AR: 743 Pounds Of Marijuana Found In Septic Tank Truck, Arizona Police Say

Thread: AR: 743 Pounds Of Marijuana Found In Septic Tank Truck, Arizona Police Say

Default AR: 743 Pounds Of Marijuana Found In Septic Tank Truck, Arizona Police Say

AR: 743 Pounds Of Marijuana Found In Septic Tank Truck, Arizona Police Say

CNN / January 29, 2010 / Staff

The search of the truck was as awful as it sounds, said a state police spokesman.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Police stopped truck on interstate, about 35 miles south of Tucson, Arizona
    • That much pot would be worth more than $400,000 on the street, police say
    • I-19, which runs directly into Mexico, is a major thoroughfare for drug and human trafficking
    • Drug cartels will "go to any length to conceal their product," police spokesman says
    (CNN) -- In a messy drug bust this week, investigators uncovered more than 700 pounds of marijuana stuffed in a septic tank truck full of human waste, Arizona police said Friday. And the search of the truck was as awful as it sounds.

"Yeah, that really does suck," Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves told CNN. "It's a long way to go to make a bust."

Hidden in the holding tank of the truck were 743 pounds of pot, worth about $409,000 on the street, police said in a news release. An officer pulled over the septic tank truck Wednesday after a check of the license showed it was invalid, police said. The truck was headed northbound on I-19 and stopped about 35 miles south of Tucson, Arizona. Police patrolling the area tend to be more vigilant, Graves said, because the interstate -- which leads directly to Mexico -- is a major thoroughfare for drug and human trafficking.

After the stop, the officer discovered that the commercial vehicle markings on the truck were also invalid. A subsequent search revealed the bales of marijuana in red and orange packages amid the waste. "It just shows how desperate these drug cartels are," Graves said. "They'll go to any lengths to conceal their product. We've seen it concealed [among] watermelons, bell peppers. This is the first time we've seen it concealed in human waste." Police arrested the driver, Leonard Salcido, 24, of Tucson, and charged him with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale and transportation of marijuana, police said.

The bust was not the largest for Arizona police. In 2008, police found more than 2,000 pounds of marijuana in a fake UPS truck, Graves said.
    Wednesday's smelly pot was just one major bust this week. On Thursday, police confiscated $681,000 worth of methamphetamine concealed in the false floor of a vehicle.

The driver was stopped for speeding on I-17 near Camp Verde, Arizona, police said. The officer asked to search the vehicle and found 15 pounds of meth, police said.

Danng. Human Ingenuity at its best. Just imagine for a second the sheer genius of some of these guys. Now that doesn't mean I agree with the cartels, nor would I want any of that after its been in a septic tank... but dang! Makes you think.

Weed stored in ****.

I don't see it catching on.

I bet that stuff smoked like ****.

God I hope I never got any stuff that came from a ****ing septic tank lol

syrup sipper

A septic truck driving in from mexico how obvious is that? Reminds me of that scene in cheech and chong but that was a better idea.
    Back 3 kickflip?

I'm in the 550 ballin, you know
    If you high like the sky I'm above pluto

Quote Originally Posted by BakerForLife View Post
    smelly pot
    lolz.

Boss

What a waste of bud.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Cafe Fuzz

What a waste of human waste lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

An excellent example of why weed should be legal.

Letting people smoke a plant far less harmful and more pleasurable than tobacco > Forcing people to smoke human waste
    Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it.

Imagine if that truck caught fire. Everyone in Arizona would be high as a kite still.
    Like Call of Duty? Click here. It's me, I do that for fun. Please subscribe : )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.

angry, young & beautiful

^ and smell like ****
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

good vibes

Kill your brain

now i feel better that i only smoke locally grown stuff, no sketchy smuggling of the drugs i smoke.
    wubwub

If weed was legal, they'd do it with coke, meth, etc. There's no end to the drug trade.

****ing ****load of weed. Wish I had it to myself <3 hahah

Boss

Quote Originally Posted by MattxLustt View Post
    If weed was legal, they'd do it with coke, meth, etc. There's no end to the drug trade.
    Uh, i think your far more likely to OD on coke or meth rather then cannabis. And I'm pretty sure other drugs tend to be more lethal and have more negative health effects. But what would i know.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by MattxLustt View Post
    This is false. Sorry, try again soon!
    wubwub

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jay View Post
    Uh, i think your far more likely to OD on coke or meth rather then cannabis. And I'm pretty sure other drugs tend to be more lethal and have more negative health effects. But what would i know.
    you cant od on weed.

BUBBA...tush?