Mega Plaza is back open!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Plaza is back open!

Default Mega Plaza is back open!

The guy who owns the actual building the park was in decided to re-open it. Smart move on his part, I'd say. After the whole not getting the rent, why not make that money back in no time at all?

Global Moderator

Hell yeah. Me and some friends will probably make a trip down there sometime in the coming months.

=P. You best tell me when, homegirl!

I might have to check it out this summer if i get a car.

Trust me, it's worth it. The world cup of street skating was modeled after our park, almost measurement for measurement. placement was a little different, though, since they can't make elevated platforms to create the awesome flow we've got.

angry, young & beautiful

what about the backtaxes?
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

It was actually a year's worth of unpaid rent. I made another thread about that. It definitely was not the backtaxes, that was to make them look better.

Quote Originally Posted by MattxLustt View Post
    The guy who owns the actual building the park was in decided to re-open it. Smart move on his part, I'd say. After the whole not getting the rent, why not make that money back in no time at all?
    Are you aware that private skateparks make about no profit at all? If they did the guy would have surely paid his rent for the year. Most are lucky just to break even.

they made profit. 12 dollars for a 3 hour session? you can't tell me they didn't. they made enough money to be getting ready to put a concrete bowl in..buy new boards and clothes..etc. etc. They were constantly renovating. Perhaps they didn't think their finances through quite enough.

they made profit. 12 dollars for a 3 hour session? you can't tell me they didn't. they made enough money to be getting ready to put a concrete bowl in..buy new boards and clothes..etc. etc. They were constantly renovating. Perhaps they didn't think their finances through quite enough.
    Obviously you do not quite understand the definition of profit. Profit is the amount of money left over after all expenses have been paid. Most businesses have monthly profit and loss statements because bills are paid monthly. Let me say that I have skated this park and it was awesome so I am not disputing that. Just because you think $12 for 3 hours of skating is a steep price does not mean that made them profit. I can for a fact tell you they did not make profit because they did not pay their rent which resulted in closing the doors. Whether they wasted their money away on such expenses as a concrete bowl, boards, clothes, and constant renovation does not matter. These are all considered expenses in the business world. Those expenses plus the cost of rent added up to more money going out of the business than the money coming into the business which is why the business closed. When a business has more money going out than coming in that is defined as a loss which is the opposite of profit.

JeremeRogers.

Man here i was thinking it was the backtaxes. Guess i was wrong all along.

Happy for you that its open again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitta Blonde View Post
    there you go jaames... i voted for you!!

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

Quote Originally Posted by trm4583 View Post
    Obviously you do not quite understand the definition of profit. Profit is the amount of money left over after all expenses have been paid. Most businesses have monthly profit and loss statements because bills are paid monthly. Let me say that I have skated this park and it was awesome so I am not disputing that. Just because you think $12 for 3 hours of skating is a steep price does not mean that made them profit. I can for a fact tell you they did not make profit because they did not pay their rent which resulted in closing the doors. Whether they wasted their money away on such expenses as a concrete bowl, boards, clothes, and constant renovation does not matter. These are all considered expenses in the business world. Those expenses plus the cost of rent added up to more money going out of the business than the money coming into the business which is why the business closed. When a business has more money going out than coming in that is defined as a loss which is the opposite of profit.
    You are 100% positive they made no profit. How do you know this? I think they did away with it. Not paying your rent is avoidable. You can make deals. They probably wasted it away on paychecks and the parties they had upstairs after hours.

hell yeah.

when this is all over, MattxLustt and the Mega Plaza are gonna get an apartment together

I fail to see the humour in that.

i herd it closed again but it was called double decker

JeremeRogers.

Quote Originally Posted by panicsk8team View Post
    i herd it closed again but it was called double decker
    The taxes again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitta Blonde View Post
    there you go jaames... i voted for you!!

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

probally

I love the mega skate plaza, and will recommend it, just as if I found a really good restaraunt. That's why someone recommends it..because it's good, and they enjoy it.
    Shane doesn't seem to see that.

I'm not sure on the status of it now. Backtaxes was a story they put out to make them look more honest.

They ALWAYS had huge parties upstairs after hours, and I guarantee that's where most of their money went. They CHOSE not to pay the rent..the employees who sat around and basically just took your money to get in got paid in excess of $15 an hour, or so I've heard, because they were all good friends.

angry, young & beautiful

what about the backtaxes?
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.