (great wheels, only too big to me but they were very good because they were so wide.)
    All around: 6.

Deck: Kevin harris (original from 1986!!): 7. (nice deck, but too worn. i had it for free complete from someone who had it. had skated on it for about a month but not really exellent.)
    Trucks: Tracker fulltrack with plastic baseplate: 2. (very old trucks so very worn out. kingpin was so long that i always ripped my skin open with nohand pogo's.)
    Wheels: Sims rocco's replica: 7. (very good wheels. only a little slippery but they were very good.)
    All around: 7.

Deck: Tim Morris flatnose replica: 6. (good deck, very funny shape. had a lot of fun with it, but i had the same setup as from the one before this one on it. so that made the whole skateboard slighty worse.)
    All around: 5.5

Deck: Never enough Christian Heise feline model 2: 8. (it's my first double kick deck. very good deck, great shape and good size.)
    Trucks: CORE black trucks : 7. (good trucks! great for freestyle but they are actually for street.
    Wheels: Decomposed freakstyle: 6. (good, but a little small and they are too quick on the axle when doing much railtricks.)
    All around: 8.5

I just got the Never Enough Freestyle Brigade board with Film trucks. I gotta say it is awesome my Freestyle has improved a lot and I can now do no hand 50-50s consistently.

Thanks to Callum Bowran for recommending this product to me, well worth the money.
    People who should be shot:

Fascist Thugs
    Religious Fundamentalists
    People who write lists on who should be shot.

This is my setup right there vvv cost $180 but it is a great street skating setup!
    Deck = Habitat
    Trucks = Independent Stage 10
    Wheels = Bones STF 54mm (Street Tech Formula)
    Bearings = Bones Reds
    Griptape = Jessup
    Hardware = Shortys

Default Freestyle gear you have ever had... and what you thought of it

You covered some good points here, I think a meaningful response is very important for comments.

Oh.My.GLOB

while this thread is spam bumped, i would just like to say in terms of my all-round skateboarding switching my setup around to accommodate the Reverse Freestyle wheel was the best change I have made in years.

I ride a 7.875 deck with 5.0 venture lows and the Reverse Freestyle wheel (all hail the black wheel) and bones swiss bearings. the rail stability is much appreciated and the extra width of the wheel allows me to ride the narrower 5.0s without sacrificing ride stability as well. and not least of all they just feel really good to use skating around really fast!!
    "Hail Caesarean"

Speed Junkie

I tried a couple of modern double kicks before coming to the conclusion that I am too old a dog to learn those new tricks

Board: Mode Single Kick....it has a little concave and a little bit of nose rocker comfortable but still very oldschool
    Trucks: Ace00 Hangers on Indy Stage VI baseplates with Grindking kingpins (I really like these Kingpins hence the use of Indy Baseplates but Stock Ace00's work fine)
    Wheels: Momentum Harris M80's... these wheels rock, not as hard as the rest of the freestyle wheels out there. REALLY DEEP offset works exceptionally well on a 7" deck

Bearings: I usually use Bones Reds or MHS Blueballs with steel spacers
    Bushing: Khiro Purples

Last edited by Xgecko; 01-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Gravity Slave Moderator

I added a jawbone to this Mode that XG sent me. I also have different wheels on it, OJs. I haven't gotten to play around with it much yet, but the jawbone functions as a light skid plate and grab handle (not in photo). I just do lots of tail wheelies, spins, hanging ten, an occasional old school kickflip, sidestands, and just general farting around and having fun.

EastSideMofos

i have a arbor bamboo fish longboard

great advice!