Are you proud to know how to skateboard?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you proud to know how to skateboard?

Default Are you proud to know how to skateboard?

Do other people show a type of reverence towards you for being able to do it?

Not tricks just skateboard at all..

Admittedly after learning, it was fairly easy. But I think it's the fear of stepping on to the board is what everyone respects and reveres.

I told someone the other day I picked up skateboarding and he was like "oh no way! I'm way too scared to do that"

lol i know alot of my friends have tried it and failed or lied
    and they're like thats easy
    then they fall

thats why they scooter

but im proud of it
    and its fun
    thats a plus

To Skate, or not to Skate
    Stupid Question

No, I'm a menace to society.

And I'm a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by VanAmen View Post
    No, I'm a menace to society.

And I'm a terrorist.
    hahahahahahaha

I guess. im not like proud, i just do it cause its fun. But then again its kinda nice to have someone all amazed by you. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeven View Post

My style is looser than a hooker's vagina.

yeah agreed ^^ i just do it becuase it's fun and i love to do it!

the thing is, to a normal non skater. being able to ride a board is pretty impressive.

but to a skater, not so much.

its hard to feel good about being able to skate when you know there are skaters WAY better than you.

don't get me wrong, i love skating. i just don't see a need to feel "special"

Quote Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
    Do other people show a type of reverence towards you for being able to do it?

Not tricks just skateboard at all..

Admittedly after learning, it was fairly easy. But I think it's the fear of stepping on to the board is what everyone respects and reveres.

I told someone the other day I picked up skateboarding and he was like "oh no way! I'm way too scared to do that"
    I'm proud that I skate, not because I can. I don't know about where you live, but where I am, pretty much everyone hates skaters and have little appreciation for the skill it takes.

Yeah im proud of skateboarding i guess, but skateboardings so much different to someone who doesnt skate. i remember being five, and seeing these kids actually magically bring a piece of wood into the air right underneath them. now i think its basic knowledge of how to ollie. when we see someone try to kickflip el toro but not quite get it, we still assume theyre good, while regular people would probably say they suck just because they didnt land it first try.

I'm proud I suppose, although they're are tons of people better than me. But it's still really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    the thing is, to a normal non skater. being able to ride a board is pretty impressive.

but to a skater, not so much.

its hard to feel good about being able to skate when you know there are skaters WAY better than you.

don't get me wrong, i love skating. i just don't see a need to feel "special"

Dude I got your rep comment. Why do you care how many threads I make? Who cares whose name is by whose thread, if you don't like it, don't click it.

Nameless

^^ you have 5 threads on the front page.

from what i gather you've been riding a pseudo longboard for a few days, i dont think that you qualify as a skateboarder in the sense of the word. anyone can roll around on skateboard. my little brother was able to ride around and do a little ollie after like an hour and he had never ridin a skateboard in his life.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Not really since a lot of people are way better, but people do respect us in my town just for riding. Like once we were riding in the street and I heelflipped, but didn't land it unfortuanately and some random guy in a Mercedes rides up and says, "How you guys don't break your ankles doing that sh*t, I don't know! But keep going!" and he drove off....

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

from what i gather you've been riding a pseudo longboard for a few days, i dont think that you qualify as a skateboarder in the sense of the word. anyone can roll around on skateboard. my little brother was able to ride around and do a little ollie after like an hour and he had never ridin a skateboard in his life.
    But what's the difference?

threads are intagible things in cyberspace that take up no room or anything.. christ..

I'm new, you people aren't. I have questions, you don't. Get over it. Unless you people are saying that it bothers you that you just have to SEE new topics on the page. If they weren't by me they'd be by other people. I could go and make 5 different screennames and make each topic with one of those, would that be better for you? haha

im pretty proud of myself for being able to do what i can do, but i dont brag about it. and when people tell me they are too afraid i usually help them out, if they want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeven View Post
    My style is looser than a hooker's vagina.

Like he said, who cares how many he has, don't click it if you dislike his threads.

And he is definitely a skateboarder, there is no certain qualifications you have to meet. Your brother is a quick learner if he could ollie a little bit after an hour.

And yeah all I can do is stand on the board, roll around and kick a couple of times to get speed.. but that's exactly what I mean. It's really actually pretty simple, but the very act of getting up on there and rolling without rails or grass around you is pretty gutsy to some people

I'm proud of myself that I learned how to skateboard.
    It's the only thing I've ever set my mind to and stuck with.
    And for that fact, I'm proud to be a skateboarder.

im proud that i know how to skateboard because it's so damn fun
    [IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/Secret_Album_2009/SilversunPickups-1.jpg[/IMG]

Supreme Member

i'm proud to know how to sort of skate.

Beautiful Loser

So now you have to do certain tricks to be considered a skateboarder ? Cruising around > tricks any day. Also idk why you're blaming the guy for making many new threads, at least he seems to be a decent member unlike all those guys who tyep liek dis and start 20 threads with no actual content on their first day you seem to be comparing him with.