Skateshops in Downtown Toronto

Thread: Skateshops in Downtown Toronto

Default Skateshops in Downtown Toronto

My HS Band and I are going to Toronto next week, and I was hoping maybe to purchase a couple things for my new setup when I'm there. We're going Downtown/Eaton Center one day, and I was wondering if there were any good skateshops very close to the Eaton Center?

Thanks guys.

angry, young & beautiful

there is a skate shop called So Hip It Hurts in downtown toronto it's about a 15 minute walk from the eaton centre. its on queen st w. go south on yonge street from the eaton centre and turn west on queen st w, keep walking on the left side of the road and look for the sign.

hope it helped
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Thank you! I was just curious if there was any even closer then that? Because I don't know if I could walk that far, cause I need a chaperone probably if leaving the Eaton Center..

BUMP: I'm leaving this Wednesday, and I could use all the info I can get!
    16 year old getting back into skating after a LONG hiatus. Still working on getting my new setup.

angry, young & beautiful

sorry man that's the closest one..
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Hogtown's the cheapest skate shop I know. Queen and Spidina though.

Default great job opportunity in toronto/vancouver!

Job Title: Auto Event On-Camera Hosts
    Dates: Part-time positions from May to December 31st, 2011
    Locations: Toronto and Vancouver
    Wage: $200 - $300 per shoot
    Application Deadline: ASAP

Objective:

TrojanOne is in the business of engaging consumers through the creation and delivery of innovative and meaningful consumer brand experiences. Our goal is to get our clients’ brands promoted.

We’re looking for confident, personable individuals who have a passion for things on wheels to work as On-Camera Hosts for our Client’s Website! As a Host you will assist to build our client, a leader in the toy car industry, into a culturally relevant boys franchise.

Job Description:

o Provide commentary on video content shot by our field reporters from auto shows, competitions, and races such as Indy, BMX, drag races, and skateboarding events.
    o Engage and excite consumers in a “Thrilling Vehicle Experience” – provide a fun and interactive experience for online viewers.
    o Exact event schedule is TBD. However workload will be dependent on how busy the on-site event schedule is and time of year

Requirements:

o Comfortable in front of the camera, able to speak on the fly and be engaging.
    o Ideal candidate will be aged 21-30, social and appeal to boys of all ages. Looking for individuals who are hip with an edgy/rough appearance. Tattoos are a plus!!
    o Hands-on auto experience or background related to the automotive industry and/or a real passion for anything on “Wheels” (e.g. cars, motorbikes, trucks, skateboards, etc.) an asset!
    o An education in business, broadcasting, journalism, or communications an asset, but not required.

Interested?

Please send your resume and a recent photo to resumes@trojanone.com ASAP. Please identify TOYHOST and the city your applying for in the subject line of the message. TrojanOne is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that only successful applicants will be contacted.

Blue Tile Lounge. (College & Bathurst)