1st- Knott Schure
    2nd- Jon Powers
    3rd- Bob Staton

Masters Division-
    1st- Jon Powers
    2nd- Scot Hubbard
    3rd- Bob Staton

Banked Freestyle-
    1st- Kilian Martin and Branden Bontros (tie)
    2nd- Wyatt Hill
    3rd- Spanky Cuiriz

Team Game of Skate-
    The Bontros Pugs

360 Spin off-
    1st Kilian Martin (7)
    2nd- Tim Ahern (4.5)
    3rd- Knott Schure (2.6)

Live feed tech- Erick Mattos
    DJ and Video- Robert Staton
    MC and Production- Bob Staton
    Trophies and medals- WFSA
    Attached Images Attached Images

pandas pro..?

uh

alright

^ Lol, word. What are Panda and Tim doing in the pro division, and Bob in the Am division?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny16tx View Post
    pandas pro..?

uh

alright
    And Bob's both an Am and Master.

Only a circus performer would think that slapping wheels
    on a piece of wood and using it to do tricks is a good idea.

360 spin off wins with 7?!?!??! I would have KILLED that! I need to go to the next spin off thing and win.. haha

Nameless

i think i could have won the 360 spin off =[

i can do like 6 fs spins no problem.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Hey, anyone listen to the recent topics lately?

This was an underground experimental contest, meaning, I entered pro ONLY as a tester, this is basically a beta ground. We had hella fun, and ran it as a real contest because that's what it will be in the near future.
    Once we work out the bugs, and fix everything that we saw wrong. Next year's SJC will be 100x different and more organized.

We all skated hard, I answered a ton of questions from some local kids and some I believe that traveled to this contest. Passed out alot of FSU stickers, got a Pro Trophy even though everytime I look at it I go "I totally don't deserve this" haha.
    Don't worry, I won't be entering pro contests for at least 5 more years. I am pretty upset cause I can't skate for at least a week and I learned so much, like nollie impossibles and I got alot better at my footwork. Now I can't practice :'(

I pulled a damn muscle in my foot, took 2 days to notice I just thought I was sore. Cause I was mostly in my legs but as the soreness went away, I noticed my foot was jacked lol.

Oh and next year I have to remember to bring money for pizza, no one said we had to buy our own :'( I will make a list of alot of things that went wrong in that contest, not to bring down anyone but to improve it.
    Bob, I enjoyed rambling to you about my work, my memory problem, skating and about FSU and the future. You rock man and so does Robert. I look forward to going to alot more contests and events.

Cool, sound like fun.
    No Signature.

Default It's good to be King

At 107 degrees this has got to be the hottest contest on earth! It was fun. The skaters that came from Tracy and Stockton for the team Game of Skate were a great group of people. Thanx to Panda for securing the church parking lot for the live feed test of the freestyle contest. We would have liked to have done it all at the Ceres Skate Park but we would have needed permits for that.
    The woman that is director of the Central Valley Am Jam series showed up and we discussed next years San Joaquin Classic as a co-op at the Ceres Skate Park. I had a chat with the Mayors wife about the project also and she was all for it.

The Team GOS was the first comp. I met some guy that was a little older that seem to be the head honcho of the crew and we worked out the details of the GOS on the spot. The skaters went right to it, three guys to a team, four teams entered. Skaters from the first two teams paired off and then all 6 skaters in that round skated at the same time. It went real smooth. The winners from the first two teams faced off against the skaters from the second round and the winning team emerged.

The Banked Freestyle was a little crazy at first. What it worked out to be was a trick jam on the bank. Most of the skaters had a hard time sticking to landing tricks on the bank and not on or over the lip.
    We ran the jam for about 20 minutes then I hand picked four of the skaters for the final jam. Erick was throwing down the hard tricks but was getting snaked every time. We have the one trick he did manage to pull off with out being run over on tape. A great local skater named Brandon gave Kilian a real battle in the final. Panda should have finished with a medal but he is just not the aggressive type in a jam environment so second and third went to the street locals.

We had to move to the church to do the freestyle so we could set up to do the live feed as there was no electricity available at the skate park. It took awhile to get the live feed and the boom box all set up and functioning but Panda and Robert got it going enough to show it could be done. What was cool is that after Kilian’s run we heard this applause…it was coming from the computer! 22 people were on line watching the pro division.

I had to recruit Tim and Panda for the Pro Division (no money involved so their Am status remains intact). They all skated well. Panda was much improved over Glendale, Tim ripped up his first contest and Kilian killed it. The video will be posted soon. The surface was a tad rough so it slowed the action a little especially when we did the 360’s comp.

I also recruited Kilian’s girlfriends father Jon and his buddy Scot for the Masters. There were a group of friends and family hunkered under a tree that I attempted to prod into competing, Tim’s mother would have none of it, Pandas’ mother would have none of it, so I managed to snag yet another 3rd place by default.

The Am division was an informal jam that consisted of anyone I saw skating around. First place went to Kilian’s friend, he was actually pretty good. Jon was out there in the heat learning pogo’s with his work boots on so second went to him and the only other skater farting around out there was me so Bingo! I get another 3rd place medal. The other skaters from the skate park did not show up. I think that may be do to the little slip of paper I was handing out that had the time and location on it for the freestyle at a church. I think they thought they were going to have an unsolicited religious experience of some kind.

We blew off the Box Battle as it was just to hot to keep going and no one brought the chalk. (next year for sure)

The Pizza Party was great. I was stone broke and could only afford an ice tea but I brought many cans of sardines on the trip so I slipped out and got a can and brought it in. yummy! I set the trophies and the medals out on a table and did a little awards thing. Some how I lost the second place 360’s medal and spent a lot of time looking for it so I had to give Tim the second place Banked Freestyle medal in its place. There were lots of photo op’s with girls and family, great feeling, great conversation, everyone was up and happy. Yes Kilian, It’s good to be King. Kilian won the overall points King of the San Joaquin trophy.

The trip back to Watsonville and the long trip home. Kilian and I went back to Watsonville to Roberts’ new home for the night. We got this urge for ice cream along the way and were looking for a Fosters. We gave up and went to a Jack in the Box and sure as hell after we pulled out of Jacks’ parking lot, Boom! there was a Fosters on the next corner big as life. Other stuff happened; we reviewed the video and went to bed. Actually there were no beds, Robert just moved in and there is nothing but boxes, no furniture yet. Nice carpet though.

The next day on our way through Santa Barbara we stopped at Powell. I introduced Kilian to my homies there and we had a very stimulating conversation. Kilian saw Cab in a meeting through an open door. On the way back to L.A. we talked of great things, a real Pro Series with ramp and street and freestyle and gobs of money.

See you next May at the San Joaquin Classic II.