Concerts you're going to? - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Concerts you're going to?

God

^ Hahah yes ! They played Sweet emotion by Aerosmith at the start of dazed and confused when pickford drives his car in. Such a good song, good vibes for sure. It was a hell of a concert too ! You should listen to some Aerosmith

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Going to see The Moody Blues tonight. I saw them back in the late 80s with the Other Side of Life tour. Mrs NoSwitch really likes them a lot and has never seen them. The tickets were my birthday present to her from a few months ago. The date has finally arrived and we have a long time family friend's son/college kid to come hang with the kids while we go out. Everyone should have a good time tonight.

LeftLaneClosed

Gonna see Foster the People and Twenty One Pilots soon!

Global Moderator

Bought me and my girlfriend tickets to Dave Mathews... I'm like not into his music at all but I don't dislike it, she loves him though so it's whatever. I've never been to a concert before though.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    I've never been to a concert before though.

Haha, not really though. It's no big deal but is odd that someone your age never made it to an actual concert yet. Have fun!

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Bought me and my girlfriend tickets to Dave Mathews... I'm like not into his music at all but I don't dislike it, she loves him though so it's whatever. I've never been to a concert before though.
    I actually saw Dave Matthews back in 94 before anyone had heard of him. He puts on a great show.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I actually saw Dave Matthews back in 94 before anyone had heard of him. He puts on a great show.
    Saw the Black Crowes at a Michael Shenker show before they were famous like that too.. Like 89 at The Ritz in NYC. We were in the VIP Green Room Lounge hanging out with them.

Global Moderator

Yeah, my girlfriend's dad told me that he wasn't into them before he first went to a concert and said that he puts on a really entertaining show regardless.

but yeah, I've just never had the same taste in music as my friends do and I've never been super into anyone enough to go alone... I did see Doug E. Fresh one time though at a Maloof Money Cup I went too when that was still a thing, that was pretty cool.

Might be going to Black Sabbath next month, even if Ozzy can't do it anymore.

Last gig I went to was Crue when they were here last year, and it was fucking horrible. So glad I didn't pay money to go. What a load of shit.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya, you never know what to expect with over the hill rockers. None of them can shred as well as they could in their 20s or 30s, but as long as they are sober it's usually pretty close to what it used to be. If one or more of them is DGAF drunk it can be a train wreck and really suck. The Moody Blues tours began to tour with a second drummer when the original guy was injured years ago. They still tour with the second one. The main guy is over 70 and simply can't play balls out for two one hour sets. He did surprise me a little the few times he did cut loose a little, but played very conservatively most of the show letting the younger guy carry most of the percussion.

黒 キリスト

Really Babymetal is the only band I enjoy now since all my favorites are breaking up. UnsraW and Nega broke up and I was at their final concerts and it was just mind blowing and sad.
    Sleep Well
    Daisuke
    July 30, 1978 - July 15, 2010

JesusHadHerpes
    March 12, 1989 - September 12, 2008

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

AH, I missed posting, but I've seen Mephiskapheles, Inspecter 7, and the Toasters again this year! Toasters seem to play this venue 20 minutes from my house at least once a year. I love it.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.