Pro's That Don't Deserve to be Pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro's That Don't Deserve to be Pro?

i assume this is directed towards Bam

Quote Originally Posted by doogmah View Post
    just saying that I think that there's a bunch of ams trying to turn pro that can pull way better stuff than him.
    aight, heres the thing. as i said earlier, SKATEBOARDING ADAPTS!

back in Bam's day, the stuff he was doing was totally amazing! nollie down 15 stairs, lazers off grass gaps. stuff was sick.

to be pro worthy in this life time, you gotta ADAPT (key word), you gotta bring something new to the table. anyone can tre a 5 set. being pro means that a company wants to use you to make money. the only way your going to make money is by making skateboarding into an even greater sport/art/life.

Quote Originally Posted by doogmah View Post
    What? By saying that I was calling you out on your ridiculous comparison. Bottom line, none of the stuff that i've seen by Bam really sized up to most of the stuff I see by other pros. It's a matter of opinion really seeing as how this is an internet forum so the argument ends here. I'm also not really hating on him, just saying that I think that there's a bunch of ams trying to turn pro that can pull way better stuff than him. I've also never in my life said I hated Bam Margera for this one reason:

I also never saw the 411vm he was in or anything before the Toy Machine video, so admittedly I am a bit misinformed I guess.

age 14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWDMuYkp4yY

and just for kicks heres something from last month
    it suprised me.. hell he does sw bs tail in a line and some gnarly stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRBvJWscWr0

****, those last two videos completely destroyed my argument, haha. I had no idea that Bam kicked that much ass as a little kid, and that video from the Element site was better than both of his Element video parts combined, what the hell?

aight, heres the thing. as i said earlier, SKATEBOARDING ADAPTS!

back in Bam's day, the stuff he was doing was totally amazing! nollie down 15 stairs, lazers off grass gaps. stuff was sick.

to be pro worthy in this life time, you gotta ADAPT (key word), you gotta bring something new to the table. anyone can tre a 5 set. being pro means that a company wants to use you to make money. the only way your going to make money is by making skateboarding into an even greater sport/art/life.
    Also a good point. I guess I can't really pretend to know about a year in skating in which I was four.
    [IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/DrDreidel3.png[/IMG]

^^dam, gap at 00:57 was sick.

tough one..
    bam?
    maybe?

^read thread

I think there is a difference now
    being a pro 10 years ago is alot different then being pro now
    for example like rodney mullen
    he killed it when he first was pro
    but now since the style has changed and the new "era" has came hes not as much as he used to be

FuturePrimitive

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's all.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by oaksmen View Post
    for example like rodney mullen
    he killed it when he first was pro
    but now since the style has changed and the new "era" has came hes not as much as he used to be
    dude, rodney is 42 years old and still killing it!

hmm just reading through all the posts here i do agree with the bam magera bits... like he is definetly an amazing skater... but if you ask me very over rated... as doogmah said he got famous with all the jackass stuff and cky stuff.. my opinion, i dont think he is up there with the other pros like p-rod and caswell berry and so on

i give 2 thumbs up on Mike V and Margera. both great skaters, both have done their part to keep skating moving forward

Beautiful Loser

Those threads are always so embarassing.

Thank you dylan for showing that spanky does infact rock my socks

Retired Staff

Ridiculous comparison, where did i compare anyone? Think of when he went pro too, half of the **** people weren't even thinking about doing. You said the majority of the people on here aren't pro, you also don't think bam should be pro, a lot of the kids on here are really good and bam will still **** on them.

FuturePrimitive

I really think this thread and the "Who's The Most Overrated" thread represent people forming opinions which are either based on watching videos or on politics which don't involve skateboarding whatsoever. I guarantee anyone here who witnessed someone as gnarly as Bam Margera skateboarding in person would have a great deal of respect for him as a rider. Same goes for Vallely. I mean, when saturated with nonstop videos of the greatest skateboarding around, the tendency is to look down on stuff that isn't as technical or whatever.

A while back I went down to the Blackbox Distribution facility where my friend works and I rode in their private skatepark. There were six or seven kids who just work at Blackbox, not am or pro or anything, just regular Joes who were absolutely killing it. But then there was Australian pro Chad Bartie. Not a name people drop all the time, not super famous or popular, but let me tell you that guy is so very freakishly good. He skated so fast and technical and consistent. Videos and my words can't do Bartie justice.

Pros are pros because they earn it. Make no mistake about it.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

I don't know why I don't like Mike V, I just don't feel his style of skating, and I really don't like him as a person, and that's why i would say he doesn't deserve it as much as a lot of other people do.

imo..
    torey pudwill,
    not to be a **** but i dont see much out of that kid.
    he just seems like the biggest douchebag ive ever seen.
    anyone else get that vibe from that d00d?