greensboro, nc

Thread: greensboro, nc

Default greensboro, nc

hi. i'm a noob to the cafe and pretty new to skating. right now i'm all about carving on small hills. i've got a caveboard for the big hills. anyone else near greensboro into carving? thanks!

i'm in fayetteville, and shorty's_kid (trevor) is in winston/salem area. can't say i'm much of a carver, or even a skater anymore for that matter. welcome to the cafe.

Global Moderator

I'm in King if you know where that is. It's about 15 minutes north of Winston Salem.

Thanks for hitting me back guys. I grew up just west of Wilmington, NC so I've been in NC all my life. I do know King- off Hwy 52? Do you stick to tricks or maybe toss in some longboard sessions?

Supreme Member

I'm in Durham next to Raleigh. I really want to skate some street in greensboro it seems unbelievable there.
    There's a like panel of Judges in skateboarding you know? the dudes who deem its cool then its cool-Marc Johnson

Nowadays I just think its just what the biggest rail and who can do the most tricks. It's more like hammers hammers hammers on videos rather then pushing -Nate Jones

Watchin videos I'd watch more about people how they did the trick then the trick they were doing-Nate Jones

I guess it is all in what you make it. There is a park a few miles west that has some good spots to carve hills but mostly I stay around my neighborhood. For me the streets look like slopes and the hills like waves. What boards do you ride?

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by obxaddict View Post
    Thanks for hitting me back guys. I grew up just west of Wilmington, NC so I've been in NC all my life. I do know King- off Hwy 52? Do you stick to tricks or maybe toss in some longboard sessions?
    Yep. Exit 123. I usually stick to tricks but I've ridden longboards before and they're super fun.

Mega Plaza in fayetteville is back open. GREAT flow. You might enjoy some longboarding there. Not sure what happened to our mini pipe, though.

recently i got a blank bamboo kicktail with randal RIIs. WOW! i cant believe the difference the 50 degree base makes. if i ever get a great deck i'll have to quit my job.

im headin to wilmington and surrounding areas for a week or so in late march, i gotta find some spots, bring some of my boards with me and skate!

Global Moderator

Last time I was in wilmington I didn't see much worth skating.

Then again, I was only 12 last time I was there, and it's 4 1/2 hours from me. haha.

lol yea i will venture out if i need to

So are there any locals that know how to pump a longboard? LDP on pavedwave looks like something I need to learn. I visit my parents near Wilmington and it is nothing but flat land.

I always thought pumping a longboard was kinda of like, you get a foot in the most flexible part, bend your knees, get the board real low, and push off the ground in a forward motion.
    Could be wrong, though.