December 20, 2012 Doomsday theory. - Attempt No. 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 428

Thread: December 20, 2012 Doomsday theory. - Attempt No. 2

  1. #41
    Doke Smope SkateMore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Skater View Post
    You're missing his point entirely, life is all about experiencing things. Everything you say, feel, do, and see is an experience. I think he means that it would be awesome to experience the end of the world. I don't think he literally means we are going to be able to say we were there.
    Dude you just turned the end of the world into some spiritual thoughtful reflection on life...

    WTF?

    Maybe he just meant watching the whole world explode would be f.ucking awesome?


    "Man my daddy told me, boy when I was your age I had to walk 13 miles to school. I said oh, is that why you didn't graduate?"

  2. #42
    Packers arod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    The mayans actually didn't really say that December 21, 2012 was going to be the end of the world, it's just the end of the next great cycle. The mayans actually believe that the end of a great cycle is a great time to celebrate.

    The whole reason people think this is doomsday is because it ends on a winter solstice where the sun will be aligned with the center of the milky way, which only happens once every 26k years or so. Because of this sagnificant event people are going crazy dreaming up ideas on how the world will end. Just think of how many times this has happened and yet were still around.

  3. #43
    Retired Staff fmg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Alberta
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSkate View Post
    And thats why Emericaowns is in FMG's sig..
    dets roit!

  4. #44
    cheezits emericaowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mount airy md
    Age
    26
    Posts
    838

    Default

    your a **** dude.
    NEW YOUTUBE ACCOUNT!
    youtube.com/kaseygates
    youtube.com/kaseygates
    myspace.com/adios54321





    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

    click that banner and sign up andill give you rep.

  5. #45
    Banned
    RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkateMore View Post
    Dude you just turned the end of the world into some spiritual thoughtful reflection on life...

    WTF?

    Maybe he just meant watching the whole world explode would be f.ucking awesome?
    What do you mean WTF?

    Maybe he did and maybe he didn't, however that was the message I go from his post. What's it to you anyways? You don't have to share my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by emericaowns View Post
    your a **** dude.
    I don't even know you, but if you're in fmgs gallery, it's probably for good reason. Don't get pissed about it, improve your posts and perhaps you'll get rid of your "homo" stigma.

  6. #46
    Retired Staff fmg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Alberta
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,949

    Default

    Hey emericapwns, you are in there because you attempt to flood peoples houses with phone calls and then whine like a ***** about a telemarketer ****ing with you.

    I rock, you suck.

    Deal with it.


    BACK ON TOPIC NOW.

  7. #47
    overcrooked aandreww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    why does it have to end 5 days before my 18th brithday.....

    who actually believes this stuff anyways
    Procrastinators unite!
    Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    LOL. If I took everything on here seriously, id probably be 300 pounds and be cutting myself wondering why the world is so harsh, but then again I realize its just the internet and I really am 347 pounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn craig View Post
    i'm glad i read this, when i go to america, i was going to order a chode!
    <--WIN FREE STUFF

  8. #48
    Elite Member phlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanAmen View Post
    According to the Popol Vuh, An idiot... a book compiling details of creation accounts known to the K'iche' Maya of the Colonial-era highlands, we are living in the fourth world. apparently[8] The Popol Vuh falsely describes the first three creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world where men were placed. In the Maya Long Count, the previous creation ended at the start of a 13th b'ak'tun.

    The previous creation supposedly ended on a long count of 12.19.19.17.19. Another 12.19.19.17.19 will occur on December 20, 2012, followed by the start of the fourteenth b'ak'tun, 13.0.0.0.0, on December 21, 2012.

    ~~~~

    Long Count Calander

    The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from August 11, 3114 BCE in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar, (−3113 astronomical dating). Rather than using a base-10 scheme, like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a base-20 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40.

    The Long Count is not consistently base-20, however, since the second digit rolls over to zero when it reaches 18. Thus 0.0.1.0.0 does not represent 400 days, but rather only 360 days



    ~~~~


    Basically, the silly mayans belived that the gods made 3 worlds prior to the present one and after a certain amount of years each world ends.

    Sounds a bit far fetched, doesnt it? Sure does... Whats your opinion on the subject?

    Im just posting this because we had a whole discussion on this in class and all the kids in my school are dumb Agreed. and didnt have anything to back up their "OMG WORLD ENDING IN 2012!!!"
    My additions are emboldened.

    Y'see, the world will really end when 32 bit time runs out and reaches 999999etc...

    Think the millenium bug, but worse...

  9. #49
    New Member Sk8erJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    24
    Posts
    192

    Default

    The world isn't going to end. The Mayans were just polytheistic and were what some would call "savages". I'm not saying they were stupid, but notice how there are absolutley none left. They all got wiped out because they thought they predicted their demise so when trouble came along, they believed it was the gods will so they basically gave up and let themselves get owned.
    "Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese."
    -Billy Burke
    "If you examined a hundred people who had lost their faith in Christianity, I wonder how many of them would turn out to have reasoned out of it by honest argument? Do not most people simply drift away?"
    -C.S. Lewis
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
    -C.S. Lewis

    [url]www.wisdomquotes.com[/url]

    "so just throwing it out there, i'll believe evolution when i whistle dixie out of my ass and grow a 6th finger and toe"
    YourGuardianMarine [url]www.youtube.com[/url]

  10. #50
    La dee dah Qtip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aandreww View Post
    why does it have to end 5 days before my 18th brithday.....

    who actually believes this stuff anyways
    Haha, it ends the day after I turn 21.

  11. #51
    tical tical arto-geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast zoo
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,440

    Default

    sweet.. gonna get hustled out my own planet.. awesome..
    big l rest in peace

  12. #52
    Banned VanAmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denville, New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    Haha, it ends the day after I turn 21.
    Sweet, in case it does end, you get get wasted and w/o the hangover, lol

  13. #53
    Thrashin' Aaronnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A sunny place, for shady people.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    I don't really think anything is going to happen hey, that's me.

  14. #54
    New Member Steven(DDS)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ATL,GA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Omg! We're all gonna die!!!

  15. #55
    TNETENNBA shaneuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    I seriously doubt the world will end.

  16. #56
    Escapist
    SkateboardG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    **** it, Im moving to Jupiter i heard its nice there.

  17. #57
    Veteran Member Guerilla970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    117

    Default

    The Mayans would sacrifice its own people to there gods, and if you beleive in the bible its says that you can't predict the apocalypse.

  18. #58
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    cali
    Age
    28
    Posts
    106

    Default

    It ends the day my little brother turns 16 and gets his license

    Coincidence? Yeah

  19. #59
    BBS 303boards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    nothing happened on 6/6/06

    nothing happened on y2k

    what makes people think some unexplainable source of power will just wipe us all out?

  20. #60
    Metalhead. Skeeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    This is not a 'doomsday' theory its just a misrepresentation. December 21,2012 only signiefies the end of a Mayan time period or the thirtenth B'ak'tun ( i had to look up the word). A B'ak'tun is composed of approximatly 5,125 years and began roughly around the time the Mayans civilization started. Why they chose to do this in unclear but i have not seen anything directly saying the world is coming to an end.
    Keep it Metal

    How to Hardflip
    Skeeting all day erryday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •