May 2009 Member of the Month - The Beard

Thread: May 2009 Member of the Month - The Beard

Cafe Fuzz

Default May 2009 Member of the Month - The Beard

LONNNNGGG OVERDUE!!
    But he has his moment now to shine! This is it, what everyone has been biting their nails about for months now. The Beard, our May 2009 Member of the Month! A+ material right here, from an A+ kind of guy!

1) When did you start skating and why?

Well i started just after 6th grade. so that would be....probably around when I turned 12. im about 22. Damn, thats 10 years this summer. I started because i was one of those guys who just kinda floated from group of friends to group of friends. One day i went to go chill with my buddy Eric and some of his friends and they were skating some tiny bike rack rail. It was pretty awesome. so i asked my parents to get me a board. it was a target board lol. lasted me a while sincer i didnt put it through too much torture at all. Stuck with it and here I am. Still rollin.

2) What are the most valuable lessons you've learned from skateboarding?
    You never get anywhere being pissed off. *******s are everywhere in the world in every career/hobby/ walk of life. The quicker you get over things, the quicker you will be on your way to better things. That goes for skating/tricks and just life in general. at least for myself.
    The other main thing would be to use common sense. Things aren't that complicated. So long as you remember to keep yourself down to earth and not over-think. Your'e golden. That also applies to everything.

3) Do you think skateboarding is growing in a postitive way?

This question is difficult for me to answer.In a way yes, due to the fact that I feel it IS still growing in popularity, and today's skate world has become as corporate as anything else.
    That is also the reason why I think it is not. I have my thoughts about skateboarding in general and what it is to me. What today's skateboarding has become is nothing near what it used to be, or what i feel it should have become. It's jsut 2 sides growing in different directions i suppose. Some are skating because they dont give a ****. The rest are skating because they give too much of a ****.

4) What is your favorite thing to skate at Renegade?

Mini-ramps/ steep "bank to bank"s. basically i like everything except stairs and rails.

5) What does it feel like being a shop owner, is there a lot of stress involved, and is it worth it?

I am assuming this questions is also asking about how it feels owning Renegade. Well, I was never an owner, only a manager.
    But yes, there is a level of stress that comes with every job. I happened to work in a place i loved to be at. so work itself was great. Like i said earlier, there are *******s everywhere, and a skatepark is definitely not a exception
    However, now I DO own a shop. Basically re-opening Renegade Boardshop as "Renegade Skateshop". original huh I wanted to do right by Mike Carlson, owner of Renegade and a good friend of mine. I'd like to keep Renegade alive. The online shop is near completion, and hopefully it does well enough to open an actual shop in he near future. Proceeds will also be going to a DIY public park for the skaters of S. Minnesota and who ever else wants to go.

6) Besides running your shop and skating what else do you do in your spare time? (If you have any)

Drink Beer. Film my buddies. Edit footy. hang out/skate with the girlfriend. the usual **** ya know?

7) What are some of the random and maybe not so random things that you like to collect?

Skate decks, Alcoholic Bottles... Hell i dont know, i dont have a real collection of anything.

8) How many tattoos do you have?

just one, Thrasher's Skate Goat. left side of my chest

9) If you could change one thing about America what would it be and why?

**** man i dunno. i dont really pay attention to stuff outside of my personal world. Legalize weed. I dont smoke weed, havent smoked in quite a long time. But i still will vote yes when the time comes.

10) In your opinion, has the economy improved in the last 3 months? (explain your reasons)

See above question/answer. I dont pay attention. I do my thing, and let other people handle the stuff that they handle.

11) If you got to choose a song to be played at your funeral to represent all of your wonderful accomplishments what song would you choose and why?

... I've been everywhere by Johnny Cash? I'm sure thats not what will play. but I figure I have a few more years left to decide.

12) How's the lady life for our scruffy stud?

It's been good. Been with the same girl for over 2 years. I guess it depends on what is good to whoever being asked.

13) When did you grow your first beard?

around 16 i suppose.

14) Have you always been known as The Beard?

I got the nickname when we started building Renegade. that was about 2 eyars and 4 months ago. i was the only one involved with the park who had a beard, so i was dubbed "The Beard" by one of the owners. It just stuck.

15) Why don't you shave your beard? Why do you keep it?

Well, I don't always have a beard, but i never shave completely. maybe did that twice in the last 4-5 years. It goes nicely with my morning laziness and i jus tthink it looks better overall. Some guys can't grow a beard at all. So i'd better take advantage of it. It's like throwing away food for fun while thinking of starving kids.

16) Does your epic beard allow you to have "super-human" like abilites?

Ask your sister.

17) Have you ever lost anything in your beard? (IE Keys, Gum, etc)

wheels...trucks... people...knowledge...civilizations

18) Hows your "ask beard a question" thread going?

Actually it's been pretty stagnant. It comes in waves. it will pick back up again sometime

19) How did you gain such a following of sack riders so quickly?

By being awesome as **** and doin the thang

20) Who would you most likely hang out with from the cafe, and who would you most likely get into a physical fight with?

I'd most likely be skating with Dylan and of course j-unit/jacktheripper and the other dudes from faribault/mn. as for fighting...well I haven't been in a fight since 9th grade.That **** is stupid.

ANY SHOUTOUTS??

ummmmmmm. nah...
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

16) Does your epic beard allow you to have "super-human" like abilites?

Ask your sister.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Good solid interview.
    Like Call of Duty? Click here. It's me, I do that for fun. Please subscribe : )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.

Cafe Fuzz

Has nobody read this MOTM for The Beard? Come on people, comment if you did!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

is going cuckoo

Some guys can't grow a beard at all. So i'd better take advantage of it. It's like throwing away food for fun while thinking of starving kids.
    hahahaha this gave me a laugh

pretty good interview! i found the first few questions the most interesting

ouch, minimal replies.

cool interview, congrats on the win
    Procrastinators unite!
    Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    LOL. If I took everything on here seriously, id probably be 300 pounds and be cutting myself wondering why the world is so harsh, but then again I realize its just the internet and I really am 347 pounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn craig View Post
    i'm glad i read this, when i go to america, i was going to order a chode!
    <--WIN FREE STUFF

Veteran Member

Nice interview, gz Beard.

lawl i beat you. i can grow a beard and im 15
    ‎"If you feel like pattin' your feet, pat your feet. And if you feel like clappin' your hands, clap your hands.
    If you feel like takin' off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball.
    So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside, and come in here and swing."
    Art Blakey

Quote Originally Posted by Volcomsk8 View Post
    Hmmm...

ska.

Injured 2HFL

nice seem like a cool dude

Best necro! 10/10 would bump again! muahahahah