Mob Grip.
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Mob Grip.

  1. #1
    New Member wafflestomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    36
    Posts
    549

    Default Mob Grip.

    I'm sure some around here have used Mob, what do you think of it??

    I didn't have such a great experience. I had a Mystery deck and I don't know if it was because of the paint or because of the glue, but it peeled right off. I also had a problem with how well it really stuck to my shoe, I couldn't even slide my foot as well as I usually can..

    So maybe I'm crazy or doesn anyone else encounter any problems?
    [QUOTE=phlap;1502970]Why bother? Mongo's fine.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=Instrumental;1544082]I think he might be mad because he can't stomp tre flips like he can waffles.[/QUOTE]

  2. #2
    JeremeRogers.
    Jaames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    6,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafflestomper View Post
    I'm sure some around here have used Mob, what do you think of it??

    I didn't have such a great experience. I had a Mystery deck and I don't know if it was because of the paint or because of the glue, but it peeled right off. I also had a problem with how well it really stuck to my shoe, I couldn't even slide my foot as well as I usually can..

    So maybe I'm crazy or doesn anyone else encounter any problems?
    Best thing for that is when griping the board get a piece of the off cut grip and rub it over the grip on the board, Just a light sanding should do the trick. As for the peeling off. I have never had that happen and i use MOB most times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitta Blonde View Post
    there you go jaames... i voted for you!!

    youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

  3. #3
    New Member wafflestomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    36
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerohalo21 View Post
    Best thing for that is when griping the board get a piece of the off cut grip and rub it over the grip on the board, Just a light sanding should do the trick. As for the peeling off. I have never had that happen and i use MOB most times.
    I will have to try that.. I blame it on the paint on the Mystery deck to be honest.. The paint on the graphic side just flaked off and it also happened with the grip.. SO maybe that might be it? I'm going to sand the top before putting grip back on.
    [QUOTE=phlap;1502970]Why bother? Mongo's fine.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=Instrumental;1544082]I think he might be mad because he can't stomp tre flips like he can waffles.[/QUOTE]

  4. #4
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    i only ever use mob, i've never had it peel off.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  5. #5
    New Member wafflestomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    36
    Posts
    549

    Default

    I really should have took a picture. But I swear half the Paint off the Mystery deck was on the tape...
    [QUOTE=phlap;1502970]Why bother? Mongo's fine.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=Instrumental;1544082]I think he might be mad because he can't stomp tre flips like he can waffles.[/QUOTE]

  6. #6
    Beautiful Loser
    MRCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    desolation row
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,610

    Default

    The thing you're describing happened to my friend with his Santa Cruz (and MOB grip) but it was probably because he hadn't filed the edge of his board properly after putting it on, I've been only using MOB grip for a while now and never experienced this problem myself

    it is true that MOB is known to be grippier than most grips too, but that's actually what I like with them

  7. #7
    Live Life Loud! Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    414

    Default

    I'm not really that particular about what grip I use, I don't see them as having a big enough difference for it to really matter. I normally just get whatever comes free with the board.

    I've had MOB a few times, Black Magic, and True Grit. All have been fine, I don't really care which I end up with.

  8. #8
    Simon says Dynamiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm not really that particular about what grip I use, I don't see them as having a big enough difference for it to really matter. I normally just get whatever comes free with the board.

    I've had MOB a few times, Black Magic, and True Grit. All have been fine, I don't really care which I end up with.
    I can never really feel a difference with grip, at first its always a bit harsh but after breaking it in it feels the same as any other. I've had MOB, Jessup and something else I can't remember.

  9. #9
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    The thing you're describing happened to my friend with his Santa Cruz (and MOB grip) but it was probably because he hadn't filed the edge of his board properly after putting it on, I've been only using MOB grip for a while now and never experienced this problem myself


    it is true that MOB is known to be grippier than most grips too, but that's actually what I like with them

    i get it because its super grippy and never gets any air bubbles, i cant stand air bubbles.

    it can also come off its its cold, i usually grip my decks the night before i skate them, that gives the glue time to really bond with the deck.

    and its also really important to file the edges or they'll catch on the ground and make the grip start to come off.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  10. #10
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Durham nc
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    the only thing i used was mob. now i prefer paradox and if they don't have that its jessup
    There's a like panel of Judges in skateboarding you know? the dudes who deem its cool then its cool-Marc Johnson

    Nowadays I just think its just what the biggest rail and who can do the most tricks. It's more like hammers hammers hammers on videos rather then pushing -Nate Jones

    Watchin videos I'd watch more about people how they did the trick then the trick they were doing-Nate Jones

  11. #11
    La Chica Rica! ComicStix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I liked Mob. It's still grippy after a couple of years and does it's job. Overall, a good grip!

    I <3 Successful Negro!

  12. #12
    Skatinista! jcdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    I used to use Mob, but I'm not made of money, so I can't afford to go through a new pair of shoes every month. I didn't really like it, tbh. I think Jessup is the perfect grip, but I'll take whatever is free.

  13. #13
    Oh, THAT guy...
    Number6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerohalo21 View Post
    Best thing for that is when griping the board get a piece of the off cut grip and rub it over the grip on the board, Just a light sanding should do the trick. As for the peeling off. I have never had that happen and i use MOB most times.
    That's a good tip. I'll try that next time.

    I use Mob all the time and haven't had any problems except the extra grippyness described. That's probably true of a lot of grip tape though.

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Its a gr8 grip tape but i prefer jessup much much more...

  15. #15
    . The Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,724

    Default

    here is the thing about mob, if it sits around too long, it can get dust and crap in those perforations. which will make it a little less sticky. but mysteru decks are mostly dipped. which blows. meaning they dip the whole board in paint instead of leaving the top of the board plain wood. the reason why your grip came off is most likely that the paint puled off the deck, not that the grip came off. and like ZH said. when gripping, i take a file and file down around the edge f the board so its really on there. mob is good and you can screw it up.

  16. #16
    New Member wafflestomper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    36
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    here is the thing about mob, if it sits around too long, it can get dust and crap in those perforations. which will make it a little less sticky. but mysteru decks are mostly dipped. which blows. meaning they dip the whole board in paint instead of leaving the top of the board plain wood. the reason why your grip came off is most likely that the paint puled off the deck, not that the grip came off. and like ZH said. when gripping, i take a file and file down around the edge f the board so its really on there. mob is good and you can screw it up.
    I think your probably right on the dip part, it really seems to be the own logical anwser... I only have a hard time cutting grip for some reason.
    [QUOTE=phlap;1502970]Why bother? Mongo's fine.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=Instrumental;1544082]I think he might be mad because he can't stomp tre flips like he can waffles.[/QUOTE]

  17. #17
    Active Member SlickRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    36
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafflestomper View Post
    I'm sure some around here have used Mob, what do you think of it??
    MOB Grip=
    -best grip for the buck (if not... all around)
    -best grip to shred the $h*t out of your shoes (a.k.a. shoe killer)
    -best grip to dice down your fingers


    I opt to hopefully get MOB if I turn to buy TONS of shoes and get into vertical skateboarding alot more.

    Stick with Jessup griptape if you're gonna skate street. Although personal preference, I do not see the need to have so much grip on street skating when you are just going to do flip tricks, olleing off stairs and grinds (although MOB might help for the stairs and grinds part).

  18. #18
    Active Member dude4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Mob is the best grip iv used

  19. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    raleigh,nc
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7

    Default piff

    i def make sure to get mob wit every piff deck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •