Skate as olympic sport - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skate as olympic sport

Quote Originally Posted by phlap View Post
    I'm against it completely.

Imagine a bunch of guys skating vert in skintight spandex, yeah, that's what'll happen.
    i have a feeling if skating was in the olympics.. spandex wouldnt be the attire for it. probably jeans and a logo t-shirt for each teams " uniforms ".

i dont know what i think about it. part says sure, part says no. i guess i dont care. so long as they keep it real. NO BUTCHERING!

No way.

ALL HAIL TO HANNIBAL! GREATEST MILITARY MIND IN HISTORY!

Veteran Member

id be pissed if they did

no i just can't imagine skateboarding in the olympics. it doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF? View Post
    no. skating isnt at all competitive, it wouldnt work at all as an olympic sport, and america just has all the good skaters anyway.
    itd bring more money into skating and stuff, but that would just bring skating away from what its all about: fun, and there would be even more kids just doing it so they can become pro and go to the olympics, not for the enjoyment of it.
    Yeah, I kind of have to agree with that one. It has no set rules, and if it were to be in the olympics, It would be considered a competitive sport, which it is not. It would give it a reputation of being competitive and not indivduality, like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by phlap View Post
    i'm Against It Completely.

Imagine A Bunch Of Guys Skating Vert In Skintight Spandex, Yeah, That's What'll Happen.
    Hahahahaha
    Last edited by TheNoComplyKid; 09-02-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/3adfc.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2r7aamb.gif[/IMG]
    360 double flip-------------no-comply 540 pressure double flip
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/chocolatesk8r93"]
    [SIZE=4]http://www.youtube.com/chocolatesk8r93[/SIZE][/URL]
    [SIZE="5"]RIP, Jake "JHH" Miller.[/SIZE][SIZE="1"] [[B]R[/B]ip [B]I[/B]n [B]P[/B]aradise][/SIZE][quote]Originally posted by [B]Scrub11[/B]
    I belived him until he said that he could lightslide my launch ramp.[/quote]
    [quote]Originally posted by [B]Noj[/B]
    Santa is my home boy. We kick it every New Year's Eve. Funny drunk, that Santa. Always a hit with the ladies, the old coot.[/quote]
    [B]If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then what is the opposite of progress?[/B]

well well yes and no. it would be a great opportunity for the ams to turn pro but like i dont think its competitive enough to be in the olympics, like the maloof money cup and xgames is enough in my opinion.
    R.I.P Showroom

Skatinnn jerseyyyy ftwwwwwww.

check out my youtube account.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/grapesodaisG

Probably not. I think phlap is right. The guys would end up wearing tight spandex. That would be disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by shred sled View Post
    Probably not. I think phlap is right. The guys would end up wearing tight spandex. That would be disgusting
    yeah but most likely if they have a mens skateboarding in the olympics they will have womens also...so yeah
    R.I.P Showroom

Kill your brain

I know its a taboo on here to admit but, most skaters worth being in the Olympics would have no chance at passing the drug test to get into the Olympics. Some gymnast got busted for taking some cold medicine (for a cold) during the last games.

yeah but as sad as it would be, i dont think we could do street or vert because america would dominate. like someone on the cafe said, freestyle would be good because its spread around the world. or we could do like downhill racing like tony hawks but realistic

Quote Originally Posted by bkolvolcom19 View Post
    yeah but most likely if they have a mens skateboarding in the olympics they will have womens also...so yeah
    Haha. I lol'd.
    Not all vert would be dominated by the US. Canada has Shaun White, Australia has Jake Brown, PLG isn't American I don't think, and I forget the name but there's that crazy Brazilian vert skater.
    There's time to rest when you're dead
    Let's Live

Quote Originally Posted by bkolvolcom19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Sled

Quote Originally Posted by Pearso View Post
    Haha. I lol'd.
    Not all vert would be dominated by the US. Canada has Shaun White, Australia has Jake Brown, PLG isn't American I don't think, and I forget the name but there's that crazy Brazilian vert skater.
    What about the rest of the countries
    The olympics has so many countries

As I said, North America would dominate, and maybe a few exceptions with other countries

wrong post delete this
    R.I.P Showroom

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post
    no, there's too many different styles, & if there's one thing that an olympic discipline needs, its a fixed style. all runners run the same, ditto with swimmers.

how would you like it if they made rules for skating that totally didn't fit your style? you'd be screwed
    /end thread

We'll leave skateboarding and the Olympics to the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yang View Post
    If you dare compare Pokemon with Miley Cyrus I will personally kick your ass. .
    Rainbow Club All Day.

RIP JHH

I reckon downhilling would be good, but for freestyle, street and vert leave it to the X-Games.

I suppose they could have skating in the olympics, they have a idiot that trains a horse to trot and like do stupid stuff and its a olympic sport.

I really don't care if it would be in the olympics or not. If it was up to me I would say no. But thats just me.
    SS

I don't see how its a bad thing. Its more exposure for the sport and as a result will mean the international skate scene will grow. It will also help get rid of the stereotype that all skaters are bad and may make people realise that pros are crazy good sportsman. To all the people saying that the skaters are gonna start wearing spandex, you can't seriously think they will.

It will be just like the X-Games but with the Olympic rings on the ramps.

Global Moderator

I honestly don't care. I don't want skating to get huge. I'm sick of going to skateparks and hardly being able to skate because there are so many kids, when just 2 years ago me and a few friends could have the whole place to ourselves. I'd rather it not be as popular.

But seeing it on the olympics would be pretty cool. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though, because not enough countries would be able to have a team that could compete with the United States, many not even a team at all.