I'm visting canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm visting canada

Default I'm visting canada

Hello canadian people, i'm gonna be in canada for a month between 24th of July and 24th of August. half of that on the west side and half on the east.

So what is there to do?!?
    Come on 'local' people! i'm gonna be around vancouver first then around toronto second. Could you guys please suggest things to do around these areas please (i'm not gonna just be in those states, i'll be travelling anythehellwhere. Anywhere good times are to be had!!)
    Much appreciated!

Rob

Go skate or go home

You old enough to drink here? 19
    If so, we'll go bar hoping and hit some parks. Will you be staying in some hotel? or what kind of trip are you taking? As you said you'll be traveling a lot, I'm just wondering

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Not sure of Vancouver spots, but I think theres alot of parks there.

When you're in Toronto go downtown to the SkyDome (now called Rogers Centre) I havent skated there but theres a nice bank to curb ledge. A ledge down an 8 and a big 13 stair rail.

CBC building is good too.

Im not too sure about security at either spot, though I heard a long time ago that CBC was no hassle and there's a ton of marble ledges there.

If you said you're old enough to drink, cover is $20 at alot of Toronto bars/clubs lol.

Check out this site, it gives you the closest subway station to each spot too..

I found a good site with more spots that I can give you, but I cant post URLs because I guess you need 15 posts. Email me at jeremiahsmith09@hotmail.com and I can send it to you.

Rob, you lucky lucky lucky lucky, bastard.

How much is this all costing you? damn that's gonna be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    You old enough to drink here? 19
    If so, we'll go bar hoping and hit some parks. Will you be staying in some hotel? or what kind of trip are you taking? As you said you'll be traveling a lot, I'm just wondering
    Yeah i'm 19, is that the legal drinking age?? thats a wierd age if it is lol. Cool man, i'm going with my friend and she doesn't skate unfortunately but i'm sure she'd be cool with bars and i'm sure she wouldn't mind either watching or just chilling or doing something else by herself for a day or two. Its basically 5months of a little world trip. I'm going to china, thailand, austrailia newzealand then canada. I set off at the end of march, it's gonna be amazing!:P. pretty much a month in each place.

Quote Originally Posted by jayess09 View Post
    Not sure of Vancouver spots, but I think theres alot of parks there.

When you're in Toronto go downtown to the SkyDome (now called Rogers Centre) I havent skated there but theres a nice bank to curb ledge. A ledge down an 8 and a big 13 stair rail.

CBC building is good too.

Im not too sure about security at either spot, though I heard a long time ago that CBC was no hassle and there's a ton of marble ledges there.

If you said you're old enough to drink, cover is $20 at alot of Toronto bars/clubs lol.

Check out this site, it gives you the closest subway station to each spot too..

I found a good site with more spots that I can give you, but I cant post URLs because I guess you need 15 posts. Email me at jeremiahsmith09@hotmail.com and I can send it to you.
    Cool man, but its not gonna be a skating holiday tbh, lookin defo to do some snowboarding whilst i'm in canada though! I was generally thinking of stuff besides skating like tourist or just sick stuff to do in canada. Thanks for the effort though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    Rob, you lucky lucky lucky lucky, bastard.

How much is this all costing you? damn that's gonna be great.
    Haha i know man. The ticket for around the world is costing about 2000 and then it'll average about 8 a day for the rest of the trip and i'm going for 5months haha, so quite alot. But i will have enough...just.
    And i'm going to andorra to snowboard in 8days for a week with my other mate haha well good. Thats costing me 500 including accomodation and brekkie lol.

Go skate or go home

wininipeg looks tight if you can get over there

angry, young & beautiful

toronto:

the path

city hall

the area under the CN tower is fun

theres this curved ledge behind finch station that is SEXY

13 stair at the skydome

not sure about vancouver
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by 01rmck View Post
    Yeah i'm 19, is that the legal drinking age?? thats a wierd age if it is lol. Cool man, i'm going with my friend and she doesn't skate unfortunately but i'm sure she'd be cool with bars and i'm sure she wouldn't mind either watching or just chilling or doing something else by herself for a day or two. Its basically 5months of a little world trip. I'm going to china, thailand, austrailia newzealand then canada. I set off at the end of march, it's gonna be amazing!:P. pretty much a month in each place.

Cool man, but its not gonna be a skating holiday tbh, lookin defo to do some snowboarding whilst i'm in canada though! I was generally thinking of stuff besides skating like tourist or just sick stuff to do in canada. Thanks for the effort though.
    You know we don't have winter all year right?
    You know we don't have winter all year right?

IAMCANADIAN

If you stop by Windsor (Ontario) let me know (seriously), we have a crazy nightlife here and if you don't mind being around people you've not met before then you'll have a good time

Oh yes, if you go into the CN Tower I'll tell you a little secret...the top floor is made of glass (strong enough to hold 14 elephants mind you)...now people are usually too pussy to stand on it, they end up standing on the carpet next to it...what they don't know is the carpet they're standing on is just covering the rest of the glass floor, I lol'd when they told me
    Last edited by razz; 01-24-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    If you stop by Windsor (Ontario) let me know (seriously), we have a crazy nightlife here and if you don't mind being around people you've not met before then you'll have a good time

Oh yes, if you go into the CN Tower I'll tell you a little secret...the top floor is made of glass (strong enough to hold 14 elephants mind you)...now people are usually too pussy to stand on it, they end up standing on the carpet next to it...what they don't know is the carpet they're standing on is just covering the rest of the glass floor, I lol'd when they told me
    Cool man, i'll speak to my mate and let you know(y), defo don't mind being around people i dont know, gonna be spending (hopefully) lots of the trip with just random people. also ha at the CN tower thing, thats pretty funny. anyway i'll let you know.

Go skate or go home

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    Ah, you got that right man. The Plaza here is sick, haha. Lots of random good spots too.
    [IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1988/thhd6.gif[/IMG]

is going cuckoo

Its basically 5months of a little world trip. I'm going to china, thailand, austrailia newzealand then canada. I set off at the end of march, it's gonna be amazing!:P. pretty much a month in each place.

oh god god god I envy you... I hope you really enjoy the trip, who wouldnt!

Some day I'll go to Canada, whether its on a world trip or not

sounds like a badass trip, will you have internet access while on the trip?

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    Winnipeg is sick man, come here (not directed to the beard, but you can come also, your cool)

Its a dump of a city though for tourism.
    We have LOTS of skate parks, mostly known for the Skate Plaza

This park is about a 20 minute skate from me
    http://www.winnipegskateparks.com/in...d=22&Itemid=48
    It is not as dumpy as it seems

Here is more Winnipeg skatepark info
    http://www.winnipegskateparks.com/in...d=15&Itemid=48
    www.youtube.com/ISkateAnything
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP_BOB_GNARLEY View Post
    I want Derrick. I love Canadians.

Hello canadian people, i'm gonna be in canada for a month between 24th of July and 24th of August. half of that on the west side and half on the east.

So what is there to do?!?
    Come on 'local' people! i'm gonna be around vancouver first then around toronto second. Could you guys please suggest things to do around these areas please (i'm not gonna just be in those states, i'll be travelling anythehellwhere. Anywhere good times are to be had!!)
    Much appreciated!

Rob
    There's lots of wicked places to skate in Vancouver, bowls parks street whatever. Check out PD's hot shop. Those guys can give you all the goods on what's current. If you can try to make friends (maybee even on this site)
    who live there cause it's a city like any other major in the world. Plus it's a port city so there's a lot of junked up weirdos. I'd hate to see you go home in a pine box if you know what I mean. If you for some reason make it to Calgary
    look me up. We can skate and if your at least 18 We can check the night life
    Just a heads up, Canada has provincees and territories, not states

If you goto winipeg dont skate with derrick he's a fag, hahahah. But if you do personally punch him in the face for me ! Also I live in canada, I doubt youll visit where im to but if you do then hit me up. Although im 15 (turning 16 april), not sure youd have loads of fun with a 16 year old :P.. Oh yeah forgot to mention I live on a island of the east coast of nova scotia called newfoundland. Its pretty small and we only have st.johns for a city. But its alll good ! Yeah states are to small for us canadians. We need provinces ! (Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotica, Ontario, New Brunswick, Quebec, Alberta, British Comlumbia [If you smoke weed this is the place to be! If you dont I sugjest you try it because its probably the best stuff you will ever have, hahah], Manitoba, Saskatchewan. All them territories I wouldnt visit, there ****holes.)
    Which ones you plan on visiting?

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by -Wings- View Post
    If you goto winipeg dont skate with derrick he's a fag, hahahah. But if you do personally punch him in the face for me ! Also I live in canada, I doubt youll visit where im to but if you do then hit me up. Although im 15 (turning 16 april), not sure youd have loads of fun with a 16 year old :P.. Oh yeah forgot to mention I live on a island of the east coast of nova scotia called newfoundland. Its pretty small and we only have st.johns for a city. But its alll good ! Yeah states are to small for us canadians. We need provinces ! (Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotica, Ontario, New Brunswick, Quebec, Alberta, British Comlumbia [If you smoke weed this is the place to be! If you dont I sugjest you try it because its probably the best stuff you will ever have, hahah], Manitoba, Saskatchewan. All them territories I wouldnt visit, there ****holes.)
    Which ones you plan on visiting?
    Kids, do drugs. Great exemple.

Remember if you're visiting Canada remember to bring a parka and one of those fuzzy ear flap hats. Also if your visiting now, bring an extra one hundred dollars,right now is beaver season, so the harpoon gun is definetly worth it. they're everywhere. Pretty good meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobies View Post
    Remember if you're visiting Canada remember to bring a parka and one of those fuzzy ear flap hats. Also if your visiting now, bring an extra one hundred dollars,right now is beaver season, so the harpoon gun is definetly worth it. they're everywhere. Pretty good meat.
    Don't listen to this kid. He is either 1 stupid or 2 a ****. The Beaver is not only a national animal but is also protected. This means if you kill, harm, or mess with one in any way, you will be arrested, detained, extridited, and since Canada is part of the commonwealth when you get back to the UK they will probably revoke your pasport and you will never see foreign soil again. If you do want to go hunting or fishing while you're here check into it with the appropriate authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerusRy View Post
    Don't listen to this kid. He is either 1 stupid or 2 a ****. The Beaver is not only a national animal but is also protected. This means if you kill, harm, or mess with one in any way, you will be arrested, detained, extridited, and since Canada is part of the commonwealth when you get back to the UK they will probably revoke your pasport and you will never see foreign soil again. If you do want to go hunting or fishing while you're here check into it with the appropriate authorities.
    What about shouting at one?

I'm in canada now! woo and such. Gonna be around vancouver and toronto and the surrounding areas and quebec. Anybody PM me if you fancy a skate, dunno how realistic it is since i'm always on the move, but small chances are always chances:P.

Rob

Go skate or go home