YOUR Views On Global Warming - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: YOUR Views On Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by makotos13 View Post
    sorry to burst your bubbles guys... but the scientific community has just laid the proverbial smackdown on all this hype.
    Mmmm yeah... so much so that the scientific community presented Gore with a Nobel Prize

Rev.

Supreme Member

sorry to burst your bubbles guys... but the scientific community has just laid the proverbial smackdown on all this hype.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...sts-think.html

science for the win!
    I always love when the big hype turn out to be a joke.

"The ‘global warming scare’ is being used as a political tool to increase government control over American lives, incomes and decision making."

This is always back of my mind when it comes things like this. Once the big mainsteam media start spamming all the fear mongering you know the government is up to no good.

Problem - reaction - solution. Create a problem, wait until the people screams something must be done, offer the solution. And slowly your freedoms are taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank View Post
    Once the big mainsteam media start spamming all the fear mongering you know the government is up to no good.
    LOL, have you even paid any attention to the past 8 years of the Bush administration? They held a stance for the majority of their administration that there's no real evidence global warming is man made. They censored documents from their own scientists that said it was real and likely man-made. They even turned down participation in the Kyoto treaty. How the F is the government using global warming to control americans?? You all can't be serious. And recently, after all these years of denial, the Bush administration finally released a report stating that global warming is real with a probability of (I'm trying to remember here) 95% that humans are responsible for it. I posted the link a ways back in this very thread.

Global warming as a tool for governmental control... you guys really need to get your heads out of nonsense conspiracy theories.

Rev.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
    LOL, have you even paid any attention to the past 8 years of the Bush administration? They held a stance for the majority of their administration that there's no real evidence global warming is man made. They censored documents from their own scientists that said it was real and likely man-made. They even turned down participation in the Kyoto treaty. How the F is the government using global warming to control americans?? You all can't be serious. And recently, after all these years of denial, the Bush administration finally released a report stating that global warming is real with a probability of (I'm trying to remember here) 95% that humans are responsible for it. I posted the link a ways back in this very thread.

Global warming as a tool for governmental control... you guys really need to get your heads out of nonsense conspiracy theories.

Rev.
    LOL so NOW you're trusting information from the bush administration instead of the 650 scientists that are saying otherwise?

so lets get something else straight... first they censored documents and were trying to control the flow of information but now the truth is out there and BECAUSE they censored original documents (Which i've seen zero evidence of) it validates the original conspiracy theory as being factual?

...and you have the nerve to call someone a conspiracy theorist?

c'mon... i mean... c'mon...
    Merging doublepost
    Mmmm yeah... so much so that the scientific community presented Gore with a Nobel Prize

Rev.
    actually he got the peace prize. here is who gives those out:

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee is responsible for selecting the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates. The Committee is composed of five members appointed by the Storting (Norwegain Parliament). The Committee's composition reflects the relative strengths of the political parties in the Storting, and is assisted by specially appointed expert advisers. "

the science community?
    Last edited by makotos13; 12-23-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference. - Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life (1995)

the cross was not necessary because of the fall of man.
    the fall of man was necessary for the cross. - Paul Washer

...Meaninglessness comes not from being weary of pain but from being weary of pleasure - Ravi Zacharias

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

first they censored documents and were trying to control the flow of information but now the truth is out there and BECAUSE they censored original documents (Which i've seen zero evidence of)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc4OzpgTOhk

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1415985.shtml

http://www.naturalnews.com/020972.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15519947/

And even if the peace prize is handed out by parliment it wasn't just Gore that was awared the prize, it was he and the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which is a body of scientist's:

http://www.ipcc.ch/about/index.htm

and here, if you're too lazy to read:
    "The IPCC is a scientific intergovernmental body set up by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Its constituency is made of :
    The governments: the IPCC is open to all member countries of WMO and UNEP. Governments of participate in plenary Sessions of the IPCC where main decisions about the IPCC workprogramme are taken and reports are accepted, adopted and approved. They also participate the review of IPCC Reports.
    The scientists: hundreds of scientists all over the world contribute to the work of the IPCC as authors, contributors and reviewers.
    The people: as United Nations body, the IPCC work aims at the promotion of the United Nations human development goals"

Nice try though.

Rev.
    Last edited by Rev2010; 12-23-2008 at 03:31 PM.

global warming is fake hundreds of years ago it was way hotter than it is now
    global warming is fake
    Tricks for 2009
    Heelflip
    FS Flip
    Inward Heelflip
    FS 360
    Tre Flip
    Switch Flip
    Nollie Flip
    BS Heels
    More will be added later

Anyone that doubts global warming is ignorant - plain and simple. 95% or more of the worlds scientists agree mankind is causing a wave of global warming and the evidence is indisputable. Why is there the Kyoto Protocol treaty if it weren't real? There have been plenty of scientific studies, findings, observations, and documentation to prove it which is why it's so accepted as fact today. Even George Bush who played a doubter of global warming *has admitted on video* that yes, he knows global warming is real.

You know... how can anyone think that taking trillions upon trillions of barrels of oil from under the earth's surface and burning it and releasing it into the air won't have any negative effect whatsoever on the environment??

You talk about people wanting political power, get real man. The main proponents trying to play down scientists and say global warming is fake or isn't man-caused are people in powerful positions! Those people don't want the world to stop using the product they have money in - OIL. Do some serious reading on global warming. Try buying and reading some books on it that are written by scientists.

By the way, all of you with the opinion that humans aren't causing it are not scientists. You haven't spent your life or any of your time doing any real research into it so get real. I'll take a scientists opinion over yours.

Rev.
    I think that humans are partly to blame as we emittet so much co2, But I don't think that we are fully to blame.
    The sea takes in c02 and releases it when the earth needs it, but when the sea is frozen then it can't do that. We have had a bit of a colder spell for the past 30 years so more parts of the oceans have been frozen therefore the sea can't release the c02 so the earth would have slowly fallen into a ice age
    But because of us humans we were releasing c02. So the planet became slowly warmer (what naturly happens when the sea releases c02 )

So in realalty we have saved our selves from an ice age !

Hahahaha, I looked up Global Warming on Uncyclopedia and it said "Whoops! Maybe you were looking for "bull****"?