Decks
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decks

Default Decks

i was surfing through forums and i found this thing about decks and thought it was pretty cool. i hope it helps out people who post along the lines of "what kind of deck should i get?"

POPWAR- Keep there pop for a long time, medium concave, one of the favorite decks on Skaterscafe right now. (Highly recommended)

ELEMENT- Ok, by what everyone says on this forum, don't get an element. not as much pop as other boards, odd shapes, they have alot of concave but the feel of the board isn't right. (Not recommended).

FLIP- These decks have great pop and awesome concave...while they last. Tend to loose pop fairly quick, and are one of the weaker decks. (Moderately recommended).

TOY MACHINE- Great board, nice concave, awesome pop. They last for a long time and are pretty strong. (Highly recommended).

DARKSTAR- Not and overall great board, pretty good concave and pop while it lasts. Board gets 'soggy' after awhile. (Moderately Recommended).

BLIND- Not talked about much because people know these boards aren't very good. Ok pop and concave, but they loose them fast. (Not Recommened).

WORLD INDUSTRIES- Same as Blind.^

GIRL- Good mellow pop, nice concave, pretty good deck all around. A little on the weaker side, but not by much. (Moderately recommended).

THINK- Good deck. Nice concave and pop. Fairly strong. (Moderately recmmended).

ENJOI- They sound like a pretty nice deck to the people that owned them. Fairly strong, good concave and pop. (Moderately recommended).

BAKER- A good deck for the short time they last. Nort very strong, but nice pop and concave. (Moderately recommended).

ALIEN WORKSHOP- Great deck, nice concave, lots of pop, strong board that lasts a long time. (Highly recommended).

HABITAT- Good deck, nice pop and cancave. These decks are nice and stiff and will last for a long time. (Highly recommended).

CHOCOLATE- Good deck, same as Girl. Mellow concave, nice pop, pretty flxible board though, not very stiff. (Moderately recommended).

ZOO YORK- nice concave, awesome pop, stiff, not the longest lasting deck, but not close to being ******. I loved my Zoo York. (Highly recommended).

REAL / KROOKED / RASA LIBRE / ANTI-HERO - Deluxe distribution, what else is there to say? Superb construction, shape, pop, everything.

KAYO boards (DGK, Expedition, Organika) - Kickass boards. Performs superbly, and lasts a good while. only downside is finding bigger sized kayo boards... kinda hard to find a 7.75 or higher. (highly recommended)
    [IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1158/maggie8up.th.jpg[/IMG]ahhh yes.

For Enjoi, they don't last very long OKAY pop, which is lost fast, and good concave

sooooo... basically popware is the best board out there?

what about zero´s? are they good? my friend had one for 6 months and its still like new. the tails are just a little bit chiiped thos. but other than that, it still looks like new.
    "Wear 'em with pride maaaaaann" - Skip
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2822/marcussig0nu4bh.png[/IMG][/URL]

that is a really good guidline for decks...everything sounded just about right..nice job man.

enjoi.

Nice post. Those sound right in my opinion. All except for Enjoi should have fallen under the smae catagorie as Blind and World Industries but thats just my opinion.

Cool, its very helpful!

what about mystery and Plan B ?

DRINKING TEAM-G.B.N.L.

( . Y . )
    ) (

^^^^ I have a Plan B now. I really don't like it that much. Here are the pros and cons:

Pro: - Nice shape
    - Good Pop
    - Good concave
    - Nice feel

Con: - Pretty Heavy (can definatly tell the difference between my Plan B and my friend's Popwar also b/w my CCS and my Plan B)
    - Doesn't slide so good

yeah i think we need to add in mystery and zero
    [IMG]http://images.ccs.com/ccsimages/itm_img//f3gb56012.jpg[/IMG]

soo would you rocommend toy machine or popwar more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner!
    Being emo is a diss? Jesus was emo, his love for us is why HE came! Is the world directing our opinions or HIS WORD? Is there not evidence everywhere of the lost?
    WWW.SWITCHSKATESHOP.COM
    Owned by one of our favorite members - JJ17!

more of a popwar person myself.

Really nice topic.

For my the best decks are Flip and Alien WorkShop, but Zoo York its very nice too.

zaDic

i recokn darkstar are the best for advanced skaters, but for bveginners any deck is good. lol
    " i think that when land it thats what keeps you going"

chet thomas

DARKSTAR??? DARKSTAR?????? i dunno, i dont skate Darkstars so i wouldnt know.

What blank deck would be best to get, I do want one from a well-known company. And dont want to pay over $40

Or I was thinking about getting a deck for like $40-$50 with graphics, the ones i am thinking about are... Popwar, Plan B, habitat, and alien workshop. Which one do you guys think. and what size should I get, I'm gonna be riding mini-ramps, a little bit on flatland, and very occasionally a park

^if you've got enough money to get a popwar then get one, there the best deck on the market at the moment in my opinion and are excellent quality, pretty good price too.As for the sizes it also depends on how long you've been skating, if your just a begineer i'd go for maybe a smaller deck (7.5-7.75) there also good for flips and freestyle. But if your more experienced then go for a larger deck (7.75-8.00)

Nono

What about birdhouse???

Quote Originally Posted by misled user
    ^if you've got enough money to get a popwar then get one, there the best deck on the market at the moment in my opinion and are excellent quality, pretty good price too.As for the sizes it also depends on how long you've been skating, if your just a begineer i'd go for maybe a smaller deck (7.5-7.75) there also good for flips and freestyle. But if your more experienced then go for a larger deck (7.75-8.00)
    OK thanks, my friend says that if your a beginner you want a board with little pop. Is that true or is is bull****??? He says that habitats are really awesome,

Quote Originally Posted by sweden
    What blank deck would be best to get, I do want one from a well-known company. And dont want to pay over $40
    I've heard nothing but good things about the blanks on www.blankskateshop.com. Also, look for shop decks at a skateshop.

Just stay away from China blanks.
    [url=http://projectusesoap2.proboards27.com]Skateboarding Influence[/url]
    [img]http://www.tedleo.com/black_logo.gif[/img][img]http://www.lyrics.com/d/dead.kennedys/fresh.fruit.for.rotten.vegetables.jpg[/img]

Why anybody talk about mystery or mystery decks are bad.

DRINKING TEAM-G.B.N.L.

( . Y . )
    ) (