How many skaters here like rap music?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many skaters here like rap music?

Word.

Default How many skaters here like rap music?

and i'm not talking about lil wayne and all that i'm talking about real rap like some of these artists,Take a listen:

Wu-Tang Clan

Gang Starr (RIP Guru)

Notorious B.I.G.

don't get me wrong,i like other genres,but i think rap is the most appealing.
    What do you think about rap music?
    Have A Nice Day

hell to the yaaaa. even tho im like pussy suburban white boy haha, but i love gang starr and biggie. but im also into other genres just as equal
    Get Strunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    i just think its against the nature of skating to say that what we do is ok but we shouldn't allow other people who are basically just the same as skaters but they only have half as many wheels.

Yeah i like the older stuff, i just listened to just about ever tupac song known to man a few hours ago. It's fun to listen to every once in a while, definitely not my favorite but i'm not opposed to it.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStrunk View Post
    hell to the yaaaa. even tho im like pussy suburban white boy haha, but i love gang starr and biggie. but im also into other genres just as equal
    Haha same with me,except i don't live in the suburbs.
    Merging doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStrunk View Post
    funny thing is im from Ohio too.
    Merging doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by laughmaniac123 View Post
    Yeah i like the older stuff, i just listened to just about ever tupac song known to man a few hours ago. It's fun to listen to every once in a while, definitely not my favorite but i'm not opposed to it.
    yeah i like to listen to SOME newer rap too,but Lil Wayne is lame.
    Last edited by Caleb; 05-09-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Boss

Hells yea.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

黒 キリスト

I only listen to rappers that live what they rap about. B.Gizzle, Soulja Slim, VL Mike, Eazy-E, Lil Eazy-E, and Chopper City Boyz. All grew up where people got shot and killed, sold drugs, done drugs, etc. Thats why all their songs are about drugs and violence, you can't grow up around all that and do songs that are peaceful. Soulja Slim and VL Mike where shot and killed and BG made a song called "Hood News" that tells it all and the lyrics say "You get it how you live, its shoot or get shot its kill or be killed"

Warning about the language.

Just defending on the music I listen to before someone comes in and says thats the reason rap sucks now a days. Rap has always been about where you grew up, friends, etc.

Rap is rap, old rap is the same as new rap. Whats the real difference between 2 Pac, Big L, and Biggie from what I posted? Or 2 Live Cew for that matter or Ice T? Nothing.
    Last edited by Ibanez; 05-09-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    Sleep Well
    Daisuke
    July 30, 1978 - July 15, 2010

JesusHadHerpes
    March 12, 1989 - September 12, 2008

Beautiful Loser

I listen to every genre of music as long as it's good and lately I've been listening to a lot of french rap, I'd post links but their greatest strength usually resides in the quality of the lyrics and for people who don't speak the language it would just sound like gibberish so there would be no point

I listen to many genres

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    I listen to every genre of music as long as it's good and lately I've been listening to a lot of french rap, I'd post links but their greatest strength usually resides in the quality of the lyrics and for people who don't speak the language it would just sound like gibberish so there would be no point
    oh dear god, I despise french rap, it's terrible, no offense

ALL rap IS good rap.

The thing is you gotta just pick and choose what you listen to by what you find appealing, and I'll admit it there are some questionable song out there as far as commerical status and truth but that's just the different styles.

I listen to all sorts!
    [B][COLOR="Navy"]2 year break, started up again on the 10th of april 2010![/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Magenta"][B]Goals by September [/B]-[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Street -[/B]
    Ollie (x)
    Fakie Ollie (x)
    Pop-shuvit bs (x) fs (/)
    Fakie shuvit bs (x) fs (/)
    Nollie shuvit bs (-) fs (-)
    180 Ollie bs (-) fs (/)
    Half Cab bs (-) fs (/)
    Heelflip (-)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Ramp -[/B]
    Rock to fakie (x)
    Fakie rock (x)
    Tail Stall (/)
    Kickturn bs (x) fs (x)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"](x) Consistent
    (/) Inconsistent
    (-) Working on it[/COLOR]

I love rap and I love Wu-Tang. Probably my favorite Wu-Tang song would be C.R.E.A.M.

I <3 Successful Negro!

Beautiful Loser

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    oh dear god, I despise french rap, it's terrible, no offense
    90% of it is terrible, the other 10% are most likely better than anything you will ever hear

angry, young & beautiful

i do.
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by krookedskater View Post
    ALL rap IS good rap.

The thing is you gotta just pick and choose what you listen to by what you find appealing, and I'll admit it there are some questionable song out there as far as commerical status and truth but that's just the different styles.
    Yeah,i like about any rap artist except most of the stuff from the south. i think the only Southern rap that i like is Three 6 Mafia,so if that gives you a idea.here's some other rappers i like.

Хой!

Scarface
    Dr Dre
    N.W.A.
    Snoop Doggy Dogg
    Cube
    Biggie
    Eazy
    I also like some tracks with Lady of Rage (Stranded on Death Row, Lyrical Gangbang).

I appreciate what you said about "real" rap in the sense that we don't need lil wayne rapping about drugs he never done and hoes he'll never get. But I was guilty of liking that one 50 Cent beat "In Da Club". Like I said, just the beat. Then I found out the beat was made by Dre, so...
    About Dre, who wants to get their hands on the Detox album (that thing better come out soon)?

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanez View Post
    I only listen to rappers that live what they rap about. B.Gizzle, Soulja Slim, VL Mike, Eazy-E, Lil Eazy-E, and Chopper City Boyz. All grew up where people got shot and killed, sold drugs, done drugs, etc. Thats why all their songs are about drugs and violence, you can't grow up around all that and do songs that are peaceful. Soulja Slim and VL Mike where shot and killed and BG made a song called "Hood News" that tells it all and the lyrics say "You get it how you live, its shoot or get shot its kill or be killed"

Warning about the language.

Just defending on the music I listen to before someone comes in and says thats the reason rap sucks now a days. Rap has always been about where you grew up, friends, etc.

Rap is rap, old rap is the same as new rap. Whats the real difference between 2 Pac, Big L, and Biggie from what I posted? Or 2 Live Cew for that matter or Ice T? Nothing.

Yeah i have heard of the ones you posted,but they are a lot different from lil wayne.for one,lil wayne always talks about how big and bad he is,and after a couple of songs it gets annoying.
    Merging doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by VitTheSkater View Post
    Scarface
    Dr Dre
    N.W.A.
    Snoop Doggy Dogg
    Cube
    Biggie
    Eazy
    I also like some tracks with Lady of Rage (Stranded on Death Row, Lyrical Gangbang).

I appreciate what you said about "real" rap in the sense that we don't need lil wayne rapping about drugs he never done and hoes he'll never get. But I was guilty of liking that one 50 Cent beat "In Da Club". Like I said, just the beat. Then I found out the beat was made by Dre, so...
    About Dre, who wants to get their hands on the Detox album (that thing better come out soon)?

I always liked Eazy more than Dre,but i wouldn't mind taking a listen to some of his newer stuff,seeing what he's been up to.
    Last edited by Caleb; 05-09-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by CalebS. View Post
    I always liked Eazy more than Dre,but i wouldn't mind taking a listen to some of his newer stuff,seeing what he's been up to.
    I really think the N.W.A. split was something that shouldn't have happened. Well, Eazy is dead, so you might as well check out what D.R.E. has been up to. He's been working mostly with others, making instrumentals and stuff.

Have you listened to Scarface? He's a guy that might change your opinion about South. (I myself, never bought into this crap of West vs East, etc. Listen to good music, not the coast)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQeN-OXZrLo

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by VitTheSkater View Post
    I really think the N.W.A. split was something that shouldn't have happened. Well, Eazy is dead, so you might as well check out what D.R.E. has been up to. He's been working mostly with others, making instrumentals and stuff.

Have you listened to Scarface? He's a guy that might change your opinion about South. (I myself, never bought into this crap of West vs East, etc. Listen to good music, not the coast)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQeN-OXZrLo
    Yeah i like him,Because i'm into the Geto Boys,and that is because i think Bushwick Bill is funny.

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by CalebS. View Post
    Yeah i like him,Because i'm into the Geto Boys,and that is because i think Bushwick Bill is funny.
    Do you have any rappers you like in some select songs? Like, I like everything from Dre. But only some stuff from (insert name here, ex.Snoop ((Why? 'Cause he is getting less G and more commercial. Basically, everything 2002 and earlier is fine.))

Kurupt is one of them
    MC Ren
    Yella
    Tribe Called Quest