NON-Christians, what would you do? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Your response in the sitaution is...

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Join your family in prayer, even though you aren't a part of this religion.

28 45.90%
  • Stay quiet, they are your believes; what good are they if you go against them?

33 54.10%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NON-Christians, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by makotos13 View Post
    funerals aren't for the dead, they are for the living. no matter your belief system once you kick the bucket all that's left on this side is a memory and memories are for the living.

you should only go to a funeral if it brings you closure or to be there for people going through it. if you just go through the motions it doesn't mean anything and since thats the whole entire point to a funeral... if someone has a problem with it then that's their problem.
    omg iit says no christians and ur like, offendin us and stuff. We're gonna have 2 close this section off to pplz whose beliefs dont mirror ourz.

rite guyz?

FuturePrimitive

Quote Originally Posted by Max Kulish. View Post
    Exactly, I believe there is a higher being. But I don't believe the Bible's portrayal of a higher being is correct. I think that that the big bang is false, and I believe Earth has always been like this. I could go on and on but what I think doesn't always translate to the internet well.
    So sorry Max, but the World's Only True Christian® makotos13 will have you know that thinking for yourself is equivalent to "storming the throne of God, murdering him, dragging his corpse from the seat, gutting his body, and stepping over his body to sit on the throne and put on the crown." Bummer!

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    So sorry Max, but the World's Only True Christian® makotos13 will have you know that thinking for yourself is equivalent to "storming the throne of God, murdering him, dragging his corpse from the seat, gutting his body, and stepping over his body to sit on the throne and put on the crown." Bummer!
    I guess I'll have to listen to him now. He finally reserved the rights to his nickname. Before it was a tool of mockery, now he's legit. When it comes to the newly-born World's Only True Christian®, I think we leave him alone and let his ideals and beliefs overrule ours. No matter what. *dun dun dun daaaaaaaaa*
    Like Call of Duty? Click here. It's me, I do that for fun. Please subscribe : )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.

I'd join in. You don't need to be stubborn and say "derr you guyz r dumb tlkin to urselvez"
    I would do whatever everyone else is doing. It makes them feel better.

I said I would join in.

At the funerals and other family's dinners where they pray that Ive been to (since Ive been old enough to actually think for myself and not just believe what I'm told anyways) Ive always just put my hands together and sat there in silence, not praying, but not being disrespectful. I do the same thing during the pledge of allegiance. I don't say anything but I stand up. I don't feel the need to talk to myself before I eat and I don't feel the need to talk to inanimate objects either.

"Man my daddy told me, boy when I was your age I had to walk 13 miles to school. I said oh, is that why you didn't graduate?"

Scrubs Nerd

I wouldn't join in. And I actually wouldn't care if people didn't prey for me when I died. I don't wanna have a funeral, who do people wanna get together and talk about some close that just died. Also funerals suck and they're boring. I don't want anyone to waste their time coming to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    I don't wanna have a funeral, who do people wanna get together and talk about some close that just died.
    Have you ever had someone close to you die?

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by bbengyak View Post
    Have you ever had someone close to you die?
    No, I'm sorry if I seem a little insensitive but that's just the way I am.

Gnar Shreddage!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Kulish. View Post
    It's not that I just sat there. Like I'd stand, kneel, etc. But I just didn't do the vast majority of prayers. Christianity just isn't my thing. I respect my family's beliefs and in no mean degrade them.
    It's a funeral. If you don't like it, play along. If you don't want to do that, don't bother attending.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

Quote Originally Posted by ShredTheGnar View Post
    It's a funeral. If you don't like it, play along. If you don't want to do that, don't bother attending.
    So say someone close to me dies. Either I don't go to their funeral or I'm forced to participate in some crazy ceremony I don't believe in...

Seems a tad sh*t if you ask me...

screw funerals...I'd rather have a wake.

I would remain quiet and respectful, I am part of another religion so I just wouldn't feel comfortable praying to a christian god.

I went to the funeral to pay my respects and say goodbye to the one who died.. so thats what i'd do

When everyone else is praying i sit and remember them in life and the good times etc.. Its a good time to reflect.
    Merging doublepost
    I wouldn't join in. And I actually wouldn't care if people didn't prey for me when I died. I don't wanna have a funeral, who do people wanna get together and talk about some close that just died. Also funerals suck and they're boring. I don't want anyone to waste their time coming to mine.
    When you're in a funeral situation with a loved one (because evidently you never have been) that outlook will change

Its not only just to sit there and talk about them and pray. It is an act of respect, and to say your final goodbye.

If anything it helps you move on, helps make it easier to deal with.
    Last edited by Lukeaxx; 08-07-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth. Avoid being narrow-minded and bound to present views. Learn and practice non-attachment from views in order to be open to receive others’ viewpoints. Truth is found in life and not merely in conceptual knowledge. Be ready to learn throughout your entire life and to observe reality in yourself and in the world at all times. ~

No, I'm sorry if I seem a little insensitive but that's just the way I am.
    Then that's why you don't see the point of funerals.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeaxx View Post
    I would remain quiet and respectful, I am part of another religion so I just wouldn't feel comfortable praying to a christian god.

I went to the funeral to pay my respects and say goodbye to the one who died.. so thats what i'd do

When everyone else is praying i sit and remember them in life and the good times etc.. Its a good time to reflect.
    Merging doublepost

When you're in a funeral situation with a loved one (because evidently you never have been) that outlook will change

Its not only just to sit there and talk about them and pray. It is an act of respect, and to say your final goodbye.

If anything it helps you move on, helps make it easier to deal with.
    I think I can pay my respects to someone without going to church.

Quote Originally Posted by phlap View Post
    So say someone close to me dies. Either I don't go to their funeral or I'm forced to participate in some crazy ceremony I don't believe in...

Seems a tad sh*t if you ask me...
    right. funerals are for grieving and dealing with the loss of a person leaving. none of which have anything to do with the actual corpse that is in the box (or jar).

if you believe in an afterlife... you're there.
    if you don't believe in an afterlife... you dont exist anymore.

neither scenario involves you and this world.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference. - Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life (1995)

the cross was not necessary because of the fall of man.
    the fall of man was necessary for the cross. - Paul Washer

...Meaninglessness comes not from being weary of pain but from being weary of pleasure - Ravi Zacharias

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

well i woulde becom a christion and not to to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by hardflip View Post
    1. Please stay on topic. This has little relevance to anything posted.
    2.Learn to type.

Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.

is going cuckoo

I wouldnt join in the prayers because i dont know any prayers. however i would probably just grieve. Just cause i'm not religious doesnt mean i cant grieve for a person's death, even if it isnt in the same way as their family

Exactly, greiving and praying are different.

Life, won.

Quote Originally Posted by hardflip View Post
    Christion used PRAY.

But nothing happened...

What Christion is evolving?

Huh? Christion stopped evolving due to it's religious beliefs!