What's up with that Skate Warehouse??
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with that Skate Warehouse??

Default What's up with that Skate Warehouse??

This a popular online skateshop and most people assume they are a real skateshop.

But they are not. They are a big corporation that is selling skateboards to make a buck, and provide nothing back to the scene.

If you do a little research on who owns and operates the company, you come up with some interesting info:

Warehouse, Sports admin@tennis-warehouse.com
    181 Suburban Road
    San Luis Obispo, California 93401
    United States
    8057816464 Fax -- 8057816476

Oh, what is that? tennis-warehouse.com? You mean a "skateshop" is run by a bunch of tennis dudes. Those are the guys I want to support!

NOT!
    saw this post. and decided to let you all know if you didnt already. I hope this pushes some of you fence sitters to the right side. Realize whats happening

skateboarding is silly right now

Nike,adidas,converse,k-swiss, active filing for chapter 11, skatewarehouse being gay, ccs being bought by footlocker, the berrics changing skatings fashion, energy drink sponsors, greg lutzkas entire career, signature cars, jereme rogers life, the maloof money cup,supra sky tops, fuel tv, people saying "dont do it" is stupid and hurting skating, skaters getting tv shows.

Remember a few years ago, when older skaters said "be careful or else skateboarding will become corperate. Let one company in, the rest will follow"

Yeah
    thats right now
    -_-

f.ck dylan, you hit the nail right on the head with that post.

angry, young & beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by johnny16tx View Post

Nike,adidas,converse,k-swiss, active filing for chapter 11, skatewarehouse being gay, ccs being bought by footlocker, the berrics changing skatings fashion, energy drink sponsors, greg lutzkas entire career, signature cars, jereme rogers life, the maloof money cup,supra sky tops, fuel tv, people saying "dont do it" is stupid and hurting skating, skaters getting tv shows.

Remember a few years ago, when older skaters said "be careful or else skateboarding will become corperate. Let one company in, the rest will follow"

Yeah
    thats right now
    -_-
    word, good post.

but everyone wants to make a buck, if skateboarding is hot, everyone is going to want to cash in
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageSk8r View Post
    word, good post.

but everyone wants to make a buck, if skateboarding is hot, everyone is going to want to cash in
    Doesn't mean you have to support them

angry, young & beautiful
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Glad I read this, I was about to buy a board from there.

Supreme Member

Yeah
    thats right now
    -_-
    one of the best post i have seen you make, you are absolutely right.
     click to show

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronnn View Post
    Glad I read this, I was about to buy a board from there.
    awesome, im glad to hear youve decided against killing skateboarding as we know it.

I ordered a deck from there a while ago Never again.

I feel bad i had one of there stickers on my board before, I hate corporate
    [QUOTE=AaronBautista;1463609]maybe your mailman skates[/QUOTE]

man, I think it's gonna be like a cycle like it was in the 70's and 80's and 90's.

skateboarding is the cool thing for a while, and big companies try to cash in on it, and then it sort of dies out and everyone quits skateboarding except for the true hardcore skaters. then a few years later, it becomes "in" again and the cycle starts all over again.

I'm no expert, but if I had to guess, that's what's been happening over the past few years, and what is still happening right now.

skateboarding is becoming really big, I mean think about it, tons of non-skaters are wearing skate clothing and shoes and stuff. almost every new product being marketed to young people is trying to be "extreme". pro skaters are getting reality shows on MTV and big endorsement deals with companies that have absolutely nothing to do with skateboarding. everybody wants a piece of the action.

but sooner or later it's gonna decline and the only people left will be people like you and me, the dedicated skaters that are in it for fun, and not to be "cool".

if you think about it, the popularity of skateboarding really is a lot like the economy.

i dont know man. skating has never been this big. who know if it will drop off again. sure it will die down a bit. but i dont think it will fade anymore. which is good. but too many people kook it up. take the good with the bad i suppose, just have to trust the overall population to know whats good

People lately have forgotten, skating isn't about being nice.

I had a convo with a friend of mine whos 30 and been skating roughly 17years
    Everyone lately is acting super nice, and not saying anything bad about anything
    which is ****ed up.
    Hold your guns, and speak your mind.
    Nike needs to get the **** out, people argue that their bringing so much money in.
    Yes yes they are, but their bringing that money into THEIR pockets, and taking it from real companies.
    Its retarded.
    Also its annoying at skateparks, kids dont know their place.
    DONT PUT YOUR BOARD ON THE COPING WAITING TO DROP IN

DONT PLAY GAMES OF SKATE ONTOP OF THE PYRIMIDS!

People also forget.
    Respect isn't given blindly.
    Its earned.

/Rant over

how many beers in are ya dylan?

Supreme Member

People lately have forgotten, skating isn't about being nice.

I had a convo with a friend of mine whos 30 and been skating roughly 17years
    Everyone lately is acting super nice, and not saying anything bad about anything
    which is ****ed up.
    Hold your guns, and speak your mind.
    Nike needs to get the **** out, people argue that their bringing so much money in.
    Yes yes they are, but their bringing that money into THEIR pockets, and taking it from real companies.
    Its retarded.
    Also its annoying at skateparks, kids dont know their place.
    DONT PUT YOUR BOARD ON THE COPING WAITING TO DROP IN

DONT PLAY GAMES OF SKATE ONTOP OF THE PYRIMIDS!

People also forget.
    Respect isn't given blindly.
    Its earned.

/Rant over
    agreed i hate it when kids are doing that. i drop in today i do a rock to fake and notice the is a kid on the coping right in my path. i had to stop my run because of that kid.
     click to show

^lane changes^ use em

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    i dont know man. skating has never been this big. who know if it will drop off again. sure it will die down a bit. but i dont think it will fade anymore.
    what goes up must come down, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall. sure, maybe skating won't fall like it has in the past. that's a possibility. but history has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

I just worry that people aren't learning from the mistakes of the past. why does the skating community keep letting outside interests encroach upon our turf? it's happened time after time, and the more we tolerate it, the worse it gets. I mean, c'mon! Greg Lutzka riding for K-Swiss? K-SWISS?! Nike, Reebok, and Adidas were bad enough, but K-SWISS?! wtf is going on?! any respect I had left for Lutzka is now completely gone.

the only good things about this cycle is when skating does decline, it sort of weeds out the pretenders and the kooks. and the skateboarding community becomes more tight-knit.

P.S. I agree that little kids snaking people is a huge problem. that's another good thing about if skateboarding decreases in popularity. they'll all gtfo the skateparks. damn kids...

yea it weeds out the kooks and everyone realize who they are. then when it comes back, we, no THEY, let the same idiots back into it. bad memory loss, or maybe its Alzheimers

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    ^lane changes^ use em
    it's kind of wired turning on a mountain board(don't ask i am getting tiered of explaining it to people)

turning is weirder, since i can lean more, but because of the bigger tires, it doesn't do much.
     click to show